Any Korean Shows with Korean subtitles?

딴따라 (Entertainer) is another. We also have Korean subtitles for a lot of late license ones. We put them in to help subtitlers.

2 Likes

another one is Lucky Romance

1 Like

Most variety shows have Korean subtitles. Just remember two things though:

1. Not everything said is subtitled. You get subtitles maybe 40%-70% of the time? It’s still good. You can study the ones that ARE subtitled.

2. Not everything on-screen are subtitles. Some are simply captions to describe the mood or the theme that the show is moving towards in that moment. E.g. If the variety show shows someone dropping his phone on the floor, then the caption probably will be like: ‘’!!! TaeHo Ssi dropped his phone on the floor!!!" so it’s not subtitles.

Other sources of studying spoken Korean with subtitles:
*Korean Youtubers with Korean subtitles (There are quite a number of them). Some of them do makeup etc. Search up 허팝 or 김이브님.
*Korean blogs who subtitle for deaf and hearing impaired Koreans. The last time I checked one of them, they subbed ‘It’s alright, it’s love’ which is a pretty famous drama (in 2014 I think).
*Conversations in Korean (http://conversationsinkorean.com) is ok too. It takes one or two lines out of a show/drama and transcribes them for you. Nothing great but I use it every now and then for now.

2 Likes

I believe Entertainer has Korean subtitles.

2 Likes

I know a couple shows do have subtitles in Korean, but the only one I can think of at the top of my head right now is “Monster” which is on air right now. Hope this was helpful!

3 Likes

Beautiful Mind is being Korean captioned in its entirety starting ep 6. Sometimes Lucky Romance has them.

1 Like

Trot Lovers has complete Korean subs :smile:

3 Likes

It’s Okay, It’s Love also has 98% Korean subtitles :slight_smile:

1 Like

구르미 그린 달빛
Moonlight Drawn By Clouds has 100% Korean subtitles.

3 Likes

Legend of the Blue Sea eps 1-3 has nearly 100% korean subtitles. We didn’t do the lyrics because we aren’t sure. I think there may be one or two segs missing because again we couldn’t hear them accurately.

4 is… idk the korean captions for this series is to help the editors and subbers mostly.

ohh cant believe there is no Korean subtitles for Unstoppable high kick, its really funny show I wanna watch it so much, but I don want English sub, I’m learning Korean, but my level is so much absolute beginner, but I think if I watch unstoppable high Korean subs it will be more funnier than just study with papers, but omgod ther is no subtitles, why you guys think koreansubtitles for Korean dramas is unnessessary, ofcoz its unnecessary for native Korean speakers or high level Korean learners, but for the begginners or intermediary level learners Korean sub with korea drama is so much necessary thing hope will do some more Korean subs, especialy for unstoppable high kick

The Legend of the Blue Sea has Korean subtitles for the first few episodes and I believe they will all be filled eventually.

2 Likes

A classic Korean film called The Wedding Day is being captioned right now in Korean. It is 60% ready. If you wait a week or two, it will be ready. My reading skills in Korean are a bit slow, therefore I proceed little by little.
http://www.viki.com/videos/217882v-the-wedding-day

1 Like

Are you captioning it yourself? Did you get the script? If so, I might be able to get those last couple lines that I couldn’t get before.

Ι am sending you a private message.

1 Like

The Legend of the Blue Sea - Korean subs for this show are really helpful for me - as I’ve decided not to watch it with english sub for exercising my basic Korean skill! (I use dictionary,grammar rules- compare with my native language- in this way I keep watching!) Thanks a lot for your hard work-I really appreciate it- I have done many subs in my native language before, so I know how tough it is! But sadly Korean subs for episode 7,8,9 are almost/totally missing! So my kind inquiry is- will they be subbed soon? many thanks in advance!

If you live in Korea. Go join a video rental place and download the CD. most times itll have korean subs and you can burn the cd.

Hi,

have a look at www.captionclass.com where we have translated Naver videos for kids. You can watch those videos with dual simultaneous subtitles in Korean and English.

Hopefully, maybe it can be useful for you :slight_smile:

hey why are all the dramas you mentioned above not avail to watch, im in korea now. :frowning: is there any other website or player for those? really need to get going my korean. thanks @sophie2you

Because the broadcasters didn’t sell viki the rights to air in Korea. Obviously.

1 Like