Do you cook?

1 Like

It’s too much there, oh the calories…

I made a preserve with Italian plums, I used the pectin supplement in order to use 1/2 of recommended amount of sugar and it also helps with less cooking time, long cooking time removed all the good things… or downsizes it a lot. In fact Italian plums have already a lot of pectin… it gelled really quickly and tastes heavenly :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A month ago I made blackberries preserve, hmmm yummy and the wonderberries even with added pectin did not gel at all, just a sauce… (my son’s experiment in growing those, because the preserve is supposedly really tasty :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

I stumbled over this funny cook, I’m not fan of SPAM (food) but his ways of cooking are entertaining and creative!!! :yum:

2 Likes

now that looks appetizing,interesting!!!

1 Like

@feyfayer the season has started and I got today 3 packs of 6 persimmons each, some are very ripe others not so… have to lookup the video again. Hope you finde some too, the dried ones are really tasty!

1 Like

Yay! I hope it goes well :smile:
I usually order my persimmons, so if they are available again I’ll order a box :blush:

2 Likes

I’d really like4 to find some. hm, wonder if farmers’ market has them. will check that out.

2 Likes

ok, y’all I have put those awesome cakes on the cafe link, but thought this would be a change, and it shows a link hoi can go to for training

I can teach you all of this! Learn how with my easy to follow step by step online tutorials 💕 https://kerrysbouqcakes.co.uk/

and I did check, you can click on the link to check it out. oooooooooo those cupcakes look so fantastic.

2 Likes

Pumpkin Cookies! 🎃

(Bake @ 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes)

1 Like

Add these cupcakes to the list of beautiful things I wouldn’t be able to eat. They are SO gorgeous. I’m in love with the color palette even though I’m not usually into pinks.

1 Like

I think you are in South Carolina… I think these come from California or are imported from Europe… the season of selling them in Europe is just starting now…
Checkout if Walmart food section have those, otherwise… I don’t know the grocers in your state, but you could try to check them online… so you don’t have to go to visit many stores…

You are lucky that you can order these online in a box, I have not seen such in Switzerland, unless I don’t know the sources… but some discounter sell them cheap, regular food stores are selling them expensive… food prices went here incredible up, up to 20% some… is this really justified? Then you read how much profit they made… :sweat_smile:

People it’s venison season!! :yum: :deer:

I made deer stew with onions and peppers and red wine, I found a Rioja at home, but I think other red wine would taste better…
There are so many good recipes for venison and the side dishes :yum:

Here some idea of cooking it, the vegetable selection can vary, wild mushroom would be preferred. Quite often is venison stew accompanied with cooked chestnust, some starch like Spätzle and either another veggie like brussel sprouts or red cabbage and a blanched pear with a tart preserve usually cranberries.

2 Likes

cake to go along with the venison

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

heres something we all need. well at least I do!

1 Like

Zucchini Patties

• 2 cups grated zucchini

• 2 eggs, beaten

• ¼ cup chopped onion

• ½ cup all-purpose flour

• ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

• ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

• salt to taste

• 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil

1. In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese, and salt. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly.

2. Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping Tablespoonfuls and then flatten down with a spatula to form a patty shape and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.

Follow Tasteful Recipes for more delicious recipes!🤤

2 Likes

That looks delicious! I bet we can make them in the Air Fryer. I never thought I would like the air fryer since in my mind (it only fried stuff), but contrary to my belief it can ‘‘bake’’ too. I’m not fond for fried food so when my oldest daughter gave me one as a gift for Christmas, I didn’t even bothered to open it. That is, until I got my gorgeous new Kitchen, and it looked so nice on my counter, too.

To make a long story short, my youngest daughter went through the booklet, and got me curious to try it, and if you follow the directions well, it will work wonders. I did ‘‘baked chicken’’ and it was moist (but can never make up for baked chicken in an oven). IT is a lifesaver when you have to rush and cook fast. It was well done, moist and taste good enough for me. One tip, use olive oil spray (is suggested) and marinate the meat so the flavor --sticks-- it can be bland if you seasoned and cook immediately (learned the hard way). Bon Appetit!

1 Like

1 Like

Does anyone like homemade veggie soup? how about our different countries, your homemade soup, do share. what about bone broth soup? again do share

oh yeah a p/s here, cause its getting cold, want some warm and different soups!!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

someone gave me some venison last week, and I made the stew, oh it was so good. I added mixed veggies to mine, no chestnuts, or wine. I have at least 5 more cups of the stew.I wanted something for cold weather, and I got it!!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//y’all got any good recipies for upcoming holidays??

1 Like

I bought locally grown apples :apple::apple:, the tray was 6 kilos about 13 lbs, some apples were really big and very red, they were discounted so I paid about $7.50.
I’m making apple chips in my dehydrator with 5 trays, I have just the cheap version, in the US I had one from goodwill for 5 bucks, almost same looking.
I did now 10 trays it sounds a lot, but the slices can’t be too compact placed, so it isn’t that much yet. I also do not use lemon or citric acid…
I’m making some for give away as a healthy snack… I’m thinking if I should also do banana :thinking:

The other apples will be for apple sauce and conserving in jars some also for give away.

I finally prepped 10 persimmons these are really big and have no stems :roll_eyes: so I have to insert a toothpick on top where I attached the string and hung them on a hanger that hangs on lamp now :laughing:
I’ll add a picture later. Anyone dehydrating fruits or vegetables or even meat for jerky, or just prepping something for winter?

3 Likes

CANDY CANE SNOWMEN ⛄️

https://babygizmo.com/candy-cane-snowman-tutorial-video/

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I have gotta try this one!!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Crayons & Cravings

🖨 GET THE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE HERE: https://crayonsandcravings.com/christmas-tree-cupcakes/

📌 OR PIN FOR LATER: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/34691859616506501/

Easy Christmas Tree Cone Cupcakes

CRAYONSANDCRAVINGS.COM

Easy Christmas Tree Cone Cupcakes

3 Likes

Those should be good, and easy to put together. :heavy_heart_exclamation::blush:

2 Likes