Do you cook?

Crayons & Cravings is with Andrea Lissa Zuñiga Orig .

·

The SWEETEST way to start your Christmas 🎄🎅⭐️

PRINT THE RECIPE --> https://bit.ly/3Eg50I8

May be an image of food and text that says 'CHRISTMAS MONKEY BREAD refrigerated biscuit dough Hershey Kisses white sugar brown sugar cinnamon butter sprinkles'

2 Likes

1 Like

I used to make these many years ago, so thought I would share this

2 Likes

I cook a lot! I cook plenty things and I like to try something new… like korean food, japanese or chinese food (I live in province of Quebec at Canada) . I’m a mom of 3 childrens so I cook at every day, so I keep it simple on the week and at week end I have more time for cook.

pumkincake

2 Likes

Ingredients

Pie Crust:

• ▢1 9-inch pie crust (see recipe link in notes)

Apple Filling:

• ▢8 cups apples (peeled, cored, sliced thin (about 5 large apples or 8 small apples), see note about varieties)
  • ▢½ cup sugar
  • ▢¼ cup all purpose flour
  • ▢1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • ▢2 tablespoons lemon juice

Crumb Topping:

• ▢⅔ cup brown sugar
  • ▢1 cup all-purpose flour
  • ▢6 tablespoons butter (chilled and cut into tiny cubes)
  • ▢½ teaspoon cinnamon

Instructions

• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and arrange racks so that the pie can cook on the bottom rack. Line an 8-inch pie pan with crust. Fold over edges and pinch to flute. Set prepared dish on a large baking sheet that is lined with a silpat, parchment paper, or foil.

homemade butter pie crust for Dutch Apple Pie

• In a large bowl, combine apples, ½ cup sugar, ¼ cup flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and lemon juice. Toss to coat.

sliced apples for Dutch Apple Pie recipe

• To make the crumble topping, combine the brown sugar, 1 cup flour, the chilled butter pieces and the remaining cinnamon using a pastry blender in a large bowl. You want your butter to remain as small chunks about the size of a pea.

• To assemble pie, mound apples on top of crust.

cinnamon apples in homemade crust for Dutch Apple Pie recipe

• Then, carefully spoon on crumble topping, taking care not to spill too much over the edges and pressing down onto the apples as needed to make it stick.

crumb topping on Dutch Apple Pie

• Place prepared pie on baking sheet on bottom rack of oven. Cook for about 1 hour. If topping starts to brown, loosely tent with foil.

• Allow pie to cool at least 30min to an hour, however it will slice best if you allow pie to fully cool.

freshly baked Dutch Apple Pie

Notes

• Recipe makes one large pie.
  • Recipe for the best pie crust: https://selfproclaimedfoodie.com/not-your-mamas-all-butter-pie-crust/
  • Best varieties of apples : I prefer a mixture of granny smith with something sweet and crisp like a Honeycrisp.
  • Be sure to set your pie on a lined baking sheet. This will prevent oven spills and make for easy clean up.
  • This pie is fantastic on it’s own, or you can serve a la mode with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

NUTRITION INFORMATION

Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 123mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 220IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg

} selfproclaimedfoodie@gmail.com via amazonses.com

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SMALL BATCH ALMOND JOY COOKIES 😍

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/8 cups all purpose flour (1 cup plus two tablespoons)

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup butter softened (1 stick)

1/3 cup sugar

1/3 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 egg

1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

1 cup sweetened coconut flakes (shredded coconut)

3/4 cup sliced almonds

INSTRUCTIONS:

Step1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Step2: In small bowl whisk to combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

Step3: Using mixer cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and egg and mix just until incorporated. Slowly blend the dry mixture into the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, coconut flakes and sliced almonds.

Step4: Using 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop drop by rounded spoonfuls onto parchment covered cookie sheets.

Step5: Bake for 9-12 minutes. Allow to cool for ten minutes before moving to cookie cooling racks.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

a sugar binge??

Grumpy’s Honeybunch

·

Grandma’s Chocolate Pie

Ingredients:

1 deep dish pie crust

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup sugar

1/3 cup cornstarch

1/4 cup cocoa powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

3 eggs

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup heavy cream

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

2. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt.

3. Add eggs one at a time, whisking until well blended.

4. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Pour mixture into pie crust.

5. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.

6. In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream and cocoa powder. Pour over pie.

7. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

2 Likes

I have a sugar pumpkin and want to use it for pumpkin pie…I just didn’t find the time yet but will soon… :yum:

1 Like

Look what I just saw on weibo :roll_eyes: deepfried green grapes, :grapes::popcorn: and popcorn. I guess these would be good for decorating instead of eating - way too much oil.
If this link does not view, that’s weibo for you, they have a viewing expiration time on shares outside of weibo (:cn: China :cn:). I’d say it’s good to view for a month at least.
https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:4829503797788722
Screenshot_20221119-015250_Chrome Screenshot_20221119-015252_Chrome Screenshot_20221119-015422_Chrome Screenshot_20221119-015306_Chrome Screenshot_20221119-015308_Chrome Screenshot_20221119-015312_Chrome

2 Likes

Cooking… What is that term?
Cooking is the only thing that I want to do but can’t do and so don’t do.
My mother has this problem with me.
(Insert Dramatic Music in the background and Yelling South Asian Mother)
"Girls your age are handling their families of 10 to 12 people. What are you doing? Volunteering? Well, I don’t see anything. When I was your age, blah blah blah…"
Till the end of the day.
I don’t know how to cook. Once I though of boiling rice, it became everything but not boiled rice.
When my mother asked me, “So What is THIS?”
I was like, “Oh, a new recipe, I guess.”
And the last thing I remember of that event is me not getting to eat dinner.
There are many incidents related to cooking.
Other than making the perfect “Chai” (Tea) and frying an egg, I can’t do anything related to cooking.
Often times, I just look at the YouTube videos appreciating the cook, but I would never try to cook I guess.
It is hard, scary, horrific, terrifying, terrible, tough, requiring-extreme-talent, and a thing-I-can-never-do.
I praise the girls who can cook. They are legends. Cooks should be written down in history.
I guess my answer became long. So, I should stop it here. Otherwise, I have plenty of other stories to tell.

1 Like

If you say you can’t cook, but you can write in a entertaining way :wink: Not everyone is born a good cook… if you had to survive, would you cook?
Try taking cooking class you might discover something, if you feel forced to cook then the outcome will likely not be good, but cooking can be fun too!
Good luck trying, if no one cooks for you ever, there is no restaurant running, how would you eat then?

This topic is also for posting anything regarding cooking, baking, and recipes :yum::yum:

2 Likes

Honey GarlicJerk Salmon
Screenshot_20221229-151536_YouTube
Screenshot_20221229-153615_YouTube Screenshot_20221229-153510_YouTube
https://youtu.be/cp1KSjLosb8
Coleslaw, Jamaican style
Screenshot_20221229-153303_YouTube

1 Like

ok, NC USA the south, more of a tradition than anything. and no I don’t cook them

2 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::joy: The things they do to make you eat your vegetables, and what proteins they have on hand. :rofl:

3 Likes

Amish Friendship Bread Starter

Ingredients

1/4 cup warm water

1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 cup granulated sugar

1 cup milk

Instructions

Day 1: In a small bowl, combine the warm water and yeast and set aside until bubbly, 5-10 minutes. In a large non-metal bowl mix together flour and sugar, before stirring in the milk and yeast mixture.

Cover loosely and allow to stand at room temperature until bubbly. Pour into a one gallon ziplock bag and seal. Allow to sit at room temperature.

Day 2: Mash the bag.

Day 3: Mash the bag.

Day 4: Mash the bag.

Day 5: Mash the bag.

Day 6: Add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup milk. Mash the bag until well mixed.

Day 7: Mash the bag.

Day 8: Mash the bag.

Day 9: Mash the bag.

Day 10: Pour starter into a non-metal bowl and add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup milk. Mix well with a non-metal spoon. Divide out 1 cup portions of the starter into separate 1 gallon ziplock bags. Keep one bag for yourself, and give the rest away to friends along with this recipe

oh me, forgot cooking instructionas, my apologies

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Amish Broccoli Salad… This is to die for…

INGREDIENTS

1 head broccoli

1 head cauliflower

1 cup mayonnaise

1 cup sour cream

Full recipe: recipesfiber.com/amish-broccoli-salad

[///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/-W2vphLd0y8
Screenshot_20230128-230931_YouTube Screenshot_20230128-231022_YouTube

2/6/2023
https://youtu.be/nOhYjyPoCdM
Screenshot_20230206-224502_YouTube

2 Likes

Alltogether 3 cups flour and 3 cups sugar the sugar content is too much for me. For any cake recipe or what I reduce sugar, I know sugar is somewhat needed also a regular bread doesn’t need any sugar and if sugar use also a small amount of substitute like stevia or birch sugar.

Sugar is often the cause of many diseases or health issues. I don’t sugar tea nor coffee but that’s a personal preference, just saying

I tried once to make yeast with raisins… can’t remember the ration raisins and water, but it was a slow rise dough and had a smooth taste to it.

2 Likes

Same, many, many years ago, and it’s not missed. Nor any beverages freshly made. Honey is used when desired. The sugar is unavoidable in bottled beverages.

2 Likes

True. And I really rarely drink any bottled beverage like soda pops or ice tea or fruit juices, I have several double walled thermos I use for coffee, tea or iced home made tea or just water and I carry these in my car or on trips, another story is with wine that also contains sugar. :open_mouth:
Also maple sirup isn’t too bad :wink:

1 Like

Thankfully :laughing::joy::rofl: I’m not a drinker. :rofl:

1 Like

doggie cake…

3 Likes