Channel Manager Qualifications

OK but if the release to OL is fast, it’s thanks to the segmenters, subtitlers and editors.
I don’t think this should be a criterion for choosing a CM.

4 Likes

I agree. There is only so much a CM can do. How would we even replace the people Viki already has a lack of?

2 Likes

I know a user who has been CM ten times this year and the year is not over yet…

10 Likes

There is also this:

A. Our Channel Manager selection team reviews applicants’ current un-finished channel count for managed channels and the average duration of time to release to the language teams.

1. Team-up with an experienced Channel Manager in the community to co-channel manage.

So basically I’m told to contact other CMs and contact Viki about projects as Viki might think that you’re not experienced after a couple of channels. However, it feels rather like using a shortcut to get a channel you really want.
Not to forget that there are some understandable and less understandable differences between releases. Lately, a lot of dramas just release instantly or even come with presubs in relevant languages.
Then there’s no elaboration on what they consider an un-finished channel. Without a full release? Without the full translation in core languages? It’s not clear.

6 Likes

Congratulations Sheree. Your long dry spell is finally over :heart:

9 Likes

Congratulations :tada::tada::tada: sheree. You deserve it. Maybe sun will shine for me and others too. Wish you more channels and good team.

6 Likes

congratulation kakas

4 Likes

Congratulations Sheree, I hope this is the start of something new :partying_face:

7 Likes

@#$%^&&^%$#$%^&&^%$#%^ I can’t believe it! Did this post actually help me… OR… was it just a random coincidence?

15 Likes

I don’t believe in coincidences. Similar thing happened to me :smirk:

8 Likes

Congrats, well deserved! :bouquet: :partying_face: :tada:

5 Likes

Meybe I’ll do mine too :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: just kidding, tho maybe they do read discussions and will change some things, congrats again love.

3 Likes

Not sure if it would help. This topic has been discussed on Discussions before and until now, Viki just ignored it. We can only hope this really is a turnaround and not just a quick way to stop people from complaining.

Anyhow, congratulations, Sheree. I’m happy for you. :bouquet:

12 Likes

Was exactly my thought. Not just here but I wrote 2 Viki staff wanting answers with no reply. Complete silence. So, maybe they thought to shut me up for the next 2 years!

12 Likes

I know it was a joke. But still I believe some things will change. Maybe.

4 Likes

I truly hope that’s not the case.

5 Likes

@kakashiandme congratulations, Sheree :partying_face:
I hope that someday I will get Chinese drama :wink:

4 Likes

They read, I think. I’m glad they listened! Congrats!

8 Likes

I’ll root for you. :crossed_fingers:t3:

5 Likes

Congratulations @kakashiandme :raised_hands:
It was time for you to manage a channel.
Hope things get better for future channels managers :v:

7 Likes