Annoying subtitles that bothers Me/Myself and I/ to see them here at this site

It became a big group chat lol… we volunteers just won’t stop talking once we start :laughing: I’ve had no time to binge dramas because I stop there after finishing my volunteering duties :joy: If I’m not careful, I won’t have time to study

2 Likes

see you will stop binge watching, thanks to us. it is unhealthy!!!:rofl:

2 Likes

I will give it some serious thought. Regardless, I am glad to see new ideas at work here at Viki. I remember when @dimghro first introduced the idea of Discord, there was some opposition from the old-timers. I was supportive then and I am still supportive of anything that would help the newcomers to navigate through the volunteer system.

5 Likes

Turning off the lights, lying on my bed and typing away through the night until everyone yells at me to go to sleep isn’t my idea of a healthy lifestyle either :laughing:

2 Likes

hahaha :rofl:

1 Like

this is how it looks at present @choitrio. I won’t press the matter more, you are always welcome.

Screenshot%20(18)

2 Likes

When you say “talking”, is it writing or actual speaking?

2 Likes

It means Typing

2 Likes

Then how is it different from what we are doing here at Discussions?

2 Likes

We will have more option. since there are other features like screen share for subbing/ segmenting. also you will feel more comfortable there once yo get hang of it like those chats/classes are private. but i should not say more now, i sound like a cult leader recruiting volunteers :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@choitrio

Come to think about it you are so right because in the Korean language one word can have so many different meaning depending on the context of the scene playing. While in the English language we have so much more options with words. Thanks for the tip.

What baffles me that when I do the Goggle translate for: 정신 차려 all I get in English is: Wake. I’m so amazed how you and OL translators can make a sentence out of one simple word. I truly admire you all for the hard work you have to do to make a comprehensible sentence in dramas/movies etc. thank you so much!

4 Likes

You would make a good cult leader, or a sales person, lol.

5 Likes

oh i hate this job right now since i can not convince you :sweat_smile::wink:

3 Likes

I would not have done it but it would be nice to have a professional in the group. I should stop talking now. I am not a Koreaboo, i wont bother you. I love Japan :rofl:

1 Like

Au contraire, I am almost convinced.:wink:

5 Likes

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning: you won’t regret it. plus trying new features is always good. if you find it uncomfortable, there is always ab ‘‘uninstall’’ button.

3 Likes

@choitrio

You won’t know if you like it, until you try it. :wink::wink: So try it and let me know if is a cult or a sales pitch…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

So you want me to be the guinea pig?:wink:

4 Likes

@choitrio
This is a good one for that thread you made a while back

정신 means “mind” or “mental faculties”.

Although in English it translated to one word; WAKE, in Korean it was TWO WORDS [정신](mental faculties which makes sense to use as get hold of yourself) …[차려] (this one separately says: dress up) but together is wake (up). OMG, I’m really giving up on learning Korean.

I even found a song. Kim Soo-Chul- Wake up. not that great lmao

https://www.google.com/search?q=정신+차려&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2 Likes

@choitrio
when @dimghro first introduced the idea of Discord, there was some opposition from the old-timers.

I also found it odd that time when that happened, and thought it was maybe bc is for '‘younger crowd’

2 Likes