Do Scandals Affect Your Viewing?

way to go ADRIAN, THATSA THE WAY WE OUGHT TO BE!
and as for me, I didn’t know there was a scandal

4 Likes

Lol :rofl: , yes I watched Melting me Softly , Suspicious Partner , Empress Ki and Healer.

4 Likes

Next is Love Struck in the City! And Fabricated City and K2

3 Likes

I heard about K2 storyline , is it a good drama?

3 Likes

It sounds interesting :laughing:

1 Like

Ah, nah, only scandal that affected me was

Where the main actor got changed after ep6.

I don’t tend to follow what the actors do, I don’t know them personally so. I tend to like the character and story rather than the actor, who anyways isn’t the same as the character. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s pretty good-- lots of action and JCW looking AWESOME, crazy, realistic politics that shocked me…only the romance was a little underdeveloped, but whatever, on the whole, it was an interesting watch!

1 Like

Our character Badam, acted by actor Kim Nam Gil, from, The Great Queen Seondeok. It was horrible to have read news about his very inappropriate conduct years back, before I got into shows he starred in, it really put me off. This countered with other readings I’ve read, he’s a talented actor, with great reviews.

I’d already watched Inspiring Generation, and Playful Kiss. So when actor Kim Hyun Joong news broke, I was more into digging to finding out all the details. I mean, he was already in my K-Drama family. My dukes were up, who’s trying to mess with family.

Actor Park Shi Hoo, he too had negative conduct news break about him, almost derailing his career. Another K-Drama family, from watching him in The Princess Man, and Iljimae. I followed him on Weibo, checking his post, seeing how he did, during, and after, I’ll tell you, his posts were typically human, when things go wrong in our lives, very somber. He took time to be alone, and quite. Gradually, finally, gradually he returned to life, and living!
https://asianwiki.com/The_Princess’_Man

yes suspense, myster really a good one,

1 Like

Yeah I want to eventually stop following the actors and focus on the art. I’m relatively new to kdramas so I just feel like following the news/articles is a part of the experience, but it is quite unproductive. Its all either irrelevant fluff or scandals. I have definitely grown weary of it so I guess im trending in the right direction

4 Likes

Thank you :grinning:

Thanks , I will watch that next :smile:

1 Like

It’s a great drama. Don’t miss the bathhouse action scene. :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation , will look out for that scene :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

please, the whole thing was so blurred everywhere that I didn’t know when one guy started and the other guy ended :rofl: I was staring at my screen wondering what on earth I was watching :see_no_evil:
we have totally diverted from the topic, I’m sorry, topic creator!

4 Likes

Lol :joy: :woman_facepalming:t6:

2 Likes

As we have seen in dramas how quickly you can manipulate the media and public, it is very hard to see what is true and what not… even netizens can write untruth just to make a person or a company look bad… I have no trust in Korean media or whatever, many things are controlled with money or greed. Even truthful events get buried under the carpet.
So any reporting I can only take with a grain of salt since we seldom know what it true, there is lots of hear saying in order to achieve something, whether money or damage to the person or company.

When watching a drama with the person who is accused of something, did it happened “at work” yes or not? What they did in personal life I cannot know, only the law can prosecute those who broke the law, everything else is beyond a doubt.

What the mass is doing to damage accused people is the same form of bullying, how different is this?

And finally, is there a human who never ever did some mistakes in their life and regretted such choice… some mistakes are not intended and some are due to poor judgement… and if it breaks laws there should be consequences…

7 Likes

Stemming from the original scandal from Moon River Rises…

So looks like Ji Soo is no longer under contract…

I wonder if he will ever come back as an actor🤷‍♀️

3 Likes

Whenever I read stuff like this, I imagine a world where unimportant celebrity magazines are in power. I absolutely don’t care, and I’m rather shocked how bored some netizens etc. must be to discuss Chinese food, possible misbehavior in middle school and their own weird relationships. I really doubt that in our country anyone would care about such “scandals”. It’s a scandal if you actually committed a crime or if you say something that’s considered racism - but except for some tiny magazine for young people, no one would care about the rest.

Maybe they have too much money to blow or something, I don’t know. It’s not like I consider actors or actresses as someone to look up to and while I would never justify bullying either for many reasons, I don’t think that this should be the way to deal with it.

7 Likes

Similar to sending a food truck from a fan club to a celebrity cuz HORRORS he decided to what DATE! It really bothers me that a person’s livelihood can be effected in such a way because people post, photograph, post videos, get behind their computer and spout hate or whatever they do if they feel like they need to destroy a celebrity or whomever - WHY!

3 Likes

I’m worried for his mental health yes! Very much so - you took the words right out of my mouth! Waited until he had a ML roll waited until they could destroy him - I’m not saying bullying is right - I worked in school’s ALOT and I watched it! But he was a middle school kid. I would hate for people to bring up stuff from a lot of people’s skeletons in their closet from when they were a kid. I’m afraid that his career is over - and he might have to compensate through the lawsuit but hopefully he can rise above and learn from it. I will be here to watch his return if he does decide not to retire. It would not affect me viewing a new drama with Ji Soo- I think he is talented and I hope he comes back to the fans that love him…

I also think Lee Seung Gi - shouldn’t be BULLIED by a fan group sending a MEAN Coffee truck to bully him about his relationship - Isn’t that a double standard.?

2 Likes