Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

I saw a similar video about three years ago when I was going through a stressful time and got a lot of head colds. I bought 3 tiny bottles, 8 ounces for $15 US (and gave one to a Nepali friend). This brand is available at Wegmans stores in my area.

It made sense for me to buy it rather than make it. Getting fresh herbs and spices AND getting big jars AND buying a refrigerator large enough to store big jars . . . not happening anytime soon. I have one and a third bottles left, and they are sitting on a shelf in the door of my refrigerator. Fire cider does a great job of scaring away germs. Thank heaven I don’t need it often!

2 Likes

First of all this does not require any refrigeration,(it is not a fermentation but maceration) just leave in dark place or away from sun, I’ve been doing it for about 10 years. Seconds, that is the company in Massachusetts (the Pirate), these 3 young people took a common wording that existed and penned in books (likely before they were born) to “trademark” FIRE CIDER. This was a big blow to the herbalist community who made and sold their fire cider and shared recipes without any boundaries. Herbalists who sold Fire Cider on Etsy and else for over a decade were one day prohibited to sell it under Fire Cider. They demanded 100K $ from 3 herbalist as restitution. - These people were very nasty. After 5year long lawsuit to withdraw the trademark (instead voluntarily), the judge in Boston had the trademark cancelled.

• Such small quantity they sell is overpriced.

You can use jars from for exemple pickles so you don’t need to buy a jar, otherwise thrift stores sell jars and walmart too, very cheap. The ingredients will cost you def. less for what you spend on the small quantity of the Sherman Herbals. If you have a food processor just used that. I used to make a gallon and share it with family and friends.

It’s a immunity booster one can take on a regular basis all year, I didn’t want post more informative links as not to clutter this page, since the topic is about badges.

3 Likes

I hear you loud and clear. At this point, however, I truly have no kitchen space for other than small bottles of things.

I have a couple of friends who are supposed to help me knock down walls and put up walls and give me more floor space and shelf space, but that probably won’t happen until late summer.

I probably can get the ingrediens at my local Wegmans store. Something to do when it’s time–again-- to prepare for winter.

2 Likes

No problem there, we’ll just make a Fire Cider Badge
:name_badge: :sparkles::wink::+1:t5: and keep it in the family :joy: @vivi_1485, your skills please :raising_hand_woman:t5:‍♀ :joy:

3 Likes

@vivi_1485 should be the first one to get the FC badge. She’s an educator, she is passionate about what she believes in, and she supports wildcrafting and herbal alternatives to Big Pharma with firm politeness.

She should also get the “Wears K-drama tropes well” badge.

(Giphy)

3 Likes

Trying to :heart::heart::heart: the Hotties and Badges. Just got this:

(made with Gimp)

My timing is getting better. Or Discobot has a crush on the Bionic Man and is distracted.

I am going to give myself the FC badge just because.

https://media.giphy.com/media/lOIsrdAC5T5Zc8oMAw/giphy.gif

3 Likes

@vivi_1485, @entwyfhasbeenfound thinks “see above quote”. :laughing: When did you start making Fire Cider? I started making FC many moons ago and had a FB group page Fire Cider Making and encouraged folks to make it and answered questions etc.

I was also a member of the New Hampshire Herbal Network and I still make my own tonics, tinctures, salves, creams and chapsticks and grow herbs. :yin_yang: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Do you also make home remedies and what kind?

About the KTM and/or TCM, the thing is that there isn’t equal availability of certain herbs or plants in the West as it grows only in certain regions. I have many books incl. 2 from my herbalist friend Maria who authored them.

3 Likes

I have no idea what @entwyfhasbeenfound meant! It was the first time I had ever heard of fire cider and I had to google it when she said I should be the first one to receive it :joy:

I’m just honored to be accepted as the humble maknae of this group of witty, hilarious sunbaes on Discussions. :sweat_smile: I am not really an educator, I just like sharing what I know. And don’t make me google “wildcrafting” and “Big Pharma” when I’m supposed to be paying attention in class :joy:

Okay, my curious self googled it and I have to laugh at the use of words. I come from a place where you consult a doctor only when all the herbal/traditional medicine isn’t working and you’re still in bed after a week :joy: Almost every fever/cold condition is cured after my grandma marches out to her garden, plucks a few leaves, crushes them, mixes them with honey and other stuff and shoves it down my throat.

I do, however, accept the “Wears K-drama Tropes Well” badge with a 90 degree bow and heartfelt thanks :sweat_smile::joy:

5 Likes

I’m still lurking around! No badges just lurking! Is there a lurking badge??? hum?

6 Likes

This will not last but remember when I said I was Competitive I was determined to be #1 for the year and unseat @frustratedwriter it just flipped over!!!

It won’t last - but NOW I can live my life! bahahahahahahahahaha!

You guys started this when I found the little stats button!

5 Likes

I think we all need this one :joy:

7 Likes

I can bow OUT now!!! Tag Your IT!

5 Likes

So we have something in common, I’m not much of a fan of doctors and hospitals since ever. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yep! :joy: I second that, and if you see my :orange_heart: heart, :joy: I literally did second it! :joy:

As per usual, :zap: kdrama2020ali :zap: Flash Gordened it! :zap: :joy:

3 Likes

Yes there are some, just not here :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

OH NO SHE DIDN’T

https://media0.giphy.com/media/HTjcWZwMtHpyhuCGKZ/giphy-downsized-large.gif
giphy

7 Likes

Funny how you’re a role model if you use up all your likes continuously, but the reason there’s a limit is because people do likes-farming or whatever :joy:

7 Likes

Heart Jail Yet AGAIN!

1 Like

Oh look! I got one more badge that totally lifted my spirits and made me want to work harder. :flushed::sob::sob: ONLY a hundred thousand more, yes. The goal is in sight.

CAN VIKI PLEASE STOP MOCKING ME?

As an English Editor, I’m also offended at the “A English Badge” but I will let that go :joy:

7 Likes

ONLY 100000 until your next badge??

3 Likes