Do you like K-pop? If so what's your favorite group or idol?

I am a pretty big fan of Kpop, I am a Blink (Blackpink), Army (BTS), Orbit (Loona) and an A.I Trooper (AleXa)

My favorite group is Blackpink (Jisoo, Jennie, Lisa and Rosé)
My favorite idol is AleXa

6 Likes

The only K-pop group I like and will always like is "Big Bang and EXO. Sorry I don’t like any of the girl group most of them is really bubble gum. I like male and female solo artists to name one is female south Korean singer Ali, and Moon Myungjin and Rain and Park Jin Young known as JYP. And American born korean Jay Park.

8 Likes

I get what you mean, I don’t really like fluffy and cute songs that’s why I tend to stay away from Girls Generation and Twice (no offence to the groups themselves or their fans) That’s why I really like AleXa’s style of music, her style is EDM and cyber punk (but not excessive) She’s a way underrated idol in my opinion. If you would like to listen to her most popular song, here’s the link Bomb ~ AleXa

3 Likes

I like a lot of different kinds of music, including some K-pop. My favourite K-pop band, or at least the first one I really liked, is Sechskies:

I also like J-Walk (= two members of Sechskies):

And, to add a girl group, lol, I also like Mamamoo:

6 Likes

Thanks for the YouTube link I did check AleXa out, she seem more like a solo pop artists with background voices or maybe her own voice is being double over with dancers behind her. She seem to be more up beat and kind of daring in her video a bit different.

1 Like

I like to listen to a sample of different groups, but I am a BTOB Melody (as you can see from my profile picture). I also really like the band Hopippolla (thanks to one of the users on Viki who posted a video about them, I’m now a fan :smiley:).

I don’t listen to many girl groups, if at all. I also do not like the concepts they do; however, the one girl group that I listen to is Ladies Code (they have disbanded I think, or at least they are on a long hiatus). I don’t mind listening to solo artists, though.

4 Likes

@peggyroyster_409 @_aurora_rose

It’s not all bubbly… Please check out Dreamcatcher and their Thriller-like MVs such as:

As for solo performances, Moonbyul and Hwasa of Mamamoo are absolute Queens:

3 Likes

My favorite group is BTOB. I knew about them since 2012-2013 and I’m a fan since 2015.

I watched Road to Kingdom a while ago and the 3 group I was most impressed by were Pentagon, ONF and TOO. I also like their own songs, so I’m trying to follow their music a bit more.

A while ago, I made a list of all Korean music acts I could find, boy groups, girl groups, solo artists, bands etc. because I wanted to discover to me unknown songs. Just because a group is not well-known it doesn’t mean their music is bad, right? In this way I disovered many good solo artists (Minseo, Lee Jin Ah, Kwon JIn Ah) and a band called W24. They have a huge fanbase in Latin-America, because one of the members was born and raised in Chile and speaks fluent Spanish.

I don’t really listen to girl groups, but two that I like are Apink and Weki Meki.

2 Likes

My favorite kpop groups are Seventeen and BTS. My favorite idol from BTS is Taehyung (V) and my favorite idol from Seventeen is Joshua. I enjoy watching Blackpink and Mamamoo as well! It was a little difficult to get into Seventeen as they had many members, but I am now a true CARAT!

3 Likes

Thanks, but maybe I should explain myself a bit more clearer I am more into Korean “solo singers” with voices without all the glitz and superficial display or extravagant. And other words REAL voices that can sing without all the fuss. Korean singer name Ali is that kind of singer and Moon Myungjin I am not really interest in none of the others only if they are “solo artists” who have excellent voices than I am interest. The only k-pop boy group I like is Big Bang and EXO all other I pay no attention to and that includes all girl k-pop I do not care for. My main interest is Korean and Chinese Drama.

4 Likes

I completely understand. We all have our preferences. But it would pain me greatly if I didn’t insist Moonbyul and Hwasa are anything but your typical Barbie dolls. They are REAL… Real women, real artists, real people. Of course, you don’t have to pay any attention to them, just keep an ear open :wink:

4 Likes

I’m hardcore EXO-L, but I also love soloists TAEYEON and Punch. Their voices are really amazing. I stan EXO for their very, very strong vocal line (in my opinion). :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Exactly. REAL doesn’t by definition equal SOLO. This lovely duo is prove of that:

1 Like

I haven’t been following the K-pop scene for a very, very long time so I’m very out of date :laughing: When I used to follow the scene, my favourites were Super Junior (it was them who got me into the scene), Shinhwa and KimJongkook.

2 Likes

I also understand, though I would argue that artists like IU and Hwa Sa are REAL voices. Speaking their own personal stories through their songs. But I know what you mean.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply if you notice I said in one of my other post “Solo Artist” IU is more of a one person voice which mean Solo, when I say real Voices not all solo artists have the same voice level and control using their voice. Some are in the low range and some can go higher and low Korean ALI is one such artist not too many have her range and control.

As a young Korean singer Ali is well known and respected there is a very popular Korean TV music competition show called “Immortal Songs” where singers go against each others, not many have her range of voice. Ali is known on that show as the Queen. Sure there are others but few.

What I call “real voice” are Korean singers that Do Not need studio using musical technicians to mix or add to their voice or to double over their voice. Real voices are pure in sound no add on, or enhancement, just the music is added like piano, violin, cello, guitar etc. I guess because I am also a violinist my ears are well tune for sounds ranges of pitches that a human voice can phonate.

2 Likes

Yes! I love Kpop like any newbie, I’ve listened to old & new songs to get better acquainted :sob: Current my fav groups are CLC & BTS​:heart::heart:

2 Likes

My fav groups are BTS Stray Kids Got7 Monsta X Twice Blackpink Seventeen Red Velvet Itzy EXID MAMAMOO MOMOLAND Astro Ateez Wanna One Txt Day 6 Exo NCT 127 NCT U NCT Dream i stan a lot groups i love all of them with my heart.

5 Likes

That’s also one of my favourites! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

wowwww THAT’S a huge list! how many years have you been into kpop?!!

their greeting is the best in the entire world :heart_eyes:

2 Likes