An icon passed away today

Wanted to share this with u guys. FROM THE LINKS @manganese provided ABOVE HIDDEN IN SUMMARY that I HOPE MANY TAKE THE TIME TO READ> THANK YOU @manganese for sharing your wisdom and caring with us all.

What can we learn from Kevin’s story?

Kevin is one of the 30 or so individuals to have survived a jump from the Golden Gate Bridge since its construction in 1937. The bridge has claimed at least 1500 lives: 33 are known to have died in 2012. Kevin was suffering from a severe mood disorder, but bridge suicide victims include people from all walks of life with and without mental disorders.

This is the story of a Chinese man who found a way to stop suicide on Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge

Meet the man who dedicates his life to preventing suicides in China’s most notorious jumping spot - and he has saved 321 people in 13 years

• Chen Si, 48, patrols the Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge every weekend
  • At 197 feet above waters, the bridge is a notorious suicide spot in China
  • The man tries to talk down those who attempt to jump off the platform
  • He rents a two-bedroom flat near the bridge for those in need to stay
  • Many people are moved by Chen’s story and join his volunteer work

LET’S LIVE BY EXAMPLE AND IN HONOR OF GAVIN LARKIN, ANDTHOSE WHO DID SOMETHING, LET’S DO ARE OUR PART AND ASK; ARE U OK? THAT SENTENCE CAN BE THE WORDS THAT CAN SAVE A LIFE.

5 Likes

Yes a lot of them take advantage of so many. Also have heard of the pacts with the satan that they’ve done in Hollywood and other areas and more is coming out about that. With everything being exposed I’m hopeful that it will all be put to a stop and these people (especially children in these bands/acting careers) will be protected from these things.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this video. It’s a heartwarming story.

2 Likes

I’m really worried now about EUN Woo that cute young man from ISLAND
that I always say he has the saddest look in his face; like he’s extremely in pain and depressed. I read he convinced Moon Bin to renew his contract, and I hope he doesn’t feel it was his fault for convincing him to renew instead of letting him go his way.
One thing I’m sure; there is something suspicious about this young man death bc I have never seen here in USA and on our Channel news about any other suicide in SK, but today they gave the news that Moon Bin death is going to be investigated, and they send his body to a Medical Examiner before doing the funeral procedure.
He didn’t leave a suicide note, and he did a very strange video where you hear him talking to himself, and it was so eerie the feels that I had to stop it bc it was breaking my heart to know that he was alone during a time he needed company around him. The video is on YT and is authentic.

Australian comedian Barry Humphries has died, aged 89 years. I’ll always remember him as Dame Edna, but he’s probably best known to younger audiences as the voice of Bruce the Shark in “Finding Nemo.” He was a great comedian and certainly one of the most famous Australians. RIP, Barry. My condolences to his family, friends, and fans around the world.

BBC News Article: Barry Humphries: Dame Edna Everage Comedian Dies at 89

8 Likes

I thought about that too (Cha Eun-Woo’s feelings about Moonbin’s death) if he did indeed help to convince Moonbin to re-sign with Fantagio. It just crushes me to think that these beautiful, talented young people (or anyone, actually) feel that they have no other recourse but to end their life.

Here’s my experience with suicide, if you’d care to read.

Summary

Many years ago, I had the pleasure of working with a young man who was part of my team. He was cheerful, kind, sensitive, and fun to be around. Little did any of us on the team know that his cheerful exterior hid a painful childhood. Later, we discovered that he had been bullied by his father as a child and young adult. (His father essentially told him that he would never amount to anything, etc.). Also, his parents divorced when he was young. Looking back, he never showed any signs that he would commit self-harm. Unbeknownst to any of us on the team, he was going through some personal issues with a female member of our team (they had been on again-off again dating). On the day he committed suicide, he tried to (at work) convince her one last time to rekindle their relationship. She adamantly refused so he clocked out, went home, and shot himself. He was 33 years old. While the team was dealing with the shock of this, we also struggled to understand why he did it and how we could have missed some signal that he was having issues. My company did arrange for us to talk to a psychiatrist which was somewhat helpful but mainly I’ll always remember what the psychiatrist said. “You will never understand why he did what he did, but someday you will come to accept it.” I still think about what happened that day in 1996 and wish with all my heart that my friend was still alive so we could go for coffee and chat. I know the pain we felt did not even come close to the pain his family must have suffered.

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing this with us because by doing so, you are also able to let any trace of the pain you still feel have an outlet that will help you to learn to accept what happened to that young man, and especially know that there was Absolutely nothing you or anyone could’ve done to stop it.

Summary

When I tried to commit suicide my youngest daughter was 6 months old only so I had a combination of post-partum Depression (which back then it was unheard of), and a horrible thing that happened to me 2 weeks short of my 16th birthday. That was exactly 31 years and 6 months ago, and I can assure you that not one day goes by that I don’t feel guilty of leaving my kids behind with the same people that drove me to wanting to kill myself. Yes, sadly those around us sometimes are the ones who drive us to that black hole; in my case was a simple statement from my own sister and that was; Get over it already, you sound like a broken record. Those words to me was the last straw that my aching heart could take, and I was selfish in a way of not thinking about my children (3), and how much they needed me in their life.

Since I survived after enduring days of agonizing being fed '‘charcoal like substance’ and another stuff that would make me throw up my guts I can assure you that you could have drank that cup of coffee and chat hours on end with the young man, and the outcome would have been the same. SO PLEASE, don’t EVER feel you didn’t do enough.

But to all of you who takes the time to read this I advise that if you do see someone sad or crying, at least ask them; Are you Okay? If they are not giving any clues like in the case of the young man in your team believe that was his destiny to die at 33 years old by suicide. Does it make sense? No, it makes absolutely no sense at all to ‘‘Us’’ now, but one day we will have all the answers, as to why a parent can’t tell that their 12 year old child will commit suicide, and they had no idea that would happen until they found their body lifeless, no longer breathing, and no matter how much they try that life is now gone forever. If my Destiny was to die at 29 you all know the rest. Don’t ever feel you didn’t do enough. Our destiny are written as to the way we will die, the age, hour and minute they are all written.

Have anyone of us stop to think why a person crossed at the wrong time, and was killed by a car? Many will say one more second not putting that foot forward and that person would be alive today. No, that foot went down because it was his/her time and that is why I add what I read years years ago in a bible: Who of you by worrying will add years to your life? None of us can. Let’s no longer dwell on the things we can’t change, and just try to learn to love one another more, no matter our race, color, religion or choice of life we may have. If we do that; maybe we can help someone in pain about to commit suicide to believe that there is hope in their life, and they should give themselves one more chance to live life. Blessings to all.

3 Likes

Your kind and caring words bring me to tears. Thank you.
Love and hugs to you.

2 Likes

stardust2466

2d
Your kind and caring words bring me to tears. Thank you.
Love and hugs to you.

]
My favorite thing to do is give hugs, and I hope you can feel my very strong hug to you. I had a long road to learn to love myself, and love others because I had so much violence around me, and I learned to have very bad temper, and typical of Puertorican race had a sharp tongue that expresses what they have to say whenever I have to say it, and in here some people constantly flag my writings from left to right, and it gets deleted. lol

I’m human and not perfect, and my biggest flaw is to defend with all my might what I feel are injustice committed by some people here that don’t seem to like me, and all I’m doing is stating the facts and even have evidence of the wrong things that happen here but there are too many against me so I have no hope of seeing the wrong things that go on in here to ever end.

But I do love when my desire to express the LOVE reaches and touches someone like it did to you, and I thank you so much for expressing that in here, too. When we die, we only take the good things we have done for others, and I have seen bad people suffer so horribly in their deathbed for all the bad things they did to others, and no amount of prayer I (we) may do for them; will alleviate the torment they will face before mercy finally reaches them, and they go to the everlasting sleep where the torment has finally ended.

Maybe because I have seen the suffering evildoers go through is that when I’m getting angry, I just stay away so my mind don’t poison itself too, and I end up becoming a person full of hate and anger like them, that in the long run will only affect me (ourselves)… When I do speak out it’s only because I want some truth to be heard/seen by others, and somehow stop people from believing the lies some fabricate against me in here. I HONESTLY would have never ‘‘speak out’’ so much, if it wasn’t because of the abuse and disrespect my Spanish language goes through here at this site for years and years now. I don’t know if other language are going through that too since the only language I know is English and Spanish, and as a native Spanish speaker, reader, and writer, I defend my pride and joy and that is my Spanish language.

LET US PRAY for all the souls who will depart today, for those who are sick in the Hospital that may never go back HOME, but will go back to their first Home. Let’s pray more, love more, so when our time comes, mercy also reaches our soul, and we leave embraced in Angel’s wings on our way back HOME…

1 Like

A REAL ICON LEFT US … :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Harry Belafonte, award-winning actor and singer, dead at 96

5 Likes

Who doesn’t remember his famous and very unique song??
RIP Harry Belafonte, I think you had a filled life and you were able to have a long life.
What a great voice and a beautiful smile he had; he did age really well.
Many great people are leaving :cry:

6 Likes

yeah I just heard about this. he had an awesome voice!!

5 Likes

RIP, Harry Belafonte. A wonderful musician and an even greater humanitarian. He will be missed. My condolences to his family, his friends, and his fans.

4 Likes

Former Champion Ballroom Dancer and Judge Len Goodman dies aged 78 years of bone cancer.
I first saw him on TV show “Dancing With The Stars,” where he was head judge. His wit, humor, and honest critiques were a breath of fresh air in the genre of reality TV. RIP, Len. You will be missed. My condolences to his family, friends, and fans.

NPR Obituary article: Ballroom dancer and longtime ‘Dancing With The Stars’ judge Len Goodman dies at 78

4 Likes

:white_heart::dove::white_heart:

A ship is surely sailing this spring of 2023.

:butterfly::white_heart::passenger_ship::anchor::wheel_of_dharma::ferry::white_heart::butterfly:

So many known folks have boarded.

4 Likes

Jerry Springer passed today

3 Likes

They still boarding.

3 Likes

Harry Belafonte, singer, actor and activist, has died at age 96, tuesday

3 Likes

Canadian Singer-Songwriter Gordon Lightfoot dies age 84 years of natural causes.
RIP to one of the great folk singers and songwriters. Such beautiful music will be with us always. My condolences to his family, his friends, and his fans around the world.

5 Likes

This pulls at my heart strings.

3 Likes