[Closed] Viki Binge Challenge

I watched some before I RSVP’d I hope they look at the whole 2-1/2 weeks not just from the time someone RSVP’s.

Alright everyone don’t forget to RSVP if you want to join the challenge.

2 Likes

If I interpret this correctly it’s not just the 2 episodes they indicate on the ‘poster,’ watching any episode of the 4 dramas count.

1 Like

Based on the post by giant_sean, you will need to watch the listed episodes for the 4 special badges for each drama.

Rewatching episodes only applies to the “Top 10 Bingers” Badge, which needs to be accomplished during the challenge periods.

3 Likes

If you watch or rewatch … There is no difference for the badge. Let’s say, you watched all 4 dramas in full in the time frame. Will rewatching then increase your chances to end up in the top 10?

What does RSVP mean?

The abbreviation R.S.V.P. comes from the French phrase répondez s’il vous plaît , which means “please reply.”

If you scroll down the post under the Featured Shows, there is a RSVP link, you need to follow the link to enter the contest.

3 Likes

@lutra, I am sorry for your misunderstanding of what I said earlier. If you read Sean’s answer closely, you would understand.

The main concern here is whether or not watching the four shows before February 3rd to 21st counts. No, it does not. So even if you have seen the required episodes in the past, you will not earn the badge.

If you want the first four badges, you will have to watch Episodes 11 and 12 of True Beauty, Episodes 1 and 2 of Mr. Queen, Replay and Gangnam Beauty between February 3 to 21 PST for them to count. Not any two episodes from each of the shows but only the required ones. If you have not seen any of the shows, now is a good time to try them out. If you have seen them all and want the badge, then you would have to rewatch the required episodes.

Similarly, if you have seen all the episodes before the challenge period, they will not count towards the Top 10 Binge badge. Only if you watch all four shows from February 3 to 21 would you qualify in the challenge for the special badge.

If you have further concerns, please direct them to giant_sean as everyone here are volunteers. None of us have the exact answer to the questions you may have.

2 Likes

So am I. LOL I understand what it is written, I only wondered if you watch things double … Will it count? I can’t watch at the moment I have an inflammation on one of my eyes. Of course, I could just let the computer run, but that’s not my style. :wink:
No worries I am not desperate to get these badges.
Need to get something done. So off for now.

4 Likes

@amyk @mariliam @camiille @giant_sean @jeslynl

Can you please answer the questions we all have regarding this challenge? We want more information.

2 Likes

I did the RSVP, can I start right away with the challenge or do I have to wait for some email confirmation?

Thanks

That would be very unfair for the people who already started watching the required episodes.

I wonder if other dramas will count too for the top 10.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your questions and we’re happy to hear people are interested in joining the challenge!

Regarding the RSVP:

• If you RSVP’d after you started watching, that’s okay! Watching time will be counted so long as it falls within the challenge time period (Feb. 3 12:00 AM PST - Feb. 21 11:59 PST).

Watching the specified episodes vs. watching any episodes out of all 4 shows:

• Watching the specified episodes for the 4 shows is for qualifying for the badges. Ex: Watch Replay eps. 1-2 to get the Replay badge. Watch Mr. Queen eps. 1-2 to get the Mr. Queen badge. Please review the FAQ for the specified episodes.
  • Watching any episodes out of the 4 shows is counted towards the Top 10 bingers. Ex: You can watch all available eps. of Replay, Mr. Queen, True Beauty, and/or My ID is Gangnam Beauty and that will be counted towards your watching time.

Regarding the Top 10 bingeing:

• Per the terms and conditions: At the end of the challenge period, We will determine the Top 10 Bingers based on the first ten (10) participants who have the highest number of minutes viewed in total across all specified episodes of the featured shows (“Winners ”).
  • Rewatching episodes counts towards your watching time.

We hope this helps answer some of your questions. We’ve also updated the FAQ page which you can view here.

Happy bingeing!

Best,

The Viki Community Team

3 Likes

@lutra, viki staff here I’d say always do conform to American times and the PST - Pacific Time Zone which is California time and dates start with the month then day and year. Time is always only 0-12 and AM - ante meridiem (before noon) or PM - post meridiem (after noon).

We have to think the American ways :wink: I hope this helps others.

1 Like

I know. (Oh, 10 digits … now more.)

1 Like

I’m just bringing this back to current topics, in case someone hasn’t seen it’s happening. There’s still time to get at least the 4 drama specific badges, make sure to follow the link in the first post, RSVP & watch before the challenge ends.

2 Likes

@sweetybirdtoo
Thank you for the reminder :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did they announced the top 10 already?

1 Like

The challenge already ended. I’m curious who are the top 10 bingers. :smiley:

1 Like

Can’t wait to see the badges. Anyone got them already?

2 Likes

They haven’t announced anywhere that I’ve seen, I never got an email update on the top 10 during the challenge either. Hopefully we’ll see something soon.

2 Likes