Discussions on channel pages

In case this discussion already exists or I caught the wrong board - please move there

Just a few days ago I commented and replied and now I can no longer do that.
I am not registered with Disqus, only did this via my Viki account.
What could that be, can someone help, please?

3 Likes

I can’t use Disqus at this point either.

Just to make sure, I clicked at the bottom of the page on Cookie Settings and pressed “Allow All”, refreshed the page, and that didn’t work.

A glitch?

6 Likes

@leerla73
Has posted the same problem here

I had the same problem in the past and going through it 3 times I am not longer willing to deal with it so I am saving time making or replying to comments in channels. Basta!

You can try your cookie setting, or wait 2-3 days, or/and write a request to Viki. Sometimes it goes the same way it came, just like that.

5 Likes

This also happened to me for about a month.
Then one day, the problem magically disappeared. I didn’t do anything, so I guess it was a glitch.

6 Likes

I see that I’m not the only person affected by this. I was reportedly banned by Viki on Discus.
I sent a note the Viki’s Help desk on August 5.

7 Likes

I have the same issue. I was able to comment a few days ago but now I cannot. It happened to me before about 6 months ago. I wasn’t able to post any comments and then suddenly it was back. Maybe it’ a technical error I decided to wait a few days to see if it comes back. I wanted to leave a message of encouragement for a new drama, and I did notice that other people have been able to leave a message there today so it does not seem to affect all users. If anyone knows what is going on, let us know.

5 Likes

I’ve done the same. No change.

4 Likes

Beats me, maybe they are markedly untangling Disqus from Viki. Also edits, and any of those functions via the desktop view are not accessible. They never were available via the App, and I’d have to go to desktop to access. I hope they fix all, and allow them via desktop, and the App. I don’t want to create a Disqus account to use comments for Viki :expressionless:

6 Likes

But I could discuss in the app; only discuss, no reply.
So I’m not “banned” or something.

4 Likes

I just realized that I couldn’t join any discussion on channel pages too. I found it weird a few days ago when there was no “dialogue box” available but didn’t think too much about it then.

What’s happening? Another glitch or a new Viki policy?

6 Likes

There are other things amiss on the site, as well. For example, in your profile, Following and Followers are empty.

Every glitch happening right now I just attribute to the switch to a new server or system or platform they mentioned started in June.

5 Likes

Mine’s still intact! :joy: Maybe yours does that kaleidoscope thing, where everything gets shifted before you press, or type anything . . .

Normally after everything is settled, it will be somewhere on the page

2 Likes

I think it’s a more permanent problem. Lookie…

3 Likes

Mine is still normal, but I don´t know until when. My problem is on Disqus, I can´t make any comment in the channel page :-(.

5 Likes

It’s funny, because I can totally use Disqus in the Subtitle Editor. Which means the issue is not with Disqus, but with Viki.

4 Likes

Since today, the “reply” and the “post” options are not available to me on Disqus on Viki. Even if I am logged in. I can only “share”.
However, I can comment all I want and reply all I want on Disqus on other websites, and also on the Disqus platform itself.

7 Likes

It seems that the connection with Disqus is not working in the comments section. As I’m not logged in, I can’t comment or reply. :frowning: I hope Viki fixes this soon.

5 Likes

The glitches could be due to that June switch, or not.
In my case, the following and followers boxes have been “unseen” for months already. I know the listings exist because if you click on the Rakuten Viki Volunteer Community logo (top left corner of inbox page), you can see the listings and other contribution info there.

I looked further into this (which is an issue on PC only; the mobile app works fine), and realized that my Disqus account on other streaming platforms works just fine. So it has to be a Viki issue or glitch.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: The emotional rollercoaster :roller_coaster: is real :joy:

2 Likes

Whew! :sweat_smile:
My Viki Access just popped up on desktop :desktop_computer: :keyboard: :computer: but it’s still limping. :confused:
Screenshot_20210806-210929_Chrome

3 Likes