Discord and viki volunteers

this is it. anyone interested can join!

13 Likes

I encourage all those reluctant to give the Discord server a chance! It is far beyond what Viki offers us now on Discussion and Inbox. Personally, I intend to switch to organizing teams by project on Discord! :wink:

5 Likes

It’s also just a lovely place to chat with other volunteers in real-time and where you won’t get a notification to talk to other people as well haha

7 Likes

Or you won’t have to write paragraphs for simple things :joy: like we do on Discussions.

7 Likes

Okay,
Calmer waters on the threads :joy:
I’m looking forward to the podcast.

4 Likes

It’s also more casual. You don’t have to stick to one topic and one alone. You can react to other people’s comments with more just a heart. You learn new things about people you virtually know for years.

I think Discord does bring this community much closer than Discussions ever will.

10 Likes

even i am very excited! i wonder what i will talk over there!

1000% truee!

3 Likes

I’ll have to join soon! :grin:
I miss the days when chatrooms were a thing. lol

7 Likes

And it’s members-only, whereas on Discussions the entire world can read along.

10 Likes

Ooh, important point.

4 Likes

but i am feeling much safer on discord and i am able to talk freely over there.

6 Likes

Question, do we stay with our Viki username or create a new one?

3 Likes

Please try to stick with your viki username so we can recognize you easily. Most of us have done the same.

4 Likes

You can do both. Outside our Viki community server, you can have any name that suits you. Inside the Viki server, you can have your Viki username.

I’ve done the same. Outside the server, I have a different username.

7 Likes

So, since I don’t have a Discord account, if I click on the above invitation, I should keep my Viki username?

4 Likes

It’s upto you. Just like Viki, you can change your username whenever you want.

4 Likes

If you see yourself using your Discord account for other purposes later on (not unthinkable once you get into Discord), you could create a more “personal” account and use Viki’s username only on Community’s server.

6 Likes

Viki Community Discord just got itself another user.:wink: I can’t keep up with all the chats but I want to at least show my support.

8 Likes

I’m there for when the podcast gets going, it’s unfamiliar territory for me, and at the start seems a bit too busy in it’s layout. Yup, I’m there for supporting too, and it’s kind of the thing you do isn’t it, when that’s where friends, and family are, you tend to put everything aside, and roll up your sleeves. :joy:

8 Likes