Bug in the "Continue Watching Section"

I’ve just noticed that the continue watching feature is not updating for me either. It was working a few days ago.

6 Likes

I can definitely confirm that the continue watching feature is definitely broken again. Just like last time, it is rarely updating or if it does, it takes around 24 hours to do so.

The thing which makes this even more bizarre is that if you have the shows in you’re watching saved to your watchlist and you go to the show page for a particular show. You can clearly see where you got to on a particular show and pickup right from where you left off. The system will even remember your progress. When a show is not added to your watchlist.

It’s as if continue watching and remembering progress somehow become detached from one another or are different parts of the Viki system that ran independently from one another. It seems that this problem may occur when these two parts of the system fail to sync with one another.

One other thing I have always found strange about to continue watching section is that when you finished watching all the episodes of a particular show the showing question isn’t automatically cleared from your continue watching list and you have to clear the list manually. This is the opposite of virtually any other service I have used. Most services will clear continue watching automatically when you have watched all the available episodes of a particular show and some will even place a show back into continue watching automatically when a new episode for a show appears.

3 Likes

Mine hardly ever updates, only once in a blue moon :no_mouth:

4 Likes

Mine did and now it is back to not updating. Even when I am on the show page it is telling me wrong.

3 Likes

I can’t tell you anything, LOL I think I didn’t watch a thing here for a week or two?
Do you know what is worse, after last year, we decided spontaneously to give the kids treats if they come around for Halloween, I went grocery shopping and forgot to bring the sweets.
I just can’t believe it. I think that bug in my head is worse, I was there close to the shelves two times, but too many people, customers and the employees, who were filling up the shelves again. Then I went on with my list and just forgot about it …
And I still can’t believe it …

3 Likes

@vikicommunity, @jeslynl,
This is happening again, mines is at episode 26, but in reality, I’m at episode 31.There are 32 episodes in total, in The Sound of Providence. I’ve been ignoring the lack of update, but it’s been happening about two shows back.

2 Likes

I was watching Love Script and it took several days like 2 or 3 for it to show up in my continued watching section!!!

3 Likes

Yeah I started watching two dramas and neither of them has appeared in my COntinue Watching List yet :confused:

5 Likes

This time around, my progress isn’t even being saved within the episodes themselves. Last time the continue watching section wasn’t working, I could still go to the show page and then the episode list and find the one where I left off, but it is not keeping track of my progress at all.

4 Likes

Same most times

1 Like

You are again notifying Viki staff, you will not get any reaction here. Either look at the Viki Twitter Status or the Help Center, “we” have been “ghosted” here. A new word I learned, but I don’t even know if it is used like this in English, however it made its way into German.

There is news over there:

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/1500000598422?page=4#comments

3 Likes

I am not repeating it to annoy you, it is just as it is, if you want to go on with it do it, but it is like shouting in the mountains when there is no echo only silence. I do not believe that they are coming back to communicate with us. The ones who did a great job in communicating with us were camiille, now in another department and mariliam, no longer at Viki.

Viki increased the people on Help Center at least it seems so and decreasing them here. jeslynl does reply yes, if you flag advertising stuff and co, but even that can take longer, than usual. If you want to address them fine, I won’t say anything anymore. Addressing vikicommunity however, doesn’t work if I remember it right, since as far as I know Viki only used that ID from one side, for informational topics, but never made any comments with it.

But okay, do as you like.

1 Like

I said I wouldn’t bother you anymore, so where is your problem now?
Did you have a bad day? Did I add to it? Sorry, if I did, it just seemed as if you are not aware of the changes already happening at Viki.
So for the rest of the day, week, month, year … I wish you …

3 Likes

I’ve a question. At what devices/services does this problem occur? I watch on app and I’ve never faced any problem there.
And because of that… maybe my continue watchlist was always updated at the website too.

4 Likes

My Continue Watching list just got updated today. My progress has also suddenly reappeared for all the seven episodes I watched recently. I’ve watched the drama at least five times before, but my previous progress has been wiped out.

4 Likes

I watch on the pc

2 Likes

They know.

7 Likes

A minha também não funciona
Eu tenho que ir na minha playlist e buscar o filme ou dorama que estava assistindo.:sob::disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

I have had mine update but my progress is not there - it is mixed up!!! Sometimes on a re-watch part instead of the Eps I am on!

1 Like

On my smart phone.

Same

2 Likes