[CDRAMA] Go Go Squid! šŸ™ Follow, Asking licence & Recruiting

Viki Channel :white_check_mark: Follow if interested

Hello!

This Cdrama isnā€™t licensed yet on Viki, so hereā€™s the form to make it available on Viki if you might be interested:

What country is this title from? China
Type of video: TV show
I mostly watch videos on: pick
Your country (where do you live?): pick

SYNOPSIS

Tong Nian is a genius 19-year-old student with high IQ and low EQ, who is also a famous anime cosplay person and sings well. She falls in love at first sight with Han Shang Yan, who is a game genius in the e-sports world and never pays attention to the girls.

Episodes: 30

Adapted from the novel čœœę±ē‚–é±æé±¼
Mi Zhi Dun You Yu, Stewed Squid with Honey

Genres: Romance, Comedy

We recruit!

:postbox: Contact

2 Likes

Also need some support with 2 Historical Cdramas not licensed yet on Viki (probably 2019?):

The Fated General

The King of Blaze

Everything is explained on the English cover.

Weā€™re recruiting on the Chinese drama Go Go Squid!

:calendar_spiral: Official broadcast date: July 9th 2019

:hand_splayed: Recruiting:
  • :dress: Cover designer [Contact piranna]

• :scissors:Segmenters [Contact bjohnsonwong]

• :dolls: Moderators [Contact piranna]

• :u6709: Chinese-English translators [Contact cityofstars]

• :dancer: All languages translators [Contact your moderator in this list or without moderator, contact piranna]

:flags: List of moderators to contact to subtitle:

Thank you!
1 Like

Adapted from the novel Honey Stewed Squid from Mo Bao Fei Bao.

Novel translated here:
https://hui3r.wordpress.com/category/books/stewed-squid-with-honey/
Chapters: 50
(Thank you to the translators and their translations notes are top! They did a great job)

Binged the novel that I didnā€™t finished before. It is easy to read and time to read it less than a day (an exception compared to other novels with +hundreds chapters). Perfect for a Sunday!

My pov on the novel: beware of spoil!!!
Focused on romance.

The story is light, cute and contains some smexy scenes! I hope they wonā€™t omit them in the drama, some are hilarious and some are just expression of desire. Lots of kisses, drunk girl who becomes daring, teasing guy.

The plot is not intricate, thereā€™s not really any love triangle (maybe one guy, but sheā€™s not interested) so it mainly focuses on their relationship.
There are no big dramas in the plot, the exciting moments are the smexy ones. First Chinese one I read one with such moments (desire from youth).
Itā€™s really just about love and age gap, parents acceptation, friendship, esport as a job.

The fl is sweet and innocent whereas the ml is cold and indifferent (huh? DĆ©jĆ  vu?).
They are both really beautiful (again, itā€™s main leads novel!)
She has a crush on him on first encounter in an internet cafĆ©, but he doesnā€™t pay attention to her.
She will hack an account to play in a game heā€™s playing.
She learns heā€™s a 29-yo pro gamer and the owner of K&K, a gaming company. A high figure in early stages and development of esports in China called God Gun.
Sheā€™s a 19-yo college student in eletronics, sheā€™s smart at school but dense outside studies, she does programming and is famous for being a Japanese anime coverist who has lots of fans. Little Squid is her nickname or Your Highness on Weibo social media.
And onwards, many encounters will make them closer.

The end was rushing so that left me wanting for more.
Lack of development for extra characters, pity there (team solo, apple, K&K members, yaya love story)
The game development was left out around the middle of the novel.
The badump development for his part was too fast for me. I havenā€™t understood the transition.
But from indifference to teasing, I still think the couple is adorable with their own lovely moments.

Happy ending that makes you satisfied.

Itā€™s pleasant to read, not the best romance novel that I could read, but I spent a good time reading it :slight_smile: Many laughs.

2 excerpts:

Credits to author and subbers

Weā€™re urgently recruiting:

• Segmenters who are graduated from nssa or seg101!

12/13 ep a week
1 month
Could be European uploading time after lunch/early morning or midnight/early morning PDT uploading time.

:scissors:Segmenters [Contact bjohnsonwong]

• a volunteer (or just someone with time) who lives in Europe to send notification to seggers and English subbers when an episode is uploaded.
    We have one for US time. => moderation role will be given.

:dolls: Moderator notification [Contact piranna]

If you are free for July, thanks for giving us a hand!

We recruit urgently an active German moderator for Go Go Squid!
Some German viewers are waiting.
Please contact:
https://www.viki.com/messages/new?username=piranna

Found her.

We recruit urgently an active Turkish moderator for Go Go Squid!

Some Turkish viewers are waiting.
Already has 4 Turkish new subbers, need a moderator to coordinate the team and do what moderators usually do (vocabulary, recruit, etc.)

Also recruiting Moderators in other languages (a few translators are without Moderators and are subbing this drama in):

Danish

Dutch

Finnish

Greek

Persian

__

Please contact to participate:
https://www.viki.com/messages/new?username=piranna

Thank you!

Iā€™m watching it now for the 2nd time. You all did a great job subbing it. Thank you so much!!!

2 Likes