An icon passed away today

!'Starsky & Hutch' Actor David Soul Dead at 80

4 Likes

Gosh time flies, everyone is aging. our time spent and memories are dissipating since we lived with those and enjoyed many things through them…

RIP whoever is passing away… every loss is very sad and I’m thinking of my lost mom…
Folks, treasure every minute with your loved ones :two_hearts:

11 Likes

I agree with you in Asian culture ‘‘death is preferable to life because they’ve been dishonored’’ (quote/unquote); in this actor case two main things drove him to that decision.

1. The LOVE for his family, and the shame HE brought to ALL family members because of his human action (making a mistake) that the Asian culture is so cruel, judgmental, and unforgiving . The cruel judging Asian society felt he was given time to stop what he was doing; but he let fame and money get to his head? Whatever. IN MY personal opinion, his addiction wasn’t that bad since he performed so well in ALL his recent acting that even got awards. I did read some articles that state during filming he was rude and aggressive at times (I DON’T SAY HE WAS HE: IT WAS WHAT I READ). I wasn’t there to see or say he was rude and aggressive during filming nor I read his acting cast complain about his rude behavior.

2. This time he felt they must have a lot of evidence that he couldn’t avoid or fight against, and he had already paid so much, and paying more money would be out of the question because it would leave his faithful wife and kids practically homeless, and worse yet, living in shame because Korean people can be cruel and relentless when it comes to judging and condemning people simply for being human and making a mistake.

IN U.S.A. this would have taken a very intense investigation before adding charges, and of course; the blackmailer would have faced prison more than him. I also wonder who is the father of the child the blackmailer has (If the child the blackmailer says is his child and he knew it, the mess was beyond help in his mind). She went public with baby in hand as to protecting herself and looking vulnerable. She’s the typical Blackmail person who manipulates situations and try to look innocent.

Since he did had an addiction, he would be forced to go to a rehab program that would prove he was willing to stop using whatever he was using. BUT we all know that SK and Japan has ZERO tolerance to Drug usage, buying etc…and they (AS FAR AS I KNOW) have no rehab centers, counseling or clinics so these resources can help those in need. If they do have psychiatric services because of the culture values they would make him feel more guilty instead of helping resolve and fix his mistake (using/buying drugs).

IN this actor’s case he even said it in his suicide note; I don’t see any other way out (he had already paid a HUGE amount of money before) and he had no more money to be paying to avoid the accusations without leaving his family practically completely bankrupt). Actors don’t get paid as much as they should in that country (when I saw what they get paid I was shocked beyond words).

IN Other words; he had no money resources, no hope, and no way out of getting out of the situation he was in just because we are ALL humans, and we can make mistakes, not once, but even twice.

He was condemned and judged, and that was what drove him to his suicide; NOT because he did something so wrong, so horrible, that he didn’t deserve forgiveness, understanding, help, but just because the Asian culture is not willing to modernize their thinking, reform and change their narrow thinking since that’s all they know and learned in that culture.
They NEED to realize that they are the ones who drive these poor souls to their death. I don’t know how they can live with themselves.

HIS DEATH WAS SO UNFAIR! Since after all, we are all HUMANS, we make mistakes, and sadly in his case fame and money may have played a part on it, but HE and we ALL deserve a chance in life; so we don’t think or feel there’s no WAY OUT, but the eternal sleep.

MAY HE REST IN PEACE, AND HIS DEATH SERVES A PURPOSE TO FINALLY SHUT THOSE CRUEL, JUDGEMENTAL PEOPLE WITH NO FORGIVENESS IN THEIR HEART BECAUSE IT WAS THEM; WHO DROVE HIM TO HIS SUICIDE DECISION.

5 Likes
4 Likes

RIP Melanie, I do remember her from my childhood, may family members find comfort in their beautiful memories. :sob: :candle:

3 Likes

AN ICON HAS PASSED AWAY…RIP

One of our Island pride and joy; Chita Rivera (1933–2024) American actress born to a Puerto Rican father. An icon that will forever live in our heart. RIP another star to brighten up the sky. :dizzy: :night_with_stars:

Chita Rivera , was an American actress, singer, and dancer. Rivera received numerous accolades including two Tony Awards, two Drama Desk Awards, and a Drama League Award. She was the first Latina and the first Latino American[1] to receive a Kennedy Center Honor in 2002, and the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2009.[2] She won the Tony Award for Lifetime Achievement in 2018. was nominated for a Tony Award, Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical[24] and a Drama Desk Award.[25] The Astaire Awards were rebranded The Chita Rivera Awards for Dance and Choreography in 2017.[26] In 2018, she received a Special Tony Award for Lifetime Achievement.[27] In 2019, Time Out New York named her “one of the best Broadway divas of all time.”[28]
Rivera had been a frequent guest narrator at Disney’s Candlelight Processional at Walt Disney World, most recently appearing in the 2021 and 2022 seasons

5 Likes

wow 91! she was awesome! RIP Chita!!

2 Likes

CBS News

Toby Keith, country music star, dies at 62

Country music star Toby Keith has died, his social media sites and website announced early Tuesday. He was 62.

The outlets said he “passed peacefully last night on February 5th, surrounded by his family. He fought his fight with grace and courage. Please respect the privacy of his family at this time.”

3 Likes
3 Likes

From my era, Eric Carmen passed away March 11, 2024 at age 74. RIP Eric Carmen. Here’s one of my favorite songs from his collection:

6 Likes

A veteran Korean actor passed away. Song Min Hyung was 70 and died after complication following a gallbladder surgery… He had also cancer several times during his lifetime. He must have been a tough fighter!
RIP, you continue to live on the screen :candle: :dove:

8 Likes

!Song Min Hyung - Movies & TV Shows

I’ve watched, and loved three, make that four of his shows currently listed on Viki. Jumong, now listed on Viki as Ju Mong, Prince of Legend, is not listed among his works.

A solar eclipse transition. :butterfly::dove::pray:t5:

3 Likes

O J Simpson died today he was 76

2 Likes

:astonished: Wow! Just hearing today. Spring transition. :butterfly::dove::pray:t5:

1 Like

Well he made history about “If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit” or something like this. The tragic death of his wife… the kids must be much older by now.

1 Like

When is this tragedies with young ppl in SK going to end?

3 Likes

Dickey Betts - The Allman Brothers Band

🦋🕊️ April 18, 2024

!https://youtube.com/@RockinHits?feature=shared

2 Likes

She committed suicide and she suffered from Depression.

I just wished she believed in the words she was saying for others. May she Rest In Peace.

@leerla73 minute 10:10

3 Likes

So sad to hear this :pensive: :fallen_leaf: :butterfly: :dove:

Mandisa (Cause of death, Unknown).

:open_mouth: Also a April 18, 2024 Transition, and from the southern states. :thinking:

2 Likes

What a sad story, but while listening to the video, there seems to be too much religious obsession and that isn’t healthy also… just my impression… RIP Mandisa live free like a bird :dove:

1 Like