Arabic Dramas

Dear All,

How do you think of bringing Arabic Dramas to the viki ?
will you like it ? and do you think there will be fans for arabic dramas?

Let me hear your opinion and your suggestion,

Regards.

3 Likes

ummmmmm
there are some pretty good Arabic Dramas in my opinion
but people here would expect kisses or even Bed seance
so i don’t think they will like it

Actually, there are a few Pakistani dramas on here and people seem to like them. There’s no kissing or anything. I’d go ahead, as long as it’s something you’re devoted too.

2 Likes

I think people interested in language learning would really appreciate it. It’s not easy finding Arabic material with subtitles.

4 Likes

hmmm maybe u r right, but not all the dramas here having even kissing scenes,
and i don’t think all the people looking at the dramas for kissing scenes.

2 Likes

No true, I know of some arabic dramas and turkish that are awesome in viki!

@Moaz Any good ones? I can translate from arabe to english :slight_smile: Well basic arabic

1 Like

That would be great ! why not ?

I don’t think people here expect kisses. If we would have expected, we would not have watched here k-dramas :slight_smile: We all know Korean dramas have some of the worst and emotionless kissing scenes that we’ve ever seen, because personal display of affection is uncommon in their culture. Still, we all enjoy K-dramas.

There are so many K-dramas that I really enjoyed (especial historical) and there was no kissing at all. I think it’s a bigger challenge for an actor to transmit feelings by his facial expressions than by kissing.

4 Likes

It would be great to have some of the classic arabic dramas…
For me I like the lebanese and syrian ones the most… those would be good!

But to be honest… I would love to see them licensed… not as fan channels…

I have one fan channel for a lebanese drama and one movie… no one was willing to help on it so far… or maybe just 1 person… so that is a delima…
The arabic community isn’t really big on Viki…

Same here with the Pakistani shows. There are a few, but it gets busy. I realized how small it is when I started my channel. I ended up doing 99% of the translating. Because of that, I now know how to segment well too. When I started, I hated segmenting because it was really hard for me. After a while, a few people helped but it’s still a struggle. If you’re dedicated and can take out time every day or so, you can do it. That’s how I did it. I’m not even subbing at the moment because it was so time consuming.

1 Like

So, any Arab shows here on Viki? I don’t really watch anything here. I watched 1 turkish show and tried another. They’re pretty long. I don’t watch anything licensed though. I’ve tried (American show) and the video kept buffering so I gave up.

I’ve never seen an Arabic drama, but why not? :smile:
Usually I watch on Viki Turkish, Korean and Chinese series.
Pity that many Turkish serials are not translated in English (yet).
If there are people who can translate from Arabic, than Viki can bring Arab dramas.

1 Like

I’d like to work on Egyptian dramas/movies to help people learning Egyptian Arabic. I prefer to work on the classics, like Ismail Yasin or something.

I know it will be a lot of work, so I’m currently learning how to segment. When that’s done and I’ve finished working on my current projects, I could then start working on something in Arabic.

1 Like

that would be so great, if it is a good material then why not! i would prefer to start with one drama, finish it completely, then if we found a good response then we can continue with something else. it is better to do it all together at first (i mean the arabic team), and we have to do good “marketing” lol … if we want to have more views … it is a big step but we really have to have a good material at first.

1 Like

i hope you are right
because i simply love Arabic Drama
and i would be happy to share it with the world

2 Likes

Well we tried bringing in turkey dramas awhile back but viki wouldn’t give us license and then people couldn’t find where to watch them. if we want arabic dramas we would need alot of help from the main channel stations like mbc, lbc, and a whole bunch more. and i know some countries won’t give licenses out to online sites.

1 Like

Would they allow it if their channels uploaded it online? I sub Pakistani shows and one of the channels uploads their shows, usually in HD now, so it’s easier. That would make it easier.

2 Likes

THATS AWESOME! I would love to see some of the shows i use to watch being able to be viewed on viki by others!

1 Like

You should try some Pakistani shows. They’re pretty short and really good. I’d be glad to recommend some.

2 Likes

Please do I would like to watch some! Thank You!