Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

Are the principles of drinking strong beverages and hot beverages at night the same in Korean traditional medicine the same as in Chinese tradtional medicine? I have a friend who is a nurse at a local hospital who was born and raised in Shanghai. She learned a lot from her mother’s mother about CTM.

Her rule is: if you have tummy troubles, plain congee, period, especially at night.

During the day, if you want to practice preventive medicine, then kombucha, kefir, homemade yogurt, fresh ginger, onion family things, garlic, red pepper flakes. Duck fat, butter, lard, tallow, liver, sourdough bread, bone broth, sauteed greens, organic bacon and eggs, seafood.

But at night, it’s congee for what ails, nothing else.

It’s the yin and yang thing, and when I remember that, I do fine.

3 Likes

This CTM makes perfect sense, the body rests during those hours. The less it has to process during those hours, synchronizes with the body’s rest period.

Haa-h! My limited knowledge of all things Korean, and Chinese is learned from watching too many dramas. Due to their history of being ruled by mainland China, I’d imagine it is similar, if not the same in practice. So I searched YT, and came up with this, about tea making, and drinking in S. Korea. :slight_smile:
I’d substitute the two kinds of sugars for honey :honey_pot: or even better, no sugar, or honey. This is healthier, but you may have to change the ratio of ginger, and cinnamon to taste

2 Likes

Half a gallon almost of what surely must be an excellent summer beverage. I have a big sun tea jar that might hold this recipe.

I think I would go light on the cinnamon. Otherwise I might need this badge . . .

(Giphy)

3 Likes

What I love is how the band members each have a look that sort of indicates what they do in the band, each in a different sexy disco way. The lead singer is slinky, the backup guitarist is low-key 80s metrosexual, the lead guitarist is ready to fend off babes who try to rush the stage (or jump on top of them), the drummer is focused and cheerful. Are they decadent rich boys playing at being working class, or are they working class boys playing at being rich and decadent?

2 Likes

Hahaha-ha! They are definitely, confidently gassed up about being where they are, whichever is their claim to fame.

1 Like

To @ninjas_with_onions, I am so sure you will soon be on this podium of gratitude :face_with_hand_over_mouth: in the meantime, to the cast, and crew, curators, script writers, directors, to the avid readers of this, and other threads, Thank You! I could not have done this without you! Please accept my bow of thanks.:bowing_woman:t5:
Screenshots_2021-06-19-14-18-50
Screenshots_2021-06-04-07-25-50
See you all at the after party!:champagne::clinking_glasses::confetti_ball::tada::partying_face::partying_face:
https://c.tenor.com/nBuf8Aav3o0AAAAM/confetti-kamala-harris.gif

5 Likes

:rofl: This is their nudge, “talk to each other now, go talk to other fans” :joy: just like they had to do, in the Stir Crazy cell. :smile:

3 Likes

@leerla73
What did you do that I got a notification with a “hand” symbol?

3 Likes

:woman_shrugging:t5: :rofl::rofl::joy: I just replied the below to padmalayag
I’ll say the same to you :joy:

:joy: I wish I knew, it seems veryyy pointy, whow! :rofl: I did not know that’s what an “invite” looks like on the receivers end. Pretty scarry looking, not at all like an invite :joy: bozoli called it poking, something FB use to do :joy: I’ve never had FB, so I had no idea :smile: it’s quite intimidating though, they need something like a :raising_hand_woman:t5:‍♀ don’t you think? :smile:

1 Like

I thought so, but wasn’t sure, at least it could tell what it is when hovering over it. Kind of or a page with all symbols explained.
I guess I will be off today, more or less. Today will be the first day temperatures will be below 30 °C - I feel a bit “meh” or just not well, that wasn’t my weather at all. Finally, this morning catching some fresh air, but sleeping was difficult, so some drowsiness is left.

2 Likes

Rest up then, as best you can, as health is wealth!
For me, resting means anything that takes me away, physically, and mentally from the issue at hand :blush:

1 Like

I NEED the better Communication BADGE because I have not had much to say lately on this one!

1 Like

Did you get this hand? If so, it means Discobot the Great and Mighty Badge God thinks you’re sweet.

Now, since it is hard to know how old Discobot is or Discobot’s sex and gender, it would be hard to know if you should say thank you and run away shrieking with glee to to share with your playmates . . .

Or if you should do a deep bow and trudge around offering some to your cranky imos and samchons, halmonis and harabojis while oma and apa give you the side eye because you forgot somebody . . . AGAIN!

3 Likes

Nooo! You don’t get a badge for that! Nooo! No badge for you!

:joy::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Why, Lee Da-Jung, it seems to be past your nap time!

4 Likes

2 Likes

I never got any :rofl::joy: and here I am, at the four letter word :joy: W* r*

No :stew: soup, no :sleeping: :zzz: sleep, I’ll have to pull on my courage like Oliver, and ask, more please!

2 Likes

Sorry, all your budae jjigae are belong to US! Right, @kdrama2020ali?

(From The Verge and Beyond Kimchee)

Nanny nanny boo boo!

2 Likes

Yummy you know that - it has SPAM in it!!!

YUM

Well if makgeolli is like kombucha so it’s a type of ferment similar to probiotics, like yogurt, kimchi each with different types of good gut bacteria.
Since you mention preventive medicine or home remedies have you looked into Fire Cider,

1 Like