Cookies should not prevent Team Discussion

I’m not sure if it still possible, but when I access Viki website it asks for the privacy settings, when I scroll to the bottom there is a box of Reject all. With that I can access whole web including discussions, what I can’t access is disqus or the commenting section on viki web on the show page and in the Editor. But yesterday when I clicked on a viki page link on my iphone I didn’t see the reject all box. I know Europe did some privacy protection change in summer 2023 and many websites do not offer now options in settings, some do only few options you can deny including others that are fixed and it states a number of how many partners they can share your access and your surfing other webs one website had even around 700 partners… meaning they are selling your information but what is now data protection declaration as they call it in Europe… ?

It’s a joke there is no protection if websites sell or share all your access to other companies, it has nothing to do with security… it’s all business… and so I can’t visit some websites to search for products since they require all access if you want to use them or half page is plastered with the data protections paragraph and it prevents you to use website unless you agree.

I think generation Z isn’t even paying attention to this and just agrees to whatever… in order to use a website… we are again digital slaves one more time…

2 Likes