Did VIKI give the annual gifts to QCs last year?

There’s a big chance that the shipping cost covered the actual product’s cost. Last year they were giving away stuff that could in all sum up to 11$ for that matter . VIKI is not a charity and even charities get profit from different sources. However, it’s clear that having happy QCs is not VIKI’s priority from now on unless you want to believe that no matter what.

1 Like

that’s exactly my point! :wink:

I know what you mean. I don’t even care for those meager “annual gift” stuff, but this whole marketing tactic was really low! It really felt like an insult to volunteers. I didn’t use the virtual gift card but I know there are other volunteers out there that actually cherish these little things, especially those in foreign countries, and I felt bad for them for having to pay so much shipping fee.

2 Likes

I didn’t use my giftcard either because it felt weird to pay for a gift… while the shirt I wanted didn’t cover the whole card so I had to pay shipping which wasn’t that expensive for me but at the same time throw away money. That just felt a bit weird.

I think that they got so many QC’s so sending all of us a gift will cost a fortune but on the other hand without volunteers no Viki.

And if I’m not mistaken people who have a shop on spreadshirt get a small percentage from the sales on spreadshirt. Maybe spreadshirt has different payment systems for companies and individuals who open a shop though.