Book of quotes

20200612_201028

2 Likes

So you’re here just for us all?

1 Like

No, no! It’s more selfish than that!
I’m on a journey to discover human nature.

3 Likes

“You can’t predict life, but you can prepare for it” I don’t know who said it but my parents always told me it growing up. My mom also said “If you don’t have something nice to say don’t say it a lot” and “Complaining without giving a solution is whining.”
SO MANY GREAT QUOTES!

3 Likes

“A person can’t bring money into the afterlife but money can bring someone to his death.” --Shen Wen Tao, character from Chinese drama Destined to Love You, episode 11.

“Just because something is old, doesn’t mean it’s junk. It’s just forgotten.” --The Mechanic, from Ninjago season 12 episode 1.

“But it doesn’t matter. Everyone has their own fate.” --Xiao Mai (?), character from Taiwanese drama Romantic Princess, episode 1.

2 Likes

here’s my two cents:
download

images

1 Like

In some cultures, though, the people you leave behind after you pass away, can send you money for your new life by burning fake money as offerings. :wink:

1 Like

I did think of that, and I was intrigued that he would say that, seeing that he is Chinese and the drama takes place before 1920. I thought it was a Buddhist tradition to burn paper money…but maybe I’m messing up the traditions :thinking: There is this drama on NF called The Ghost Bride that takes place in Malaysia and in that drama, the mom of the deceased son burned paper money.

1 Like

It still happens nowadays. I saw it in a documentary about China and I personally heard it from people who practice it in Vietnam and Korea. But I’m also not sure which tradition it belongs to. Maybe it’s more a cultural thing that found its way into several religious traditions in Asia …

1 Like