BRING BACK THE OLD, COMFORTING DRAMA CHARM! šŸ˜ Give Us Positive Feel Good Dramas!

@vivi_1485
@my_happy_place
@frustratedwriter
@lutra
@angelight313_168

Ok I have 400 dramas started but I was not in a mood last night for any of them so I sat for like an hour and finally started Panda and Hedgehog - is that one any good??

3 Likes

You know that taste is a quite peculiar thing. I watched and completed it many years ago, I would say itā€™s a drama that does not hurt. Itā€™s not one of the classic you n e e d to watch, but you might still like the actors. If you are looking for something special, you know I am now only 17 dramas short of hitting the 1.000th Asian drama watched.

4 Likes

I have so many started! I need to catch up on! I was just in a weird mood after Scent of a Woman! Iā€™m back on track today! I will catch up on Gumiho today and Love is Phantom! I need to finish several! Scent of a Woman was a little heart wrenching but hopeful I loved Lee Dong Wook and the actress in that it was very good - a little old and soapy like in parts - but very good.

Are you on MDL?

2 Likes

Yes, since a few weeks now, and except for the Thai section it should be up-to-date.

4 Likes

Ok I sent you a friend request - you are lutra right?

3 Likes

I usually never watch anything older than 2015. Somehow Iā€™m just not able to watch themā€¦ guess itā€™s a Gen Z problem! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Scent of a woman is worth watching the tango scenes!!! I wish they danced more in drama! I think that one was 2011

2 Likes

Havenā€™t seen it, but it has been in my watch list.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing. It sometimes feels like Iā€™ve watched that many, but Iā€™m sure itā€™s nowhere close. I havenā€™t really kept track, and since I watch them in several different places, itā€™s not always easy. Is that was this MDL thing does? Is it a central place to keep track of everything youā€™ve watched?

2 Likes

MDL - Did you look at my link I sent you in private message that shows you what Iā€™m watching and what I have watched - and you see stats on my profile

1 Like

This is a comforting drama so far to me! Iā€™m only on Eps 4 - but so in love with it!

2 Likes

I FOUND ONE!!! Itā€™s from 2018 but STILL!!!
https://www.viki.com/tv/36109c-thirty-but-seventeen
It had everything I have come to love in Dramalandā€¦ It had the original, characteristic kdrama flavor. That heartwarming feeling of being around people who genuinely love each otherā€¦ of strangers who bond together to create a beautiful family. The kind of drama that makes me love and care for every single character so much that I didnā€™t mind any little plot holes here and there. The magic of coincidence and alllll those adorable tropes I love with all my heart. When FL stood on the table while ML stood on the floor, my heart was literally SCREAMING for her to fall :joy:

It felt like I was visiting home again. :heart::heart: Dramas like these are the reason I love Dramaland so much.

3 Likes

Have you watched any of these?

I LOVE WOK of LOVE well you know itā€™s JUNHO - But the family element is a BROMANCE - There is a ugly FL mother - but the gangsta his character and the bond between Junho and him is just - Aw I love it.

@vivi_1485 You watch shows way faster than me!!!

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: Iā€™m a one-time binger. I watch only one drama at a time and BINGEEEE like a pro :joy: Mostly because I always feel like I should be studying instead, so I tell myself ā€œGet this done with, and then get BACK to your work!!ā€
Tomorrow with You was the only exception because I couldnā€™t take so many dopamine releases at once :joy:. I wanted to stay in that bubble forever!

Iā€™ve watched Go Back Coupleā€¦ that was a good one! Iā€™m still not sure I want to watch Wok Of Love, seems like thereā€™s a pretty intense love triangle! :sweat_smile: And both my best friends loved it, so THATā€™S a major red light! :joy:

2 Likes

Nope I would not say that - The bromance is beautiful and the friendship between Junho and the Gangsta boss (who also loves the girl but he is not intense about it) the mom is intense. The love between the two friends and the gangsta squad is like a family - I think you might like!!! But you never know! Itā€™s Junho!!! It is where I met him before I knew he was with 2pm so I am bias! It is one of my favorites! Just like Goblin - Iā€™m all about the bromance!

You are so cute I want to put you in the ā€œBaby Bird Universityā€!!!

2 Likes

Ok, here is my list:
I think that this is a ā€œclassicā€, I love the story and their acting. Also, she can accomplish her dreams which is good and not so usual in dramaland sometimes.

Despite I didnā€™t like the end, I think thatā€™s a drama with charm, we can add it to this thread.

I think that the story in love rain is really beautiful, they are a cute couple and itā€™s a drama that you can watch in calm.

I really enjoy shows with a psychological background, but this story just touches me in different ways. I love how they support each other in the darkest times and accept who the other one is complete. I think that this show is a gem.

About this show, I just love how he turns so innocent when he starts falling in love with her. I know that the start of the show is so sad and heā€™s so mean, but it was my first k-drama and Iā€™m still in love with it.

I love the main roles, and I think that I have a thing with the couples who support each other no matter what hahaha.

I like the reality of this show, how can your life turn in a different way from the one you planned. I like it.

I donā€™t have a super elaborated comment on this show, I just love it. And I really enjoyed that they donā€™t make Park Shin Hye make the usual eyes fish kiss. I love their first kiss!!!

3 Likes

Coffee Prince (but the 3 years away and him waiting I didnā€™t like LOVE LOVE
And Kim Jae Wook the Waffle Guy was my hero (and Gong Yoo of course)
kim%20jae%20wook%20waffle%20guy

Secret%20Garden I LOVE LOVE LOVE
Secret Garden LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

I have not watched some of the others!!!

2 Likes

AWWWWWWW do you really have place for me in there among all those handsome young men?? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss! :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m honored!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
It will be a wonderful experience attending an all-boys university :joy: I donā€™t think Iā€™ll graduate ever. Iā€™ll be wayyy too distracted staring at my classmates :rofl:

3 Likes