An icon passed away today

Tina Turner died after a long illness in her home near Zurich in Switzerland, her publicist confirms
Tina Turner, whose volcanic voice and dynamic dance moves earned her the Queen of Rock crown over the course of a 60-year career, has died at the age of 83.

The legendary singer died after a long illness at her home near Zurich in Switzerland, according to PA.

6 Likes

I had friends who went to one of her concerts when she did her last tour, and they were all amazed by her. I couldn’t go back then, sigh.
She was a true legend, I remember that David Bowie helped her in the beginning of her solo career. Now, going to listen to two “heavenly” musicians. Sad, but I knew she was ill and had a kidney transplant from her husband. She will be unforgettable at least for my generation.

6 Likes

:heart: Love this! :blush:

4 Likes

RIP, Tina Turner. Certainly the “Queen of Rock n’ Roll.” Her energy on stage was unmatched, and those lucky enough to see her perform live were in for a real treat. I remember her fantastic comeback in the 1980’s. It’s amazing that she was able to have an even bigger solo career starting at age 45, running rings around other singers half her age. A true music legend.
My condolences to her family, her friends, and her fans around the world.

5 Likes

RIP Tina :candle:, I’m saddened to read this news, she was sick for a while, now she’s with the angels, but we are missing another valuable and memorable singer and entertainer, she appeared always happy and in good spirit. I do remember her in Mad Max movie, she was the leader there, I loved her there, her outfit too! All the good gang members are leaving… missing David Bowie too :sob:

4 Likes

Ed Ames, ‘Daniel Boone’ Star and Ames Brothers Singer, Dies at 95

Ed Ames, a member of the Ames Brothers singing quartet who starred in TV series “Daniel Boone” in the 1960s, died Sunday at his home in Los Angeles. He was 95.

Ed Ames and his brothers Vic, Joe and Gene had a hit with their version of “Rag Mop” in 1950. As a solo artist, he had hits with “Who Will Answer?,” “My Cup Runneth Over” and “Try to Remember.” In the 1950s, they had a syndicated TV program, “The Ames Brothers Show,” and 49 songs that charted before they broke up in 1963.

I sure didn’t know this about him

Although his background was Russian Jewish, Ames was cast several times as a Native American, and played Mingo, a Cherokee Indian character with a British father, for several seasons of the Fess Parker Western “Daniel Boone.”

2 Likes

Treat Williams Dies In Motorcycle Accident: ‘Everwood,’ ‘Hair’ Star Was 71

Williams played the kindhearted lead on the WB’s Everwood for four seasons from 2002-06, a role that seemed to fit the actor perfectly. Williams received two SAG Award nominations for his work on the show. The series never was a ratings blockbuster, but it helped launch the careers of Chris Pratt, Emily VanCamp and Gregory Smith.

Williams was well-seasoned by the time the show came around: His first big break came when he auditioned for a road company for Grease.

6 Likes

RIP Treat Williams :cry: What a tragic death. I do remember him very well from Hair, he had this long hair, was tall and funny. I was also very much touched by this scene, when they walked into the plane, very sad moments…

Watch here his performance :wink:

5 Likes

Woke up to sad news. She’s talented, beautiful, a great performing artiste, and a multilinguist, too. Too young to leave… :sob:

CoCo Lee, Disney’s ‘Mulan’ Singer, Dies at 48

CoCo Lee - A Love Before Time (English)

Coco Lee - Reflection (2020) (From “Mulan”)(Mandarin Chinese)

聲生不息 第7集 丨李玟熱情勁舞《 跳舞街 》丨純享版丨陳慧嫻丨廣東歌丨粵語歌丨港樂丨綜藝 丨唱歌 (Cantonese)

:revolving_hearts: :pray:

9 Likes

yes I just heard about her,RIP!!

2 Likes

The saddest part is that she committed suicide, and I went through all her BIO and she seemed to have everything in life to be happy about so her death leaves me with a pain in my heart although I just know about her when I read a few days ago about her death. It brought back memories of all those Young Asian actors/actress that resorted to suicide in the prime of their life.

RIP Coco Lee; MAY you finally found the PEACE that you were seeking for. I will pray for you, and your road into the light.

4 Likes

also, those young actors & actresses that took their own lives these past few years, the way I understand she sought help too. my heart goes out to these families as well. the question is how can we help, the answer listen, and pay attention. and if anyone does need help go see a counselor, priest, pastor, and so on. there’s got to be a solution. I also am one that has been depressed, but I did ask for help, and did me good. do seek help if you that need it.

6 Likes

The problem with some Asian countries that they disregard depression as a very serious problem, and the main cause of suicide. They always say they same line; ‘‘Get over it’’ like if that’s so easy to do.

2 Likes

Get over it?? yeah, some “kind” folk said that to me too, but how do you get over that pain, the feeling of hopelessness, helplessness, I am not good, or not good enough, the pressure of others, the job, and so on, and the negative vibes, not so easy as some think!! and yes the one thing, trust God, believe, have faith, to me that was a struggle! I am a Christian yes, but hopelessness is not a good thing to have!! and excuse me, with people of different faiths too, its a struggle!

4 Likes

found this a short time ago, thought it would be helpful to someone

someone please listen

7 Likes

An icon she was indeed, the youngsters won’t likely remember her. The British singer and actress living in France, who had a turbulent life and while flying she met a Hermes designer who after a conversation with her designed the famous Birkin bag.
Jane Birkin died yesterday at home, 76 years old, likely due to several health issues. Anyone remembers her and particularly the once banned song :rofl: ?

6 Likes

MY HEART IS DESTROYED. For so many years I enjoyed watching her as a meteorologist and some other assignments she got. The reporters actually become part of your day and to loose her in the prime of her life… ;(

RIP… AN ANGEL left us to go to HEAVEN.

[

Remembering our beloved colleague Elise Finch

](Remembering our beloved colleague Elise Finch - CBS New York)

PS. This is the second female reporter that dies suddenly.

5 Likes

Entertainment Tonight Videos

Tony Bennett Dead at 96

Fri, July 21, 2023 at 10:52 AM EDT

Tony Bennett has died. He was 96. The music icon and 19-time GRAMMY winner died in his hometown of New York, just two weeks shy of his birthday. The singer’s publicist confirmed his death in a statement to ET. While there was no specific cause of death named, Bennett had previously been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.

6 Likes

RIP, Tony Bennett. He lived a long and eventful life. And what a voice! He was one of the lucky ones in that the quality of his voice lasted for a very long time.
I think much credit goes to his son, who took over as his manager, for helping to revitalize his career and keep him relevant and current with the new generations. It was his son’s idea for Tony to perform on MTV Unplugged, and that performance gave him new exposure and a whole new generation of fans. The Grammy award for Album of the Year for that MTV concert capped off Bennett’s renaissance. Tony’s willingness to embrace new things served him well. I always loved Tony Bennett’s sense of humor. I appreciated that he was able to laugh at himself. His cameo on SNL with Alec Baldwin was hilarious!
He will be missed, but thank goodness we can still listen to his beautiful voice forever. My condolences to his family, his friends, and his fans around the world.

5 Likes

You said it so well and yes Tony Bennett had a very pleasant voice and looked so down to earth getting along with everyone. Those Duetts are awesome, the one with Amy Weinstein RIP… and many more… so sad these people we lived long with are leaving… :frowning: May he sing in heaven now.

4 Likes