Asians covering "our" music

Anything from ARO!

Yebit:

Singer Henri Lau & Actress Kim Go Eun!

A mix of Kpop and Western pop from NIDA:

2 Likes

Original German version

Mandarin version by Rainie Yang

I can’t tell if the lyrics are somewhat the same or different …

1 Like

Repost because the videos got deleted:
Les Misérables Korean style with the wonderful Michael Lee as Jean Valjean

Jung Yonghwa, - Always (Bon Jovi)

And one of my new favourite singers: 한지상 Han Ji Sang - Heaven on Their Minds (Jesus Christ Superstar)

Same song by Michael K. Lee (this time in English) He got a classic musical voice, timeless and melodious, but I liked Han Ji Sang’s irreverent passion more
3 Likes
2 Likes

According to the article below, the following song is a huge hit on Douyin (TikTok in Chinese) and is often used as background music. Chris James was also a co-songwriter for BTS’ Life goes on.

https://www.jetzt.de/digital/chris-james-not-angry-tiktok-douyin-challenge-china?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-de-DE

2 Likes

This is a really very nice cover, I like it much better and deeper than Gaga’s, I just listened to Gaga’s and it’s kinda more scream than sing… I’m very stunned that Kim Go Eun can sing so well!!

2 Likes

Until now, I only knew the German version…

1 Like

But you know that the original version is from a Filipino, it’s not a song that originated in the Western world it’s an Asian song.

3 Likes

I had no idea.

2 Likes

any MONSTA X covering English hits?

1 Like

If you know some, you can share them here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Another thread deprived of all its videos. This is ridiculous.

1 Like

I never quite got through this thread, looks like I missed a share, 'er since the videos are all gone :dash: puff!

1 Like

What happened? Are they removing videos from every thread that has them? Why?