Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

@discobot fortune

2 Likes

:crystal_ball: Yes definitely

1 Like

@discobot pay every volunteer subber and segmenter $400,000 in Bitcoin

4 Likes

(Giphy)

3 Likes

Send mines to my PayPal :rofl::rofl::joy::rofl::rofl::joy::joy:

Or
I should open one of these accounts, Sellfy Stores, at $500 per 40 persons, $20,000.00 is quite a summer haul. You’ve got to respect the hustle. :blush:

2 Likes

With all the typos and the inability for me to tell if the Traveler Academy is about travel, about virtual travel, or about life coaching, it makes me think the Korean paid subber (KPS) who keeps overwriting volunteer subs has a side job to pay for treating his/her office mates to grilled pork belly and soju.

I’m not supposed to be drinking any alcohol because it can cause atrial fibrillation, but if the KPS wanted to treat me to pork belly and a bottle of sweet potato soju, I would have no problem accepting it.

(Giphy)

(Giphy)

3 Likes

Screenshot_20220609-081822_Chrome
Just got my second anniversary badge :sweat_smile::blush:

6 Likes

@vivi_1485 . . . Enthusiasm, a delightful sense of humor, and a willingness to let others worship at the Altar of Dimples without any kimchi slapping . . . these are just three reasons Viki certainly cannot do without you. Kind of a puny badge, tho.

This is my idea of an anniversary badge. Served in a box . . .

(Giphy)

Served by attentive waiters who have discriminating taste . . .

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::sob::rofl:

3 Likes

I see that you are trying to hold it in. Typical Korean stoicism. Shouldn’t there be a closeup of just one eye, lashes coated with . . .

https://www.amazon.com/VUE-PULANG-Catching-Mascara-Long/dp/B07M9V21SP/?tag=tsr-makeuppro-20

And on just one lash, a dewy, small tear . . .

(Ehudlaniado jewelry website)

And then, just the corner of a perfectly primed and glossed mouth rising a nano-fraction of an inch in the saddest of smiles . . .

(Style Craze)

I know it’s hard when Discofart hands out badges that were obvs designed by intelligent hamsters, but we must all bear our loads in life with determination.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xThta44bz37jXKSU4o/giphy-downsized.gif
(Giphy)

4 Likes

Stoicism, and determination :thought_balloon: :thinking::thought_balloon:

:wink: Need I say more. . . . :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Awww thank you for the kind words :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

According to Viki, I am a Respected Empathetic who Gives Back :sweat_smile::v:

Screenshot_20220611-160530_Samsung%20Internet

2 Likes

¡Si, primo, absolutamente! Felicidades. Se le ha dado una insignia que es realmente significativa, apropiada y precisa. Sin embargo, la insignia en sí misma sigue siendo bastante cutre.

Yes, cousin, absolutely! Congratulations. You have been given a badge that is truly meaningful, appropriate and accurate. However, the badge itself is still pretty crappy.

(Western literary conventions include indicating foreign languages in italics when written in a text. But in this situation, which is the foreign language?)

Hmmm.

As for an appropriate badge:

(Pixabay)

It seems somehow so . . . Romanian.

3 Likes

I will take the medallion instead. Thank you. :heart:

1 Like

I will never be out of love for any of you :heart:

Screenshot_20220613-171431_Samsung%20Internet

6 Likes

@adrianmorales,
Gold! :yellow_heart: :blush: :1st_place_medal:
Screenshot_20220613-164525_Messages

3 Likes

@leerla73 you are now promoted from Bad-Ass Boss Lady to Viki Badge Designer. No rest for you.

And also, when members of the Viki-verse get some real respect, time to say, “About time!”

2 Likes

Don’t know where else to be grumpy about Disco-snot’s constant micromanagement of supposedly vetted and trusted segmenters and subbers.

Artificial intelligence is rarely, if ever, intelligence.

This the first time I’ve seen “Hold on, this is waiting to be approved by Viki” attached to anything I’ve posted about subbing for After School Club.

This means that some busy little algorithm doesn’t like something I’ve written.

https://media.giphy.com/media/ID1YFWPr1HL985zjRJ/giphy.gif
(Giphy)

As Uncle Roger might say, “Hai-ya!”

I guess I should be happy that there is some system in place for keeping Viki aware of what is going on in the volunteer community . . .

4 Likes

Next time omit the word subbing or any if it’s versions. I read that advice somewhere on these threads.
:bridge_at_night: Across over on your more restricted discussions, you’ll run into more of this kind of situation.
Source:
https://discussions.viki.com/t/your-laugh-for-the-day/29321/2232?u=leerla73

I knew I just heard this theme song. In a #mazelee shorts

1 Like