Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

So when do I know that I’ve finished Viki advanced user cram school and get to go home . . .

In the dark . . .

With either Hyun Bin in the person of a NK policeman trailing me . . .
Or Namgoong Min . . .
Or that guy who plays the prince in The Emperor’s Coroner?

3 Likes

The bot will award you a really lovely certificate of completion that you can frame and display on your office wall.

3 Likes

Oh, dear. If that’s how I know I can stop, I’m in trouble . . .

(Giphy)

3 Likes

I started to give that post a heart, but that seemed too painful to ‘like’.

When I first did the ‘new user’ tutorial, my progress came to a halt when I inadvertently used one of the bot’s ‘trigger’ words that summons it for help, so we got sidetracked and couldn’t get back to the tutorial, so I had to start over. Maybe you have encountered something similar? I don’t remember it being all that complicated or lengthy to achieve graduation.

2 Likes

@entwyfhasbeenfound If you go to ninjas with onions comment, you can see in the next comments all that we were doing to get those two badges plus the certificates.

P.S. If anyone has an explanation to why the word certificates suddenly is wrapped in yellow, I am all ears, or eyes …

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’ve done that. I’m that kid (and I was indeed that kid) who disrupted class with seemingly irrelevant questions and got constantly warned about talking in class, wandering in the halls, taking too long in the lunch room . . .

2 Likes

I counted the tutorial and there are approx 20 interactions to get to the certificate.

1 Like

LOL Just do it, don’t get distracted then it will not take that long, if I could do it, and it is not my native language, you should easily be able to.

2 Likes

The essence of my personality and skill set IS distractability. I’m very visual (ironic considering how bad my eyesight is), dyslexic, someone one who is a strong conceptualizer and not a strong actualizer.

(Giphy)

2 Likes

Please restrain me with chains. The big “D” asked me to like its message and I did and got:

So now I have a message asking if I forgot to like D’s message.

https://media.giphy.com/media/11tTNkNy1SdXGg/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jeia2714qz191ylqukeky4yu0m11ufvbwk047efe&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

(Giphy)

There are distractions that I do not create . . . it’s dinner time anyway where I am. So, in two hours, I’ll be going mano a mano with Discobot once more . . .

4 Likes

@entwyfhasbeenfound
LOL I could give you some I have at least 40 leftover :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :orange_heart:

1 Like

Screenshot_20210730-145031_Messages

OK. I’m now certifiable.

(Viki screen cap–I was allowed to “skip” hearting)

5 Likes

Now for another cup of iced coffee!

4 Likes

Just think, you’ve been operating all this time without your certification. Do you feel much more official, now? :wink::joy: I like to think that I can flash those babies at discobot whenever it tries to discipline me, but it fails to get me my hearts back when I run out. :broken_heart:

2 Likes

Miss Willow notes that “D’s” signature looks suspiciously like that of a certain 16th-century English playwright to whom certain nameless persons seem to like to compare themselves too, too frequently.

Logic would seem to dictate that the true identity of D is a certain person whose predilection for onion-flavored crisps and sweet potato soju is all too well-known . . .

One’s soul must cry, “Out, out blamed sot! Methinks thou doth invest too much . . . in lottery tickets, office furniture, and–will you, nill you–in schemes unthinkable and full of gory detail.”

Miss Willow, not to put too fine a point on it, suspects irrational behavior and mysterious doings to distract from . . . embezzlement!

(Giphy)

2 Likes

:open_mouth: Are you just gonna take that?! @ninjas_with_onions :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Secretly choping onions behind you? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

:astonished: That’s a serious offense! :lying_face::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

“Miss Willow apparently hated having to go to the refresher computer course that we all had to take,” said @leerla73 while she and Niles (an ancient aboriginal Australian mythical talking koala) sat in the park, eating an improvised picnic and brainstorming ideas for Kami-Sama Kickass, the brainchild of Badger Productions’ brilliant but erratic owner/operator, Onion-Sama-PD-nim. “She’s been muttering all morning about how mean the boss was to require everyone to take it.”

Niles dipped a Marmite Bikky Stik into a tub of his favorite eucalyptus pesto as he scribbled out and re-wrote and circled items on a notepad.

(Brain Pickings)

“That’s a polite way to describe her wack-a-doodle nonsense. I don’t know what it is that makes EVERYBODY in the entertainment world think that they have to drag Shakespeare into every daffy experience they have.”

Just at that moment, OSPD-nim bustled past them, talking on his phone and licking his fingers. He nodded in the picknickers’ direction and kept moving and talking. “Yeah, mate, new shop. They serve sparrow pie. Just like me old mum used to make.”

https://www.englandcast.com/2018/03/10-foods-from-shakespeares-plays-that-shakespeare-probably-ate-himself/

@leerla73 looked puzzled. “What was that?”

Niles put on a pair of neon-green bifocals and peered over the top of them.

https://www.zennioptical.com/p/acetate-plastic-square-eyeglass-frames/1022?skuId=102224

“I didn’t say Miss Willow was wrong. Nutty as a fruitcake, to use an old expression, but correct about that cheerful idiot.”

“But what does Shakespeare have to do with anything? He’s been blamed for every theatrical weirdness since the first performance of . . . you know, THAT play.”

“In this case,” said Niles, “the Bard has quite a lot to do with it.” With one claw delicately pointed, he sketched a glowing family tree in the air. At the top was the visage of the most famous English playwright of all time. Many levels and layers lower down, Miss Willow and OSPD-nim appeared as Cartoon Network caricatures.

(PBS)

@leerla gasped. “You mean . . . you mean . . .”

Niles nodded. “I do mean. Our two office certifiables are forty-forth cousins descending directly from the Bard.”

“But how is that possible? I’ve never heard of this.”

“Are you doubting the word of a completely imaginary creature whose primary function is to provide slapstick comedy relief that explains things nobody wants to know? That’s not how the trope works.”

(eBay)

“Sorry,” said @leerla73. “Let me start over.” She cleared her throat.

“Ahem. ‘That explains everything that’s been going on.’ Ahem. ‘Especially their mutual love of weird food.’ Something like that, Niles?”

“Precisely. More green tea for you, dear?”

“Why, yes, thank you.”

(Comic Art Fans)

2 Likes

Screenshot_20210901-113635_Messages
:joy::sob::rofl: I’m floored :joy::joy::joy::sob::rofl: so fun!
20210705_001631

Haha, you are now the second person that uses the word “overlord”. My friend @deadliftdiva_548 is the first one that used it for Viki. This is so funny, I always imagine some sort of historical figures :laughing::rofl:

3 Likes