Anybody Else Watching the New "Vincenzo" with Song Joong Ki

May the Fourth be With YOu!

Hmmā€¦well, we can all dream, right? :sweat_smile::joy:

No, CP says he would make it so that sheā€™d be able to live as a woman again and they would get married. Thatā€™s why sheā€™s wearing womenā€™s clothes in the last scene.

The real story is pretty tragic anyway, I definitely wouldnā€™t have wanted to see Crown Prince dying at a young age, even though he had no concubines. Whatever it is, kdrama writers are merciful and let me live in my ignorant bubble of fantasy :joy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Borahae! lolā€¦ Iā€™m waaaaaayyy too old to be army but I like BTS. :smiley:

1 Like

No one is too old to fangirl! Youā€™re still ARMY even if you donā€™t join streaming wars and all that stuff!

1 Like

Fan wars are stupid. I do streamā€¦ a lot. But ARMY is adorable YOUTh and youth I am not. lol

1 Like

hehe the biggest clue to you not being a teen is that you called ARMY ā€œadorableā€ :joy::joy: Theyā€™re the scariest fandom out there!

1 Like

Isnā€™t that what the acronym means? A.R.M.Y" stands for "Adorable Representative M.C. for Youth? Not sure what the MC means

1 Like

M.C probably means ā€œspokespersonā€, but idk, Iā€™m not ARMY

1 Like

Ok - I started this thread and Iā€™m a HOTTEST all the way! DAY in and DAY OUT

I just realized I said "OKā€™ bahahahahahahahahahaha!

1 Like

https://www.soompi.com/article/1467231wpp/kwak-dong-yeon-shares-why-he-thinks-of-vincenzo-as-a-turning-point-for-his-acting-career

My BABY LOVE my BABY LOVE - My BABY BABEL - I support YOU!

Kwak Dong Yeon, who broadened his acting spectrum with his role in ā€œVincenzo,ā€ garnered a lot of praise for his performance in the drama. ā€œA lot of people sent me their praise and compliments, so I was happy,ā€ he said. ā€œHan Seo is someone who shows a lot of different sides of him in the drama. I think that the keyword to his character is ā€˜survival.ā€™ Heā€™s alive, but so under his brotherā€™s thumb that he has no independent consciousness. He was like a zombie. He saw Vincenzo and started to hope that he could live a life under his own control.ā€

"The actor also talked about the physical abuse that his character suffers in the drama. ā€œI got hit a lot,ā€ he reminisced. ā€œI got hit the most here out of all the projects Iā€™ve ever done. Joon Woo is always slapping me, hitting me on the head, hitting me with a hockey stick, kicking me, even strangling me. I actually felt my self-esteem draining away while filming those scenes. Constantly suffering that kind of treatment is humiliating, and after several scenes like that, I felt a real sense of depression. The scenes were created to show how much Han Seo was suffering from humiliation and despair.ā€ ā€œā€

I love this from the article! It does show how much of a ā€œpuppetā€ Baby Babel was! How he was humiliated and tortured basically - I wish he could have taken over Babel and made it GOOD - Iā€™m still sad

Ok - I confess - He was my favorite character - He just warmed my heart he was so sweet and innocent and tortured - Ok I admit it!
@mas4

4 Likes

Oh thatā€™s the story of the King that only loved one woman and he died young bc he was very sickly since childhood but theoretically it was that they were poisoning him which made him all the time very sick. They should hint what story is related to; is not like everyone knows those stories from that era.

1 Like

crying

Iā€™m crying again! After reading that article about the evolution of my BABY BABEL in the actors words. Maybe no one will understand but he is my FAVORITE Character! 2 days later and Iā€™m still crying

@mas4 u get me RIGHT???

2 Likes

@kdrama2020ali
You sure got over Vincenzo and his silky Pajamas fast enough. lol

5 Likes

Kwak Dong Yeon Shares Why He Thinks Of ā€œVincenzoā€ As A Turning Point For His Acting Career

ā€œVincenzoā€

In the drama, Kwak Dong Yeon plays Jang Han Seo, the false leader of Babel Group. Although he appears hardened to evil, he is actually under the thumb of his psychopath brother, Jang Joon Woo (2PMā€™s [Taecyeon]

In the interview, Kwak Dong Yeon said, ā€œI think that Iā€™ve grown a lot while playing Jang Han Seo. Itā€™s not that I matured on my own, but I was able to grow while watching and working with amazing seniors that I respect.

ā€œHan Seo is someone who shows a lot of different sides of him in the drama. I think that the keyword to his character is ā€˜survival.ā€™ Heā€™s alive, but so under his brotherā€™s thumb that he has no independent consciousness. He was like a zombie. He saw Vincenzo and started to hope that he could live a life under his own control.ā€

[The actor also talked about the physical abuse that his character suffers in the drama. ā€œI got hit a lot,ā€ he reminisced. ā€œI got hit the most here out of all the projects Iā€™ve ever done. Joon Woo is always slapping me, hitting me on the head, hitting me with a hockey stick, kicking me, even strangling me. I actually felt my self-esteem draining away while filming those scenes. Constantly suffering that kind of treatment is humiliating, and after several scenes like that, I felt a real sense of depression. The scenes were created to show how much Han Seo was suffering from humiliation and despair.ā€]

I am so GLAD an actor spoke out about this senseless corporal beatings/ suffering; actors go through portraying these characters in this types of dramas. As you can see by his admission this roles take a toll in the mind of the actor/actress. So far, heā€™s the only actor speaking out about this and I am so PROUD of him and I know heā€™ll go very far in this career. He should put his foot down and avoid those kind of roles that they are certainly affecting him emotionally. He can prove his worth as an actor many other ways, not by playing punching bag, puppet to others. Looking forward to his Main Lead role real soon.

I can see him in spy/romantic kind of drama for him.

1 Like

I still love my PJs - Too bad Han Seo was never shown in his!!!

He spoke out that this was what the character suffered but he still felt that the character will be a memorable one that has catapulted him forward._

I LOVE him and THANK him for bringing this character to light. It touched my heart so much! I would want him to always take roles that will bring out his acting skills and also bring out my love for them.

I am SO HAPPY he played this role it will stick with me a long time
she says as she sniffles sniffles sniffles more
Han Seo - My Baby Love - Official Scene Stealer

1 Like

I think I need to start a Kwak Dong Yeon - Thread!
https://www.preview.ph/culture/vincenzo-kwak-dong-yeon-a00268-20210503

Drama Series of Kwak Dong Yeon - Asian Wiki -

2 Likes

Hellooo girl donā€™t read between the lines: the actor clearly stated HIS own personal feelings playing such a detrimental character. LOOK below at this lines:

and after several scenes like that, I felt a real sense of depression.

Heā€™s talking about HIMSELF and how the character he played affected him to the point of DEPRESSION. While you, and many viewers rave about his looks, and how well he played the character; you ALL forget heā€™s human and this low self esteem, strongly abusive roles can affect even the most strong person inside. Taking that into consideration he deserves many praises but I hope he rejects future roles like that bc it seems he identifies so much with his character it pains him physically and mentally, too.

1 Like

I donā€™t think even for a minute he regrets playing this character and I am the better for him playing it is all that Iā€™m saying. I donā€™t want to diminish his craft and what he has done. I understand what your saying though. But I hope that he takes on many more characters with such DEPTH

Method acting killed one of my favorite actors in my opinion - Heath Ledger (the Joker) - I donā€™t know if he is a Method actor but if they become their character it is very hard to FEEL those emotions

I donā€™t think even for a minute he regrets playing this character

Iā€™m not arguing here that he regrets playing the character; I am discussing with you that the role affected his emotions because of the severity of corporal and mental abuse that lately impregnates Asian dramas lately.

@kdrama
Method acting killed one of my favorite actors in my opinion - Heath Ledger (the Joker) - I donā€™t know if he is a Method actor but if they become their character it is very hard to FEEL those emotions

Funny you mention here HEATH LEDGER (REST IN PEACE) someone that suffered from depression and committed an accidental suicide overdose. PLAYING the JOKER most likely was the last straw that broke the camelā€™s back. That was the most horrible movie Iā€™ve seen and itā€™s so sad how media raves about HIS phenomenal acting; while who knows how much that role was the real cause of his much too soon death.

1 Like

I do believe it killed him. He locked himself in a room and BECAME the joker! He couldnā€™t get it out of his mind. I cried for DAYS when he died. I WILL NEVER watch the movie
RIP - Heath Ledger

A Knightā€™s Tale is my FAVORITE and I cannot even watch it! His voice! Aw, Now Iā€™m gonna cry over my Baby Babel and Heath Ledger! Tissues please

1 Like