Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

Um - The WHOLE Leonardo on the door thing - see above references!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I just can’t get over it - no matter what the SCIENCE says!

And I have that “Leave No Hottie Behind” mentality
(I need this on a T-shirt)

2 Likes

Oh I see, so it wasn’t that Leonardo isn’t a Korean Hottie, otherwise I’d be really confused! :thinking::joy:

3 Likes

Yep - We will just leave it RIGHT there! :heart_eyes:

WOW - He was only 20 when he played JACK

2 Likes

Hey, it is a wonder that he (Jack) lived so long in water… I think by nature and in such icy water you don’t live that long except the “Ice Man” Wim Hof who trained for long to sustain in icy water etc.

2 Likes

I thought it was "Hotties, Women and Children first!"

3 Likes

I surrender!!!
I’m going to hang out in Hottie Posse :sob::heart_eyes:

Wouldn’t You think my Collections Complete - She’s Got Everything - But Who Cares No Big DEAL

I want MORE … I’ll be over there with the guys!!!

My kind of music, thank you for my good night song for today!

1 Like

Unless it’s a Chinese drama. :wink:

This is like DOTS: “We protect the elderly and the beauties.” :joy:

3 Likes

Or like in Dirty Dancing (I know a huge step, but we had the Titanic too, so …) I don’t know how it is in the original or in other languages in German it has:
Take care of the girls, all of them, even the ugly ones.
(It’s out of my memory, so it might not be 100% accurate, but almost)

Still not have watched DOTS, heard it is something like You Are My Hero the Chinese one, I watched that, so my urge to watch DOTS is still … Zero?

3 Likes

:joy::joy: This is just my opinion, but You Are My Hero is far better in terms of romance. DOTS’ comedy was great and production was prettier, but YAMH was 2x more heartwarming.
There was an earthquake relief scene in both… I liked the way more civilians were involved in YAMH and that scene inside was :heart_eyes::sob: but DOTS did better in terms of technical/adventure stuff related to rescue.

I liked DOTS’ second lead romance a LOT, can’t compare it to YAMH.

2 Likes

I have read about this guy, and his breathing techniques are actually helpful when people are under stress, need to calm down, want to relax and go to sleep . . .

The fact that anyone after the Titanic disaster lasted in the water I chalk up to divine intervention.

The fact that Jack lasted that long I chalk up to Hollywood’s ability to ignore the laws of physics.

3 Likes

So, wow. I could not get on the Discussion Board for so long (or so it seemed). I hope the Viki IT people are eating their weight in gimbap, Sichuan-style beef, shrimp tempura, apam balik, banh mi . . . because I cannot imagine the Hell of trying to fix whatever was wrong over a global system serving more than nine million people. They deserve all the praise and adulation they can get.

Viki subbers rock, but Viki IT rocks for sure.

I realized last night that, if I am ever going to do anything with my Viki addiction in terms of contributing to English-language subs, I prolly need to step away from running with the wild ones here and get focused on learning what it is I can actually do.

It is a dream come true for me to be able to communicate with smart, sassy people from all over the world about a form of entertainment that really does have such deep creative, literary, and cultural roots.

What I want to know now is, as I inch into the “Eng-lang pool,” expecting it to be icy at first, who would you recommend as the best person to pester with serious questions?

I am still working on an idea for a Viki Original. I continue to be amazed at the way subbers capture so much more than the obvious in DAYS, and I continue to weep buckets as Samchon continues to share his wisdom (and get handsomer by the minute) on AGD/BAM.

In my part of the world, the sun is definitely up, my cats are napping after breakfast, and I need to go to the store for flavored seltzer water.

Keep it real, and keep it rockin!

6 Likes

By the way @natyh . . . me gusta mucho qualquier tipo de café. En este momento, estoy usando esa cosa herética que la gente llama café “liofilizado.” Para mi hermana, la marca Bustelo es la perfección en una taza.

Mis sentimientos sobre Starbucks son ambivalentes. ¿Por qué necesitan agregar guaraná y ginseng al café?

(Giphy)

1 Like

The BEST/BEST coffee is PILON if you like coffee and have a chance to taste PILON please do. Is the only coffee I drink and pay whatever I have too, and when is on sale I get a years supply.

BUSTELO is way too strong, and don’t agree well with my stomach (puts me rushing in the bathroom: I simply hate that brand lol).

Posdata: ¿No es saludable beber Ginseng y Guaraná? Ambos ingredientes son medicinales. Así que, no veo por qué es malo agregar en el café de Starbucks.

One of the Sexiest Ways I think to make coffee is watching someone make “Drip” Coffee - Like they did on Coffee Prince!!! And the Lead in Love is Phantom makes some Sexy Coffeee.

Also the easiest Coffee to make is with a French Press - I personally do not drink coffee but I can be a pretty good BRISTA!!!

Sexy Coffee Prince BADGE

1 Like

I am not having the other crazy badges, but I got a new one too, totally stress- and heart-jail-free :wink:
Screenshot%20(672)

7 Likes

No es necesario realmente, mi papá a veces me envía uno especial (ellos viven en zona cafetera). Debe hacerse en prensa francesa, es realmente delicioso!
giphy%20(1)

4 Likes

Muchissimas gracias por la información. Entiendo que guarana y ginseng tienen propiedades saludables, pero con cafeína . . . Guau! ¡Demasiado!

(Giphy)

Y veo que Pilon es originalmente un producto de Cuba. Tengo muchos amigos Cubanos (en Florida). Tengo amor especial por puerco asado, moros y cristianos, y flan en estilo Cubano. Mmmmm.

3 Likes

Yes I ate from a Cuban restaurant in Florida and the food was to die for delicious. Expensive but worth it.

Caffeine helps my asthma attacks when I don’t have an inhaler on hand.

That thing has the ugliest eyes. I’ve seen in an animal. What is that animal called? Is it a bat? Can’t be lol

3 Likes

As „America runs on Dunkins coffee“ in Switzerland, I’d say every or every other household has coffee machines at home, there are many brands, but the one who started this trend is Nespresso.

Some machines are small and ideal for singles. The cheapest Nespresso goes for 75$ and other brands like 25 $ and you have to purchase coffee cartridges, of course they offer varieties of beans, strength and flavors. I don’t see anyone doing a dripping coffee anymore… it’s a lucrative business and most of the cartridges you can recycle :recycle:

1 Like