Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

Yes, you can retract it from a being a wiki image

but as @feyfayer found out if that was your first edit of a wiki to get the wiki editor badge, if you then remove it you also lose the wiki badge, it’s seem to know and keeps tabs which wiki it was and not just a case of give the badge out and that it, badge collected, done and dusted!

6 Likes

I wish I could remember. It was on DramaFever about the same time as Once Upon A Time In Saengchori . . . somewhere between 2010 and 2012.

Both dramas involved, as the English saying goes, the “city slickers” versus the “country bumpkins.” I’m thinking both were TvN. I just loved both.

3 Likes

:laughing::rofl::rofl: We button pushers might need to pause before pushing buttons now :laughing::rofl: the stakes are higher, at risk of life, and limbs.

4 Likes

This is for subber “zyxw” who wonders about the activity on a thread that appears to be very cut-and-dried but underneath is not . . .

This is a thread designed to lure the unwary into a life of utter silliness.

Since you have come into the strange soju-and-dried-squid tent that “Badges” has become . . . I think maybe I can get you on my sub-team.

I would contend that kielbasa and REAL sauerkraut can take on sundae and kimchi ANY day. Am I right?

Take a seat, have a snack!

6 Likes

LOL it was even a reply to you

use the search function - type - I am not that young
search this topic and a comment written by me, it should be there.

3 Likes

In the words of this link, you-know-youve-been-watching-too-many-kdramas-when?
When earning badges, gives you power to further explore said dramas. Annnd! There you have it! In a nut shell.

6 Likes

Yeah, push these buttons the wrong way and Sun Tzu will wake up and take over the whole thread . . . and all the etiquette mods will NOT know what to do . . .

(from Amazon)

Could be messy.

4 Likes

:laughing::rofl::joy: right! Nostalgia, this Go board setup, immediately reminds me of An Incomplete Life - Maesang

2 Likes

I saw An Incomplete Life when I was in the middle of the final collapse of my efforts to keep going in a horrible civil service job.

The only K-drama I’ve ever seen that made me more and more depressed the more i laughed.

3 Likes

Or, Ever Night, I’ve watched both, keeping fingers crossed for a third. What’s his name? Fu Zi must return from the heavens, there is so many loose ends to tie.
https://www.viki.com/tv/36178c-ever-night
Screenshot_20210608-023922
@feyfayer Thank you! :bowing_woman:t5:
Screenshot_20210608-024107
@piranna Thank you! :bowing_woman:t5:
https://www.viki.com/tv/36446c-ever-night-2

1 Like

( T_T)\(^-^ )

There is nothing ever wasted though, look what joy you’ve brought to many along the way :wink: I don’t adhere to a boxed existence, unless created by that individual. :wink::+1:t5::+1:t5:

2 Likes

Screenshot_20210607-175328_Chrome

Keeping @frustratedwriter company now :laughing:

7 Likes

Here’s everyone trying to break out of heart jail but you apparently kept digging tunnels into prison!

6 Likes

You crack me up :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I just got out of “love” jail! YAY!

And I am giving everyone lots of love! :sweat_smile:
If I missed you along the way… just holler!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I’m thinking more along the lines of those that do not have “any literal equivalence” and are also without “any plot/theme relevance.” I will try to find some examples…

I understand the concept. I’ve done several of those in my past life, errr, I mean, past work life.:sweat_smile:

I’m “addicted” to this “meal” and am already at 100.:rofl:

Indeed. Still, it could have been better… if there’s no “amnesia trope”:expressionless:

2 Likes

Clearly the reform system doesn’t work, no sooner have they taken one step out of jail and splat! splat! splat! Repeat offenders the lot of 'em…

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: You’re so right! In fact, I’m aiming for the “crazy one” now.:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Clearly, I’ve gone bonkers!:joy::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I sent an email to leerla73 in response to a “topic notification” and am quite serious as follows in the text I cut-and-pasted from the email, and I would love to know what folks think. . . .

Since I started the whole mess, I am going to suggest that the inmates continue to run the asylum by designing and promoting to the whole Viki-verse a set of badges that truly are communicative, loving, inclusive, and silly as all get-out.

This may require an “off-shoot topic,” but seriously, I am willing to “pony up” a certificate good toward a purchase on Etsy for the person chosen as having the “Viki-est” badges.

Obviously some very simple rules and standards need to be developed, but let’s go!

Edith aka MissWillowSmiles

On June 6, 2021 at 8:19 PM, 로베르타 리 알렉산더 via Viki Discussions <discussionsnotifications-donotreply@viki.com> wrote:

leerla73
June 7

Who knows
I’m here running around with fake badges
I think if we could russel up some real prizes like in the Amazing Race or at the betting office

Visit Topic to respond.

In Reply To

misswillowinlove
June 6

Should that badge be “Certifiable” . . . ?

2 Likes

I realized that my QUEST for all the BADGES - Leads me into the 7 DEADLY SINS - Gluttony, Pride, Greed, Sloth, Lust, Wrath and Envy - Which all seem to come from the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Movie -
Augustus Gloop - Gluttony -

Violet - You’re Turning Violet - Violet - Pride

Willy Wonka - WRATH - WHERE ARE MY DARN BADGES

Veruca Salt - I WANT IT NOW - GREED

Mike TV - Too Many Kdramas - Sloth

Charlie Bucket - Lust - OVER THAT DARN GOLDEN TICKET

Grandpa - Envy - I SO WANT THOSE DARN BADGES

My LIFE is a CHILDREN’S BOOK

4 Likes