Can not create new topic - button missing

This is the communication of mavsynchroid and me about this problem, if anyone has an idea? If not the only option left will be a request

@mavsynchroid_588

Have you tried to log in / out, cookies?
You should contact Viki assistance, if I remember it well, another user was unable to create new topics, she contacted Viki and they fixed her problem. While she was unable to make a post, she created another account to be able to make a post here. You can always try that for the meantime.

I’m sure Viki will be able to help you.

Submit a request to Viki assistance here (might wait 1d-a few days before having an answer I think):
https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@mavsynchroid_588
adrianmorales
30m

@mavsynchroid_588
Before social media – with Twitter and Facebook and so on – ruled the world, people would hang out in these online forums. Viki Discussions is based on those forums. Unfortunately, they have certain legacy rules that Viki never removed. For one, you can’t create your own topic until you’ve commented on other topics. I don’t know the number of comments, though. Just go through every topic and post something.

I think Adrian is right that you need to participate with comments first, I have been too long on this discussion board, that I didn’t think about that.

Hello all! Sharing some insights here:

There is a set of requirements to meet before a user new on Discussions is allowed to create a new topic. Read on to find out more!

Viki Discussions is powered by a platform called Discourse. Per logic set by Discourse, a user has to meet the following requirements before being allowed to add a new topic:

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

This is put in place to prevent spam or avoid low-quality content on Viki, or on any Discourse community for that matter. If you are interested to learn more about this, look here.

I hope this is useful! @lutra @piranna

1 Like

Try to go through another browser or write to the forum administrator!

Problem was solved - thanks for all the help, sorry forgot to post that the problem no longer appears.