BRING BACK THE OLD, COMFORTING DRAMA CHARM! šŸ˜ Give Us Positive Feel Good Dramas!

I think one of my favorite dramas with Namgoong Min is ā€œDear Fair Lady Kong Shimā€ (2016).
@frustratedwriter you would probably love it.

5 Likes

He is so CUTE!

2 Likes

I watched ā€œProtect the Bossā€ (2011) when it was released and really enjoyed it.

4 Likes

This one might be nice a comforting

3 Likes

Yes, Namgoong Min is very handsome. Hereā€™s pics from the first drama I saw him in way back in 2010. ā€œThe Birth of the Richā€.
Oops, the pictures didnā€™t load. Okay, here we go.

3 Likes

ā€œListen to My Heartā€ (2011) was one of my first weekend dramas. Iā€™m pleased to see that Viki has brought it back.

4 Likes

Vectorstock

Iā€™m fixing to be in HEART jail! oh no!

2 Likes

Lol. Whatā€™s even more shocking is when I realize Iā€™m old enough to be his Mother.
I married in 1976 and he was born in 1978.
:upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Kpop files

But heā€™s so HANDSOME

1 Like

Indeed.

ā€œMy Secret Hotelā€ (2014)
https://wiki.d-addicts.com/My_Secret_Hotel
Still here on Viki (in my region).

3 Likes

I loved both of this drama.

3 Likes

It feels like forever and a day - I donā€™t think it will ever get license in my region. I think it was accessible when it came out, but I was so busy back then.

Best Hit is a vice versa case couldnā€™t watch it when it came out, it only recently came with a license in my region, it is from 2017. So maybe the house helper will be there next year? We will see or not.

You know what song comes to my mind, if I read something like this?
I think it is Carole King - at the heartbreak hotel, come to the heartbreak hotel, lala la lala la la la at the heartbreak hotel - sorry so bad with lyrics.

4 Likes

Not here, I couldnā€™t finish it, it was hard watch for me - so emotional with the dad.

3 Likes

are you talking about Awaken? itā€™s still hanging around my watchlist

Like aznative, I recommend Terrius Behind Me if you want a comedy-action fusionā€¦not much bloodshed, pretty light on the gore but still interesting to watch. I found it very much the ā€œold, comforting drama charmā€ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Other dramas:
You Are My Hero (forgot if youā€™ve watched it) - sincerely loved this romance-action-medical-military-comedy drama. Was pleasantly surprised that a 40-episode cdrama could actually be kdrama-level GOOD. :joy:

Loved this one, even without any romance, they managed to make it really heartwarming:

NOT NECESSARILY THE OLD COMFORTING CHARM, but still pretty good watches:

If you want more Namgoong Min: (really liked his roleā€¦felt like he carried this drama to its decent rating)
Girl Who Sees Smells - good plot; pretty nice crime-solving with not MUCH bloodshed and gore, but its there (Barcode Murders)

Psychopath Diary - again, not much bloodshed, Yoo Shi Yoon is hilarious in his role. Legendary foemance :joy:

Your Honor - Yoo Shi Yoon carries the whole of this chaotic show :joy:

4 Likes

wow! yā€™all did me proud!!!

havenā€™t seen some of these in a very long time, looks like I am going to rewatch them
Protect the Boss, wish I could find the big man,
dear fair lady, oh wow, I loved that one when I first watched it years ago, another rewatch, I just thought of another one

aznative, terrius is not available here 1. Viki, 2 youtube,3 Netflix, thatā€™s where I have seen it before, and havenā€™t checked lately either. Because this is my first life, another one to watch

your house helper, I know I started to watch, but, you know how that is,

aznative, whats so funny, is all these ā€œkidsā€ are the same ages as my sons!!

vivi, yes, awaken, loved it, the ending was heart wrenching for me. and those experiments go on still today(ps did I do good or what?)

you are my hero is still on my list, loved the player, already watched a month or so ago,
switch is one, oh yes sketch, so I guess I am going to do some ā€œresearchā€ today and I donā€™t mean genealogy. later ya all, got things to do today

4 Likes

I havenā€™t watched Awakenā€¦is it worth watching?

3 Likes

Iā€™m so looking forward to this one! Such a great story idea!

3 Likes

Itā€™s a mystery, I wonā€™t go into detail, certain things happened when he was a child and thats what he/they are looking into. I commented about this earlier. I did like it up to a point, and I think we both kinda have a few likes here& there. so itā€™s an edge-of-your-seat drama, I hated the ending, yes its worth the watch. and stuff like that going on still today, just watch and enjoy it

5 Likes

Absolutely worth the time! Although I wouldnā€™t put in the the ā€˜comfortingā€™ category, more of a mystery/suspense.
The tvN drama received high ratings for a cable network.

https://wiki.d-addicts.com/Awaken

2 Likes

Thereā€™s the heart of a 24 year-old in this 69 year-old body. :grin:

3 Likes