Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

I fear I’ll never get the Devotee badge, I usually loose power for a day or more at least once per year, and in the rare year that I don’t, I’m sure I’ll probably just forget to look in on discussions one day or another even though it’s a habit to look in. sigh

5 Likes

One of the latest threads created in quiery of :rofl:

The answers are all in this thread about Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them? with lots of side conversations, which made it a hot, fun discussions thread, about the simpler things in life.

7 Likes

Unfinished Business @jadecloud88 :rofl::rofl:
https://discussions.viki.com/badges/35/crazy-in-love
With a play on the name of our volunteer team for Poong, poong 2, … I’m still here! on this thread, and the laughs are just as good as they were, back in 2021.

jadecloud88 You’ll need to do something like :blush: :point_down:t5:

And, look what I came across! :motorcycle::mountain::motorcycle::mountain::motorcycle: It reminds me of everyone trying to figure out the “reply to email” badge saga, and the wiki badge saga. :joy::joy: The uphill journey remains undefeated. Unlike the posted video below :blush: :point_down:t5:

4 Likes

:rofl: You’re right. I’ve actually forgotten all about it.:rofl:

Indeed an uphill journey. But, if this motorcyclist can “accomplish the near-impossible,” so can we! As captioned: This is real. There is NO WAY OUT!

Glad you’re still here having a laughingly good time. Keep on!:muscle:

I’ll try to “drop in” more often :joy::roll_eyes:

I’ll start getting “crazy” then :rofl::joy: “Crazy-in-love” I can be, but a “devotee”? Out of reach (for me) already. Maybe next year :roll_eyes:

Congrats, @my_happy_place :confetti_ball: That was quite a feat! :tropical_drink:

Everyone…
Have a Happy & Prosperous Lunar New Year of the Rabbit!
Be Healthy!
Be Happy!

:confetti_ball:::firecracker::fireworks::wine_glass::beers::rice::dumpling::firecracker::confetti_ball:

4 Likes

Same to you!

Those are some adorable rabbits.

3 Likes

With the latest updates, including an App now for discussions, that wish can be kissed goodbye! I can’t browse :disguised_face: incognito :disguised_face: anymore without looking through the whole thread. I now have to log in to go directly to the latest post on a thread. bummer!
Okay, I’ve regained my ability to view threads incognito (while logged out). The date of the latest post, once tapped, allows you to go directly to that post in that thread. Whew! that’s sorted.

There are more queries, and discoveries in the links below, about the discussions forum updates.

Screenshot_20230216-052519_Messages

2 Likes

I looove badges in any form… Today I became a Gold QC (started translating in december for fun and whilst waiting for ninja academy segmenting is still a dream) and I didn´t get a badge… I honestly wanted a bage as Viki tends to give them from time to time… I was surprised so more badges to the people… :wink:

2 Likes

Grattis!! :grinning:

1 Like

:heart:Tack så mycket! :heart:

1 Like

Wow. I get dizzy when I have to climb a ladder higher than my own head.

2 Likes

@vikicommunity,
Below are the discussion badges that are unattainable by users.

The disparity between users who are basic, member, regular, and leader is quite telling. How can basic users be encouraged to go on to be users who are members, users who are regular, and selected as users who are leaders?

1 Like

@my_happy_place,
Do tell! :laughing::smile::joy::joy::laughing::rofl: What’s the secret to aspiring. :wink:

1 Like

Perseverance? Having no life? :smile:

I didn’t set out specifically with the intention of earning that badge, but once I got far enough into the 365 days by pure chance, I made it a point to come every day. I actually thought I missed out on a day just days before reaching 365, though.

2 Likes

:thinking: Uhmmm. . . :thinking: . . . This seems to be a common factor, quoted by other achievers of the golden eye.
:yellow_heart: :eye: :yellow_heart: Got it! :smile:

1 Like

Uhmmm . … what were these badges about?

Bummer, I missed out, aww shucks! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It was for the badges to receive in your profile in 2021 for watching 1-2 Episodes of the said dramas.

2 Likes

Well, well, well. Who thought this topic would keep coming back to life like Gong Yoo’s character in Goblin?

Thanks to the ten Viki-ites who helped me earn “Nice Topic” five days ago when I posted “Pinch Me, I’m Dreaming.”

It’s kind of cute, like a little brown stylized soot demon from My Neighbor, Totoro.

If it gives me the ability to order imaginary sushi from Tokyo and have it air-shipped on the back of a white dragon on a bed of snow taken from Mt. Fuji, then it is probably the most valuable badge I have received.

Itadakemasu!

(Giphy)

P.S. I just read in an online article from the Guardian newspaper website that Giphy is losing popularity and is terribly Boomer and Gen X and Millennial.

Oh, goodness me. Whatever shall I do?

(Giphy)

5 Likes

A digital world without a gif would look kinda dry (there is still tenor) and what’s wrong with those said generations? New doesn’t mean better :joy:

2 Likes

(My meme, image from GreatBigCanvas website)

2 Likes

I’ve just got the ‘new user of the month’ badge along with @annieisntfamous ! Thanks all! I’m so grateful to have discovered this sweet community of drama lovers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :partying_face:

6 Likes