Common mistakes being replicated in English

In all honesty, when I first subscribed to Viki, I was under the impression that the subtitling process worked similar to how U.S. movies/shows are done in Europe, internally by a channel or studio, with an additional dub if you’re Disney. I then learnt that Viki actually uses volunteers, and some dramas will forever remain incomplete. Personal feelings on the matter aside, how can I ever fault the people who do things for free and out of their own free time?
God bless you all!

1 Like

Thanks. I have to add that a lot of great subbers left bc they couldn’t deal with the constant criticism from the viewers. In regards to the incomplete subbed dramas, I think it comes from the teams ‘‘dissolving’’ midway through the drama or movie etc, and the drama ends up in what I call ‘‘limbo world.’’

For example, I mainly like to work doing subs for Spanish dramas but some ppl. in the team were so rude that I just left, and now I see the drama with no subs, and left untouched. Why? because some ppl in here are hard to work with, and since we all do this for FREE, no one stays in a team putting up with all the ‘‘drama’’ some ppl. cause here.

I know this ‘‘free volunteer subbing system’’ is going to end soon, and better changes will come along the way, but of course with some cost $$$ on the way, and no more QC status and whatever. the free volunteer ‘‘work’’ offers here at Rviki site. As long as better quality segments, subtitles, and completely subbed dramas are offered, I believe we should all be very happy .:relaxed::slight_smile::laughing::slight_smile:

If they were rude to you, then shame on them. Please report them and ask to have their status removed. Oh, it doesn’t matter. The volunteering system is fundamentally broken anyway. Getting treated like crap and working for free? No, thank you. With those embedded subs showing up as of late, I agree that the system will end soon, at least for Kdrama.

1 Like