Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

Screenshot_20220211-105325~2

I have reached a more reliable trust level. :rofl: After all this time. Lol

7 Likes

잘 했어! :clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5: Congrats! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: 축하 해요!!

Next stop! (*❛‿❛)→ Regular!

4 Likes

Thank you! :star_struck::hugs:

I better be in the discussions once every hour to upgrade then, lol :joy:

4 Likes

Screenshot_20220212-011004~2

Well okay, I got upgraded so fast. Lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m going to go search for this private lounge ppl were talking about. Sounds like a secret virtual society. :laughing:

10 Likes

Ha!Ha! @midknightmoodz, I guess you already did the time, so you quickly flipped to Regular like most of us who are Regular, Nice!
축하합니다!! :partying_face::partying_face::clap:t5::clap:t5::partying_face::partying_face:

The lounge got quickly taken down, it seemed to have just been taking up space, way before this thread came along, and us posters were ready to hang out in it :rofl:

5 Likes

The discussion board has become one of my fav. forums. It’s nice to have a place to share my drama ramblings with like minded people. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Same :blush::relaxed::blush:
Screenshot_20210817-220128_Messages

5 Likes

lol GOOD LUCK finding it :clown_face::joy::joy: I’ve been a VIP for months and that elusive private lounge is still hiding from me :skull:

7 Likes

aww this is one of my favorite corners of the world wide web too :heart:

5 Likes

@vivi_1485
Are you serious?
I used that private lounge option twice already.

4 Likes

@vivi_1485 I don’t think I see it anywhere. It didn’t seem like anything changed with the membership upgrade lol

6 Likes

It’s just that you can’t see, regulars have some extra access, that other trust level users doesn’t have.
I don’t think, I should just put up everything publicly, but I know some of them.

5 Likes

ರ╭╮ರ There were quite a few Viki site, and mobile updates in 2021, many fans were unable to remain logged in, on the discussion threads. ತ_ತ Is this held against the count towards the devotee annual badge?

1 Like

Okay, I got the Anniversary Badge, along with a bevy of fellow fans, you can view in link.

Does that mean the Devotee :eye: Badge is in the mail?
Screenshot_20220217-151311_Chrome

Patiently Waiting.
https://c.tenor.com/TCr4VXmpJtUAAAAM/quarantine-got-me-like-bored.gif

The below picture, are reasons fans should be excepted :nerd_face: These :face_with_head_bandage: four updates below, interrupted our year long journey. :eye::1st_place_medal::yellow_heart::trophy:
Screenshot_20220308-113214_Chrome
@giant_sean, @vikicommunity :woman_shrugging:t5:
https://media3.giphy.com/media/X4YqmJEl6wJoY/200.gif

4 Likes

Not necessarily. The anniversary badge only needs 1 post in the entire year, a very low bar, whereas the devotee requires 365 consecutive days visits. As you mentioned in your previous post, are Discussions outages held against people who couldn’t log in to register that they had visited consecutively up until then (most probably).

I’ve noticed I’ve lost Regular status and reverted to Member status myself. Probably didn’t do some of the 25% activity within 100 days requirements since I fell down the YouTube and social media Dopamine inducing rabbit hole and my attention span has dropped dramatically, heck, even 15 min YT vids are too long much less 16+ hour dramas! :expressionless::hourglass_flowing_sand::stopwatch:

6 Likes

Screenshot_20210817-220157_Messages

Screenshot_20210912-113802_Messages

Looks like we’ll have to start kindergarten for adults, as they’ll be starting all over again . . .
https://youtu.be/ZBvdhODRNHI

2 Likes

So, we learn once again that Viki’s @discobot algorithm does not have a sense of irony, humor, or sarcasm. I noted that quite a number of the volunteer community got the same badge for the same topic: Should viki’s paid subbers be overwriting volunteers.

The volunteer community may be moving a conversation or discussion forward, but what will the result be in terms of Viki supporting and trusting the community it claims to cherish?

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ll2fajzk9DgaY/giphy-downsized.gif

(Giphy)

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

@discobot display help

1 Like

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like