After a drama has finished , delete ALL comments regarding subs

VIKI has a wide variety of new and older programs to explore I go to the review and comments sections first to see what others thought of the drama. And what do I see? - One-year old complaints about the subbing - especially for languages other than English -( people still don’t understand the process: Original language-English; English - other languages)

Is there some way to just delete these useless comments?

Or better still - prevent them from appearing in the comments section?

5 Likes

It’s a lot of work involved, and hopefully they can work something out regarding this situation. I no longer read reviews, and avoid the comment section as much as I can. Lately some evil doers are posting the end of the dramas and that’s very annoying.

3 Likes

Your idea is nice and would also help to get a more accurate rating for a drama. Some have lower ratings just because of the subbing progress when people complain it is too slow or too bad subbed.

I mostly don’t read any reviews anymore. When I try to decide if a drama is something for me or not I usually watch the trailer/s and read the drama’s summary (on VIKI, sometimes also on mydramalist). Sometimes I watch dramas because a Youtuber I like recommends it in a review (he never tells spoilers in his review videos).

4 Likes

If they are timed comments, then moderators can remove them. I’ve done this a few times, including removing other inappropriate comments. However, this is very time consuming so it doesn’t happen in a lot of drama’s.
For reviews and comments under the episodes you cannot do much except for flagging them down for inappropriate content. I heard that a comment gets removed if it receives several flags, but I don’t know how much there are needed.

2 Likes

You are so right… spoilers are the worst!

1 Like

Me too, I look at Drama beans, but I still wish we could rely on Viki supporters!

Moderators can only delete timed comments (I regularly do this on every show I’m in), but unfortunately we have no jurisdiction on Disqus comments nor reviews. We have repeatedly begged Viki to give us this possibility to moderate the discussion, or, if they don’t want to, at least appoint a person from their staff to do it.
I even offered to do it for free!
But so far it has fallen into deaf ears.

1 Like

No, in case, it would have to be the Channel Manager, or the English Moderator. They can’t give comment moderation power to a random volunteer (not saying you’re random, I mean a person who is not the team leader for that show). Because a person might go crazy and delete whatever they don’t agree with, or comments by people he/she doesn’t like, instead of just the sub whining or the fake reviews.
I understand their hesitation.

1 Like

I don’t read them for 3 reasons:
Choosing language doesn’t work and I get so many non-english which is pointless.
People giving away endings like: too bad she died or say it was a sad ending or similar without spoilertags really spoils it for me.
And all those that don’t understand and complains about no subtitles.

I think going through millions of these comments and delete them would be too much work so better to just avoid them.

VIKI could enable written reviews just after a drama is completed, meaning all episodes are online and with English subs.

They could also implement that a review gets a tag like “fully viewed” or “just partly” like amazon does it with its “verified buyer” tags.

First thing I did was to disable the timed comments. When I watch a drama I want to be drawn into the story’s atmosphere without being distracted by random comments.

So for me, it does not matter if there are any timed comments or not.

1 Like

@bleubirdmist

I would like it if a person like you would be appointed to delete all this comments/time comments rather than coming from anyone in the team, (CM or Moderator). You have very good points here and like you, I also feel that for doing this exhausting task, they should be rewarded somehow.

The CM/Moderators in the dramas have enough on their plate, and if they have this extra thing to do, it will in the long run affect the productivity in the drama they are working on. I always said this task should have never be given to a CM or Moderator in the drama. Especially some ppl around here that give me a vibe of being racist.

I hope they look into this and resolve this issue already.

2 Likes

That is why I feel you would be good for this volunteer task–’‘job’’ bc you don’t help with subbing or segging, so you will have the time to fairly delete those reviews/ comments that we have no need to see in there. I feel we need ppl that can dedicate fully to this task. Not like they’re doing now that the CM or Moderator in the drama can delete the comments besides all the workload they have to do.

I also didn’t read anywhere where you stated that you would love to delete every single Spanish review/comment you would see, like someone here is always saying, although this person knows that in English, Portuguese, Italian, French etc… they write complains, just as much as the Spanish viewers.

Of course, besides finding a way to reward the ones doing this difficult task, we must also find volunteers to delete comments/reviews written in every different language, too.

I have read comments in Portuguese were they curse the mother of the volunteers for not having the subs in that language in the drama but I have never seen those comments deleted (too bad I didn’t copy them so I could show them here). Since Portuguese is a bit spanish I was very offended and let her know what she did was very wrong bc as a volunteer cursing someone’s mother over subtitles is a bit too much.

Although in my opinion the review section is the worst thing they added here at the site. They should have done like in other places where you give a number for the review with no comments added.

2 Likes