Do Scandals Affect Your Viewing?

I recently watched a video about two Chinese actors who were “shipped” by fans because they played two lovers in The Untamed.
Some sicko “writer” wanted to ride on their popularity to gain recognition, so she wrote a very sleazy fanfic novel about one working as a male prostitute who had a relationship with a high-school boy etc. And it was very graphic and X X X -rated.
Bear in mind that in China BL content is banned, and of course intercourse with minors is illegal everywhere. The key thing here is that the author used the actors’ real names for her characters! It was posted on two different platforms.
Anyway, his fans tried to have the fanfic eliminated but weren’t able to do so. At the end, they made a formal report to the government, and the Chinese government shut down the whole platforms.
Then, the people who were using the platforms were very pissed for losing the access to that content, and they started a massive boycott of the actor, which led to his cancellation for almost a whole year. He had many advertisement contracts, he was brand ambassador for really big names etc. All gone!
Not only that, he received vile insults and threats to himself and his family etc.
It’s a very scary story. The details here:

The scariest thing is that some people are still blaming him because he couldn’t “control his fans”.
I didn’t even know this actor, as I haven’t watched “The Untamed”, but frankly if I were his fan I would have done the same thing as they did.

3 Likes

It all comes down to people controlling themselves, and if they don’t, they should get their means of inflicting harm taken away.

This is where these big brands should be held accountable. They have the means to fact check prior to pulling their signage. Trust me, if they back up their signee, it will shut many mouths before the damage is done, and things escalate. They need to be held accountable.
They could have literally banded, and directly addressed the poster, and the operator of the platform to remove, such postings. Thus forcing the platforms operators to take action, and change operating policy to prevent anyone from similar future postings.

As a government whose role is publicly known, this is not surprising.

1 Like

:astonished:
Angelababy, Lisa, and Zhang Jiani, Cancelled, and being cancelled. See time stamp 8:16.
!https://youtu.be/-7F8RB8pfds?feature=shared

1 Like

The Censorship is going too far… it’s not even in China yet controlled by them.
They have their arms everywhere to control their citizens. It was also recently the talk about it, that they do control in Europe and Switzerland as well and it’s against people’s rights or freedom.

The ugly side of this country the ever control of the citizens, for things that aren’t’ criminal.

That brings me to the latest addition of the Singapore airport. You do not need your passport to enter and leave. Your facial recognition will be your passport, so I read.
Welcome to digital life where ever footprint will be recorded…

1 Like

Ha!-Haha!

Ugly indeed.

The younger folks seem to like.

1 Like

For “older folks” like me, knowing about Stasi, “Cold War” times, it is still creepy, I can’t help it. There will be a time when there is no electricity for an hour and people won’t know what to do with themselves or think the world will end.

2 Likes