Bug: Another day, another language

Every day my global language settings for Viki.com change. And Chrome wants to translate it to English. Despite the fact that the page is already in English (because I selected it to be in English). But Viki said yesterday it was in French, and today apparently it’s in German.

When you try to link something from Viki.com into, for example, Facebook, Facebook picks up the show’s “thumb” not in the actual visible language on the site (English for me), but in that mysterious background language. It’s confusing.

I now know the titles of most of my projects in every one of the 5 main languages on Viki :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

I also have this problem. I have put English as main language, but in my case, it changes only into one language, Italian. And I have to change it every time.

I’ve seen that these days we are experiencing many problems. Hope viki will see and try to fix them.

2 Likes

In my case the entire page is always in English.

Except that Chrome thinks it’s not and wants to automatically translate it to English.

4 Likes

I think all these bugs will be here until september.we have to adjust to all these for a little while.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this one has been here for a while…

3 Likes

I have the same problem but not on the Viki main site, but on the Help site. It randomly changes to French, Spanish, sometimes even Chinese - and then it’s difficult for me to change it back, because you have to remember where is the button with the dropdown menu to change languages.

1 Like

That, too! In fact, I should pay closer attention whether the two match each day. I get automatic replies in the language of the day. Luckily I know what they want to say :yum:

2 Likes

I had written to Help Center about that, sent them screenshots, even a video and some other more mysterious stuff they wanted (to be taken from the Developer tab). But they weren’t able to solve it.

4 Likes

I know it’s been a while but since yesterday, I have this problem, I suddenly have the language setting stating Portuguese, and even I switch it back to English, the next page I will open at Viki, will surely be in Portuguese. The only page I can turn to English right now is my profile page, as for the rest it’s not working.
Usually, you would reset it on your profile, reload the other page and it would be adjusted, but this time it won’t

Anyone else?
If you got the same problem maybe you want to upvote this topic at the help center

1 Like

Oh that’s an old one.
Mine is even worse. Every time I refresh Subtitle Editor or Bulk Editor or Segment Timer it’s in Italian. Even if my default language is English, even if I am English editor for that drama.
And the help pages appear to me in random languages like French, Spanish and at times even Chinese or Japanese (can’t tell the difference). Especially for the latter, it’s a good thing that I know by heart where buttons are.

3 Likes

I know, I had that in the past too, but whenever I changed it back then it would be okay, maybe I had to redo it another time the same o next day, but I never had it this way, that except for the pages you can make the actual change, all other pages are just stuck with the faulty language.

1 Like

The language setting problem for me has gone. How? I got no clue at all I did was

• there was a Windows update, so I did this one and then closed the browser re-started the laptop and
    :tada:
    it’s magic.