Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

I wish I could remember. It was on DramaFever about the same time as Once Upon A Time In Saengchori . . . somewhere between 2010 and 2012.

Both dramas involved, as the English saying goes, the “city slickers” versus the “country bumpkins.” I’m thinking both were TvN. I just loved both.

3 Likes

:laughing::rofl::rofl: We button pushers might need to pause before pushing buttons now :laughing::rofl: the stakes are higher, at risk of life, and limbs.

4 Likes

This is for subber “zyxw” who wonders about the activity on a thread that appears to be very cut-and-dried but underneath is not . . .

This is a thread designed to lure the unwary into a life of utter silliness.

Since you have come into the strange soju-and-dried-squid tent that “Badges” has become . . . I think maybe I can get you on my sub-team.

I would contend that kielbasa and REAL sauerkraut can take on sundae and kimchi ANY day. Am I right?

Take a seat, have a snack!

6 Likes

LOL it was even a reply to you

use the search function - type - I am not that young
search this topic and a comment written by me, it should be there.

3 Likes

In the words of this link, you-know-youve-been-watching-too-many-kdramas-when?
When earning badges, gives you power to further explore said dramas. Annnd! There you have it! In a nut shell.

6 Likes

Yeah, push these buttons the wrong way and Sun Tzu will wake up and take over the whole thread . . . and all the etiquette mods will NOT know what to do . . .

(from Amazon)

Could be messy.

4 Likes

:laughing::rofl::joy: right! Nostalgia, this Go board setup, immediately reminds me of An Incomplete Life - Maesang

2 Likes

I saw An Incomplete Life when I was in the middle of the final collapse of my efforts to keep going in a horrible civil service job.

The only K-drama I’ve ever seen that made me more and more depressed the more i laughed.

3 Likes

Or, Ever Night, I’ve watched both, keeping fingers crossed for a third. What’s his name? Fu Zi must return from the heavens, there is so many loose ends to tie.
https://www.viki.com/tv/36178c-ever-night
Screenshot_20210608-023922
@feyfayer Thank you! :bowing_woman:t5:
Screenshot_20210608-024107
@piranna Thank you! :bowing_woman:t5:
https://www.viki.com/tv/36446c-ever-night-2

1 Like

( T_T)\(^-^ )

There is nothing ever wasted though, look what joy you’ve brought to many along the way :wink: I don’t adhere to a boxed existence, unless created by that individual. :wink::+1:t5::+1:t5:

2 Likes

Screenshot_20210607-175328_Chrome

Keeping @frustratedwriter company now :laughing:

7 Likes

Here’s everyone trying to break out of heart jail but you apparently kept digging tunnels into prison!

6 Likes

You crack me up :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I just got out of “love” jail! YAY!

And I am giving everyone lots of love! :sweat_smile:
If I missed you along the way… just holler!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I’m thinking more along the lines of those that do not have “any literal equivalence” and are also without “any plot/theme relevance.” I will try to find some examples…

I understand the concept. I’ve done several of those in my past life, errr, I mean, past work life.:sweat_smile:

I’m “addicted” to this “meal” and am already at 100.:rofl:

Indeed. Still, it could have been better… if there’s no “amnesia trope”:expressionless:

2 Likes

Clearly the reform system doesn’t work, no sooner have they taken one step out of jail and splat! splat! splat! Repeat offenders the lot of 'em…

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: You’re so right! In fact, I’m aiming for the “crazy one” now.:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Clearly, I’ve gone bonkers!:joy::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I sent an email to leerla73 in response to a “topic notification” and am quite serious as follows in the text I cut-and-pasted from the email, and I would love to know what folks think. . . .

Since I started the whole mess, I am going to suggest that the inmates continue to run the asylum by designing and promoting to the whole Viki-verse a set of badges that truly are communicative, loving, inclusive, and silly as all get-out.

This may require an “off-shoot topic,” but seriously, I am willing to “pony up” a certificate good toward a purchase on Etsy for the person chosen as having the “Viki-est” badges.

Obviously some very simple rules and standards need to be developed, but let’s go!

Edith aka MissWillowSmiles

On June 6, 2021 at 8:19 PM, 로베르타 리 알렉산더 via Viki Discussions <discussionsnotifications-donotreply@viki.com> wrote:

leerla73
June 7

Who knows
I’m here running around with fake badges
I think if we could russel up some real prizes like in the Amazing Race or at the betting office

Visit Topic to respond.

In Reply To

misswillowinlove
June 6

Should that badge be “Certifiable” . . . ?

2 Likes

I realized that my QUEST for all the BADGES - Leads me into the 7 DEADLY SINS - Gluttony, Pride, Greed, Sloth, Lust, Wrath and Envy - Which all seem to come from the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Movie -
Augustus Gloop - Gluttony -

Violet - You’re Turning Violet - Violet - Pride

Willy Wonka - WRATH - WHERE ARE MY DARN BADGES

Veruca Salt - I WANT IT NOW - GREED

Mike TV - Too Many Kdramas - Sloth

Charlie Bucket - Lust - OVER THAT DARN GOLDEN TICKET

Grandpa - Envy - I SO WANT THOSE DARN BADGES

My LIFE is a CHILDREN’S BOOK

4 Likes

It’s the Impossible Dream, possibly. . .
The Decoy badge, possibly. . .
I am not making any progress up here in the mountain.

Me on the safety ropes :point_left:t5::sob::rofl: on the left
This one is truly a lesser travelled path, :woman_shrugging:t5: yep! We need a :speaking_head: trailblazer! :speaking_head:

I’ve made this a Wiki, so please feel free to make edited suggestions (Regular Badge required)

kdrama2020ali - creeping

5 Likes