Bottom List Dramas

I agree with that.

It is really awesome how people have different tastes in dramas :smiley: I marathoned that drama just like @b2utybubbles and we really liked it. I might add that i can understand why someone couldn’t finish it. It was very frustrating and had 30 episodes.

2 Likes

For a drama about music, I’m disappointed
 Like For Trot Lovers.
There are dramas about music whose I love the OST : Heartstring, What’s Up, Shup Up Flower Boy Band and the canadian serie Instant Star.

Did you try PLUS NINE BOYS? And I just recently found a J-Drama Kyo wa Kaisha Yasumimasu, only 2 eps out right now but I like it, it seems to be a sweet romance.

And I find SPRINGDAYS OF MY LIFE more adorable than SHE IS SO LOVALBE, even with the supposed sadder storyline, I still think she will pull through.

LOL that’s quite a list

I managed to watch Angel Eyes, Heirs, I Need Romance 2.

I avoided out of fear Beautiful Man and Fall In Love With Me, haha, seems for the better 

For most of the rest I didn’t get past 2 episodes.

It took me a while to reply - sorry!!! I just started uni, so I haven’t been that online-y

So, let’s see if I can figure out what we were talking about:

I might check out can you hear my heart sooner or later, but i’m not looking forward to going through the whole younger kid phase of the drama again (never liked those)

true, agreed!!!

haha Ikr!! Though we have got to get stronger if we’re gonna keep on walking in asian drama land

haha LOL :slight_smile:

Yep!! So me, I remember doing that most recently for that Arata guy in Switch Girl 2 (dramathoned it - after my exams because they just completely blew)
I just wish i hadn’t done that for Yoon Shi Yoon which led to High Kick through the roof (as I have already mentioned countlessly here, and the thing that opened our Jung Il Woo fandom - do NOT watch EVER)

LOL tell me how you get through that- because of me being Indian and my parents being stereotypical Indians, I’m probably gonna end up with an Indian Guy - nobody ever said that Indian guys can’t be cute too so fingers crossed :smiley:

I know it’s not Park Shin Hye’s fault - but I just wish those screen writers would come up with more kick ass female leads, it wouldn’t be the end of the world if they did

same, I think I saw the same description recently on a drama/movie that seemed good from the plot - after reading ‘it’s a sad ending, but so good’ I just went ‘Hell no!’

Ikr!! but the whole going to Korea and climbing the drama writ ing steps is like next to impossible. However, I am going to start writing in NaNoWriMo this year so a story where there isn’t going to be a horrible ending will definitely come (maybe I will get paid for making up stuff like that :slight_smile: )

Ikr! Either of us would be more than happy to take him off terrible writers’ hands ^^

• Though this conversation has technically been moved over to the specific Jung Il Woo thread you created (still in disbelief over that btw)

no but i was tempted too, seeing that it has my sunjae XD <33

thanks for all these suggestions and this info! ahhcckk i wish i can watch 20 dramas at 1 time xD they all sound good.

:confused: i thinking about that one too. wah, then what is the type of music they have in there? i think ill put it on hold for now.

no problem dongsaeng ^ ^ even I forget whats going on here sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:

i knowww. i think all those sad dramas wiped me out so i wont get as sad as i used to.

of course! there are flower boys everywhere xD and ah, it must be hard, but dont loose hope! after all, in the end the choice is yours when you are an adult.

yeah i too wish they would make stronger female leads sometimes
 that doesnt get weak especially when the enemy/bad girl comes around.

LOL i still dont get that description. all i know is that i will NOT be watching those. maybe when im more mentally stable. lol. i recently saw a list of korean movies with “sad” or happy" written as the genre for some so i know when to stay away.
(here, just in case:
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls006190450/)

its good to have a description of everything because i recently saw a movie that i thought was gonna be “good and happy” and the lead dies suddenly and im sitting there O.O shocked bawling my eyes out. why? why does this happen to me?

wah! let me know how it goes ^ ^ i will DEF watch that.

HAHAHA yeaaa where did that thread go? its dead for a while. poor jung il T.T we still love you

I didn’t like Trot Lovers, the story was bad
 But the actress is a great singer but none song stay in my memory.

@lutra, Yep, the saddest one of course was "Bali’ cried me a river. " Can you hear my heart’ ‘That winter the wind blows’
ah really anything that Zo In Sung is in, hahaha. Did my marathon of ‘Snow Queen’ and just finished " Love Rain’
"Faith’ "City Hunter’ " Moon embraces the sun’ " Cinderella man’ " Beyond the clouds’
Think I’d run out of space if I could remember them all.
Think these are ones I liked some more than others. Ah sure even when I like one I still pick holes in the script have to remind myself that some writers just write unrealistic characters and take too long to tell the story.
You are correct, " Snow queen’ had some strong points but the sad ending was not unexpected and worked well with the story.
The two couples in ‘Love Rain’ were beautiful. At one point I just wanted the '70s pair to find each other so bad especially as the mental case woman had lied and caused her own misery I just didn’t care about her at all.
I also didn’t understand what the big problem was with them being together. Am I alone in my opinion? She was a widow and he had been divorced a long time. His ex had married him knowing he didn’t love her.
Ah anyway I liked it even with the cultural differences which leave me bewildered

1 Like

@ger_o_malley
The cultural thing in Love Rain is that if the parent generation would be together the kids couldn’t not that it’s a law out there, but it is a tradition thing.

With all the dramas you listed, you might want to try an older one, if you have not seen it - Cloud Stairs or Thank You.

It’s too early in the morning to think of more, I am going to have breakfast now, good day to you.

@lutra, I will look these ones up. I did like the two much older ones I recently watched. I know what you mean about the cultural traditions that have survived into this century.
I come from a country which is very old ( we even have the oldest man made structure in the world ) yes even older than the Pyramids.
I am happy though that the youth now have the freedom to be themselves and make their life choices with direction and not blind obedience this is where I become impatient.
I know also that writers use ‘artistic licence’ and some characters then become OTT in their story lines.
The cultural differences which make me laugh out loud is how open minded and frank they are about all bodily functions, then introduce a girl who cowers when kissed or stands like a statue.
Hence the huge divide between the movies and the TV dramas. We have a ‘watershed’ ( which means adult themed programmes are only aired after 9.30pm.
This is because of the strong religious influence which still, like Korea has remained in our society.
I think ‘Coffee Prince’ Personal Taste’ ‘Beyond the clouds’ ‘Witches Romance’ Discovery of Romance3’ ‘It’s ok that’s love’ really stand out as although some crazy parents were thrown into the stories the adults behaved like adults and we could believe their feelings as they spoke openly about them. Oh a few more come to mind also.
Anyway off I go in search of your suggestions.
Thank you.

ahh ill leave it at the end of my list then.why when the cast was so great???

:confused:

i felt bad for the older couple in love rain. their story was so cute! x.( but im glad at least the children got together, they were suffering so much. i just felt really bad that the older couple never got a chance to be together T.T but at least they knew they loved eachother very much. that is a big sacrifice for their kids.

btw WHY DID NO ONE WARN ME ABOUT THE DOG SAD STORY ON “She’s so lovable” !!!

i was crying a river when they talked about his cancer. just someone tell me now, does he survive??? because if he doesnt i dont want to watch it seriously. im so weak for animal stuff as i just lost my dog a few months ago. this is NOT the drama for me if its going to end like that. not any time soon anyways. lol.

wait. its a law? thats what it was about? omg how did i miss that? the begining was so beautiful to that story, i loved the old times that they met and how innocent it was and the theme song T.T

There were a lot of clichés of K-drama : the second female lead was a wench, the amnesia, the first male lead was a jerk at the beginning, etc

For Love Rain, you must love the movie The Classic ! It’s the same kind. And the OST is so good (and sad).

Oh I loved it and the music was beautiful but unfortunately the site I found it on didn’t sub the songs I was mad about that. I wanted to know the words too. For quite a few episodes I just wanted the '70s couple to unite but of course the young couple deserved their chance to live in love and not repeat the life their parents had endured.Overall it was a good drama.
Your other concern re: ‘She’s so lovable’ yes sorry no heads up about it but look at it this way he is a loved dog and cherished companion so don’t be sad.
@ ‘lutra’ that comment was directed at me, as usual I was being critical re: the sad situation in ‘Love Rain’ the cultural differences irk me sometimes I forget that although we all live in the 21st century not all societies have let go of old thinking habits. I read a comment that really annoyed me about the love between the '70s couple. I was amazed to discover that although the man was divorced and the woman was a widow

continuation, some of my comment disappeared!!!
Their adult children would become siblings automatically and could not under law or tradition be together as lovers or married.
This situation made it all quite tragic even though the young couple had no idea about their respected parents when they met and fell in love.
lutra was putting me straight on why this was so.

ugh the amnesia :confused: i hate that. i can like the other things,(even tho they shouldnt repeat it as much), but the amnesia >,<

i have to watch all these movies your telling me! so the classic, and what was the other one? princess man?

i agree about love rain. they should not repeat what the parents went through. i agree i was rooting for them and then i rooted for the younger ones towards the end x) you become fond of their relationship.

T.T what episode does he die if you know? i think ill have to skip it, dont think i can handle it right now. it burns a hole in my heart with any animals thing i just cant.
but thats true :confused: i know, he was loved.

ohhhh okay yes. i get it now. it was very sad that they didnt know about their parents. it must be such a tough decision on both couples. but at least the ending was bittersweet :blush: more on the sweet side.