Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

Baby Bird says HoppyAnniversary!

Pinterest

4 Likes

It’s not the month you joined Viki but the discussions forum.

4 Likes

@lutra, we must forthwith depose Discobot as the awarder of any badges whatsoever and put you in his/her/its place. I hereby submit a better and much more appropriate badge to issue for Viki anniversaries. Waffles, real or virtural, are better in my book than cake. And Tom Hanks, playing a larcenous but extremely educated professor with a large vocabulary and precise speech, seems a fitting emblem.

(Giphy)

2 Likes

Tenor

2 Likes

I got one too! I didn’t realize I have been on here for so long!!!

5 Likes

I am still waiting for a gifted gif creator bringing me the waffle guy from Coffee Prince played by Kim Jae Wook, that would be my badge of honor for my 5th anniversary badge, although not in succession.
And thanks for the flowers, I would take that job if it could feed me.

4 Likes

The Waffle Guy

kim%20jae%20wook%20waffle%20guy

He’s another one that’s mine! But you can borrow him for a sec! bahahahaha! I waited and waited for him to come on screen in Coffee Prince! And that black nail polish…

Tenor

3 Likes

Where were you in 2007 when it came out, you might want to claim him but, I bet there are thousands doing the same.
I will say he is my dongseng and needs to be protected. So, don’t do any strange things. This noona is watching out for him!

5 Likes

Me Too! I have his back badge:purple_heart:

If he would just do more, ML roles like Her Private Life - He is so quiet lately hope to see him back soon! I wonder if he is off playing guitar and singing in his band - maybe! Or just chilling! I know he bought a new house…

unbotheredunnies

pinterest

2 Likes

I have always wanted to try this . . .

1 Like

Omo! BBF plus CBF (Cheekbone factor). Very rare combo.

Pick whatever badge you like, but clearly you have earned the badge that is more rare than the email badge. It is the “I spy with my little eye” badge.

You could also prolly qualify for a Korean army sharpshooter badge without having to do any work.

“Hello, boys. The President of Korea says I can have the Quonset hut next to yours. I’m gong to take a nap. When you’ve finished unpacking my luggage and made me afternoon tea and gathered enough of the in-uniform hotties to sing me ‘Arirang’ acapella, wake me up, OK?”

(Pinterest)

1 Like

This is a really well-done video about an acapella group that has been the symbol of Kings College at Cambridge University since the 50s or 50s.

For me, this eliminates the need to explain in agonizing detail: “What’s the bid deal with getting subs done ‘right’?” When an excellent video . . . that tells a fascinating story . . . and has excellent music . . . has clean, simple, minimally invasive subs appropriate to the genre, the mood, and the characters, it’s a joy to participate in and a joy to experience.

Anybody who would say, “I still don’t get it” after watching this . . . never will.

2 Likes

I love it a BBF and a CBF card to throw down! 감사합니다 Gamsahabnida

Out of hearts and I just woke up! :woman_shrugging:

A little Annie Oakley in purple!!! :purple_heart:

1 Like

(◠‿◕)
It comes with the territory of :tiger: tiggers, protect your :purple_heart: hearts :purple_heart: (。:heart::heart:。)

3 Likes

Just stopping by! What Up???

Scratch

1 Like

Aren’t you being just a little “cocky”?

(Giphy)

2 Likes

So, fellow Badgers, here is a challenge.

Write a very flowery, Latinate imaginary and imaginative subtitle in English, just one sentence’s worth, and post it. The challenge is to reduce the Latinate and multisyllabic complexity to very essential Anglo-Saxon monosyllabic simplicity.

So, reduce it.

No weird word order, no complex verb tenses, no dependent clauses, no adverbs, no rhetorical questions, and whoever posts the first simplification sets the standard for name spellings.

Then tag someone to see if they can do better.

No replies to replies. After the challenge runs for a couple of days, I will say, “OK, time to award badges for excellent work!” And then badges of an inventive kind can be awarded to the three best “simple subs” for inventive reasons.

Chaos is encouraged.

(Giphy)

2 Likes

Gfycat

gfycat

alpha chi omega

My naturally reddish blonde but now purple haired girl will have to think on this for a LONG moment! When I’m awake!!! hahahahahaha

@entwyfhasbeenfound

2 Likes

could you give us an example to start us off?

:joy::joy:
All jokes aside, I’ve been studying genetics at junior college and I found out the origin of the blonde jokes… There’s a genetic mutation disease called Phenylketonuria(PKU) that causes mild to severe mental retardation… another of it’s effects is that the person affected has fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes.

2 Likes

I find myself frequently drawn to, even passionately attached to those art forms considered primarily if not completely literary in origin (thought they may be adapted for visual or aural purposes), particularly those modern cinematographic forms known as the vlog and the video which promote international concepts of culture and history that are not normally enjoyed by individuals of my background, education, and experience but which nevertheless embody and echo my own human experience (even though those forms showcase languages not my own and experiences not my own, to wit, Asian television series and movies).

Ahem.

I like Asian dramas.

@kdrama2020ali, you know how to cut to the chase when commenting on Asian dramas, so why don’t you give radical editing a shot?

Unless you are scheduled to go out for some “hottie spotting.”

(Giphy)

1 Like