Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

LOL for me, Discobot is that friendly yet weird “guy”, who taught me this and that at Discussions. If you ask about the “your answer needs 10 digits”, “give others a chance to tell their opinion”, or “this post is already dormant for 10 months or so, are you sure you want to revive it?”
This one is not Discobot, but “you know who” - in K drama it is usually the guy who grows up with just one parent, who never has as good grades like f.e. Discobot had, or he didn’t get the girl he wanted. Discobot might have neither, but I am sure this other guy, let’s call him Discobrat for now, thinks this way, because she smiled at Discobot once at least … So Discobrat is just a weird case of jealousy, not able to interact nicely, or socialize with others the right way. Yeah, yeah, what to say, Discobrat is doomed for life.

P.S. If anyone is wondering about that weird post asking for phone numbers, it got deleted, guess by whom?

5 Likes

1 Like

:pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive:
This happened, and its not the first time. Why is this happening?!! I have been dethroned from my coveted 2nd place, Jun 5th, awarded Originally!
Screenshot_20210902-105117_Chrome
https://discussions.viki.com/t/badges-who-thought-they-were-a-good-idea-and-where-do-you-go-to-earn-some-of-them/38213/260?u=leerla73
Screenshot_20210902-115920_Chrome
Yes, this has definitely happened before:worried::pleading_face::frowning:
https://discussions.viki.com/t/badges-who-thought-they-were-a-good-idea-and-where-do-you-go-to-earn-some-of-them/38213/283?u=leerla73

1 Like

And if you deleted your first one and do another Wiki Edit, you will get the first badge again, since, it doesn’t keep a history it only counts active Wiki Edits. So there you are again, and like we said with losing the Regular status you will lose the ability to create a Wiki Edit.

3 Likes

But, I did not delete the first wiki. :pleading_face: In fact, I had about two or so wikis to begin with, and created others since June 5th. Only staff can delete, other than the original poster

You’re probably getting it mixed up with having the wiki badge disappearing altogether. The comment I made about the time travel bit was to do with how old the post is you turn into a wiki. I think at the time I observed KdramaAli had somehow edited 29 days (29d) prior despite having gained the wiki badge a day after Feyfayer who turned a post to a wiki on the same day. (1d)

EDIT: I noticed that the ability to un-wiki my very first wiki seems to have disappeared. So does that mean I’m a little safer from losing the Wiki badge? With the spanner now turned into a bin to delete the post altogether and thus losing the wiki badge? I 'm not willing to find out! :joy:

2 Likes

Guys! Look what I got! Am I the only one???

I just finished a 2pm ONline LIVE Concert Fan Meeting it was so good - and then I saw this!!! I’m so tired I have been up since 3:30 am - back to bed.

https://c.tenor.com/SOwwQeJL1qAAAAAC/angry-birds.gif

6 Likes

There on the picture it says “Others with this badge (1)” and when you click on it, you will get to see that it is irmar, who is the other badge owner.

5 Likes

How was the fan meet??!! Excited to hear your experience! You can reply in the Segue Cafe^^

1 Like

Oh good I’m not the only one but it is COOL just popped up! I was up at 3:30 am to 7 am so I was too tried to click on that other button…hahahahaha!

1 Like

Admired by who, exactly? And why?

"Did the police just take another bag lady into custody?"

(Soompi)

"We need security to step it up so freeloaders don’t show up at our events."

(Kjta Musings)

There’s always that one insane fan who wants my lapel as a souvenir . . . "

(Dramabeans)

**"It’s always the innocent-looking ones who cause the most trouble . . . **

(Korean Drama Fashion)

Innocent or evil? History will be the judge . . .

(Startpage screen cap)

3 Likes

OK . . . where am I supposed to go and what am I supposed to do to get an “Advanced” badge? I am such a newb.

The oldest maknae on Viki is about to throw a fit. It is SO not obvious to me . . .

(Giphy)

4 Likes
🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🤩 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳

:star_struck: :partying_face: 축하 해요! Congratulations!! 축하합니다! :star_struck: :partying_face:
:crown: @irmar :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::star_struck::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:@kdrama2020ali :trophy:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Actually by you, and I, and all fans, those of us in the Viki-verse who he :purple_heart: rted a post!
:heart_eyes: Those photos misswillowinlove were mint! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

If you’re talking about the advanced user badge, you start a private message with the bot and then type this as the first message (without the space between the @ and the bot’s name, of course):

@ discobot start advanced user

The bot should take it from there.

3 Likes

Hmmmm . . . No wonder, too busy throwing fits!
Go to your messages, and summon @ discobot

First things first, start with number one, then do number two.

1. @ discobot start new user
  1. @ discobot start advanced user

1 Like

Thanks. I now have such a headache and a mental block about Viki’s fussy overlord that I keep forgetting the simplest things.

I’m not a Koreaboo; I’m a K-bot-screw-you.

@discobot start advanced user

1 Like

You need to write a PM to - discobot

You can send whatever, and he will tell you how to go on, since it doesn’t look like you did the new user trial, I think you need to do this first.

2 Likes

Please try to hold it in, :face_with_hand_over_mouth::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::face_with_hand_over_mouth: you’ll be spending some, quantity, and quality time with the overlord himself. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::smile::laughing::joy::sob::rofl:

2 Likes

Ah, okay. Cloak and dagger stuff, eh? Secret meetings with code words. I will become . . .

Madame Oo who lurks in the dark. Sort of like one of my mostly black cats “hiding” in the middle of the floor at 3:00 a.m. . . .

(Wikipedia)

3 Likes

That’s why I said there is discobot the one with the weird humor but offering a helping hand, the shy one and there is the cousin discobrat, who puts people in heart jail, is calling them off, when they seem to write too much and so on …

3 Likes