Asians covering "our" music

It seems to have to do with Discussion’s latest update. All videos from before 2023 and some from early 2023 seem to be gone.

2 Likes

Wth is going on… is it Discourse or YT… so weird… strangely in other website you can find YT videos… I’m flabbergasted dumb as dumb gets, or perhaps it’s a glitch :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :cold_sweat: perhaps google just want money for sharing… every $$$$ hungry companies… they go bathing in :dollar: like Uncle Dagobert :rofl:

4 Likes
3 Likes

Japanese

Khmer

Thai

Vietnamese

Cantonese

Mandarin

Korean

2 Likes
3 Likes

The uncanniness in his voice, in the first video though :thought_balloon: . . . for Somewhere Over The Rainbow. :thought_balloon:

2 Likes
3 Likes

@mirjam_465,

1 Like

Oh, this thread appeared on my Discussions timeline, so I had to share. May I recommend literally anything by Forestella? Especially “Despacito”, but they’re great whatever song they perform.

Also, for any of my fellow Balkan residents, try “Molitva” covered by Edel Reinklang. They were really good!

1 Like

@mirjam_465 The KZ Royals video…
Wow, that was 5 minutes long powerhouse!! A difficult song I’d say!! I have not heard original too… I guess western music is popular in Asia :wink:

I think a Korean was singing that and it should be here as well. But post or share the titles you know :wink: It’s interesting how they sing the covers!
Here one for you :fireworks: they are really cool!

2 Likes

If you were talking about “Molitva” here, it’s by a singer called Marija Serifovic, if you want to listen to the original and compare and contrast. :smile: It was Serbia’s Eurovision song entry in 2007. Since then, it’s become pretty “legendary”, I’d say. It’s a really popular song in this area.

Ohhh, yes, 100% agree. I’ve listened to so many of their performances. They’re so good and they complement each other so well. They also did “Shape of You”, which I thought was phenomenal too. I used to play this song on repeat when it first came out, so this was a nice treat for me. Hahaha!

Shape of You - Forestella

I hope this is how you link something and that the link works. This is my first time trying to link something on “Discussions”. :joy:

2 Likes

But Go Eun-seong (고은성) really shines when he’s singinig in French. You can see he’s more invested in the interpretation because he knows the language well.

3 Likes
1 Like