Are some shows still not geo restricted for qcs?

I am currently experiencing this issue,
Me and the other moderator can access the editor on a show(when logged in), and our subbers can’t and when I checked the show after I logged out it is showing that it is not available in my region and
Leave about country me and my co mod are living in the same state but for him it is available( when logged out).
Why is it like that?

1 Like

@irmar , @bozoli @dudie @leerla73 @cgwm808

@lutra @manganese @vivi_1485 @dimghro @lovemyself

@danylor @lazarini @jadecloud88 @kakashiandme
@amypun @piranna @bjohnsonwong @simi11

1 Like

So first, yes, there are still shows restricted that QCs or Gold QCs can access. I wrote restricted because it is not always or only about geo restriction, but content restriction.
More detailed information here.

You want to ask for a search or filter function, there is nothing like that.
Don’t know if this is enough information for you and will clear all you questions, but I tried.

3 Likes

Some shows which are geo-restricted even to QCs, might still be available for members of the team, so that the show gets segmented and translated more efficiently. And lately more and more so. But those licence details are clearly specified to the CM.

Are your subbers QCs and do they live in the same country as you?

3 Likes

My subbers R not qcs and we all live in same country but in different states. But both moderators are qcs

That is the difference. They probably need to be QCs.

1 Like

Yes, that’s why I asked are there shows that are still not geo restricted for qcs

There are in total 4 groups of shows:

1. Free for all
  2. Geo-restricted, but free for all QCs
  3. Geo-restricted, but free for QCs in the team only,
  4. Geo-restricted even if you are a QC and belong to the team.

Notice that you need to be a QC to get any special benefits. Otherwise people would officially join the team (but maybe not contribute at all) just to watch a series they wouldn’t normally have access to due to their location.

4 Likes

I got it, thanks a lot. I will contact the cm first.

1 Like

@manganese can you please tell me in which category love in time falls?

1 Like

Hi Padma,

As I’ve outlined in my message to you, I’ve written to Viki and asked if it is possible to give the whole Telugu team access to the drama.

I’ll be back in touch as soon as I hear back.
Manganese

2 Likes

Hi Padma,

I think your question was answered above thanks to the above contributors. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
Be heallthy!

2 Likes

Thank you @manganese

Thanks for responding @lazarini
I tagged the volunteers whom I know and those who are here for so long .

2 Likes

You’d better ask that in a private message. Viki doesn’t like this kind of information to be out in the open. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure thank you!

1 Like

Had the same problem, asked all volunteers if they can see it, when they were applying… It’s really weird.

2 Likes

Actually it is not a problem for languages crowded with people because most of the people are qcs and even some teams are full of gold qcs

It is only an issue with rare languages

2 Likes