Bring back the light mode!

There’s many bugs going on these days … Luckily my log in issue got solved the same day, but there’s still issues with translating and I even occasionally get the announcement “You have not made any contributions yet”. :roll_eyes:
So, yeah, maybe this is a bug as well …

2 Likes

Something like that happened here too a few days ago. But when I refreshed the page, my translations magically reappeared.

I have never come across the Vikibot during translating. And I hope I won’t. I also hate spelling check on phones, where they always give the wrong suggestion.

1 Like

All of my devices, their operating systems and apps run in Dark mode exclusively. But that’s my own choice. Give the people that choice, so Yes, I stand by your request.

5 Likes

I would sign it for sure!

1 Like

I prefer the light mode, but if possible would like to have the option to chose, because some have trouble with one of the choices. However, it is not only about preference, but a need to chose one or the other given so many have eye or other health issues.

4 Likes

Some moderator could probably merge these other two threads with this one:

It is troublesome to respond to all three threads, when the topic is exactly the same.
I think that, of the three, this one has the title most relevant to the topic, and people who see it will immediately know what it is about. Although … it would be nice if the original poster changed the title to something more neutral such as “Bring back the choice between light and dark mode”, so that both friends of light or friends of dark can enter the thread and contribute to the discussion.

@jeslynl, @mariliam
@ nxyhttp

6 Likes

Hi there! I made the petition! Please, sign it and share it as much as you can!!

1 Like

@jeslynl
Is there a chance?
We have many that have trouble with the dark mode.
From hurting eyes, to tiring eyes, even not able to read properly because of the “contrast” who is not working for everyone’s eye condition.

5 Likes

I think it would also be good to link it to a help center request? This way, Viki will see it more likely and has a way to response within the request. Also more people could possibly sign the petition, as the request only needs a thumbs up.

2 Likes

somehow I’m missing the words “let us have BOTH OPTIONS” not only bring back light mode… this could translate like we want the light mode only… but I’d like both light and dark.

“By signing this petition, I accept that I want the Light Mode back”

@nxyhttp could you change the wording so I can sign it, thanks.

2 Likes

@simi11 It’s written in the form that both options are wanted.

2 Likes

afbeelding

It is mentioned, but indeed it might be better if the title would be something along the lines of: Bring back the options!

I stated in my comment that I prefer the dark mode, though.

I named it “Bring back the light mode” because it was the only option they took away, it’s not like they took both :frowning: I wanted to focus the petition on bringing back the light mode, which is the main topic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Those of us who prefer the dark mode may not want to risk having the dark mode replaced by the light mode though, so I guess some might hesitate to sign for that reason.
They took away the light mode, but they also took away the choice. I guess it would just be a bit more “neutral” if we would focus on the fact that our “choice” was taken away.

2 Likes

Don’t worry! When I get all the signatures and send the petition to Viki, I’ll be sure to specify that we DO NOT WANT the “dark mode” to go away.

1 Like

my vikimail is in light mode… it’s all like a chess board, once white, than black, therefore I believe the wordings should be “by signing this petition I wish to have both options available to volunteers” since they likely would not grant it to viewers… just my thoughts.

2 Likes

Well, my profile is a wreck. Pics won’t come up, the color of fonts I used with WHITE BACKGROUNDS is an EPIC FAIL ON BLACK. I mean, I chose PURPLE but I’m guessing some who used, what, BLACK TYPE may have …even less readable words now?

Maybe it’s great for someone who wants to not have a white screen like many of us do for what, CONTRAST SO WE CAN READ THINGS READILY?..

Maybe our profiles are “going away” and we just haven’t been told that yet. I mean, with Teams going to a TAB OFF THE FRONT PAGE OF THE DRAMAS WE WORK ON…shrug…I guess really nobody needs to see the NSSA badges, or my one picture I put up, or…really anything anyway, lol.

Let me know if you’re going to delete our profile pages so I can at least COPY my projects somewhere as a memento…and have a great weekend. :slight_smile:

the masked marvel sigh.

10 Likes

I’ve written this before… All of my devices and apps use Dark mode, but that’s my choice. Everyone should have that choice. Technically speaking, I’m not even sure why the Light mode was removed… Both modes can and should be compatible with each other.

5 Likes

I just put all my projects in a collection, but maybe those will be deleted somewhere in the future too :sweat_smile:

I liked switching between light and dark mode.

4 Likes

Please, give me back my bright mode. At least, let us the choice between dark and bright :sob::sob: I want to cry, my profile is so ugly because of that. I spent hours to create my profile and now with dark mode everything is so ugly… Plus I prefer dark mode on phone, I don’t like it on computer. I’m almost always on computer on Viki…

8 Likes