Doctor Stranger

I had these problem sooo often lately it can be annoyoing. But I always wait till it works again :confused:

@b2utybubbles yeah i don’t watch doctor stranger but I am tooo curious to avoid this topic :smiley:

1 Like

It’s not only at Doctor Stranger so, in “Love myself or you” there is a problem like this too >> Even the comments don’t appear, so I have to reload the page many times, or I don’t watch it >> And in “You’re all surrounded” the subtitles are not showing when they have to -_- I hope Viki will repair this ^^

Yeah sucks :frowning:

Han Seung-hee and Han Jae-Joon would look good together. The writer should focused also on them, not only on Soo-Hyun & Park Hoon.

After watching 13 episodes I must say that Seung Hee and Comrade Cha are by far my favorite characters of “Doctor stranger”. Both share a painfully manipulated world. Hope the script will not turn into a romantic comedy.

2 Likes

They are indeed complex characters. Officer Cha is a villain you feel sympathy for because of his tormented life. He lives in a gray world and knows that nothing will bring color. He’s being tortured by superior officers, he suffered physical abuse  (they’ve cut off his finger and beaten him) and emotional abuse. Song Jae-hee also has know suffering, loss, struggle, like officer Cha, and both try to find their way out of depths. Only Park Hoon brings color to Jae-hee’s gray world . Light is precious in a world so dark. We shall see if Park Hoon will continue to be her light or he will chose a less complicated and colorful life with Oh Soo-Hyun. I don’t know how the screenwriter will resolve this triangle, if Jae-hee will die or not for failing the mission, but I have a strong feeling that officer Cha will die in the end and his death will means his freedom.

If I were the screenwriter I would give officer Cha a pretty sad death. It’s more than likely they will fail  South Korean President’s cardiac surgery so Song Jae-hee will have to pay the consequences for her failure and also officer Cha, who’s her supervisor.  He will refuse to kill her, because he admires her strength as a person and will protect her at the cost of his life. He will die , but not as a villain, but as a dark knight (not purely bad guy) . Song Jae-hee knows that dr. Oh is in love with Park Hoon and he is gradually transformed by her love, as he was a few years ago. Their relationship cannot be the same because too much happened, so she will back off. It would not be a sad ending for her, she’s the main female character after all, probably the screenwriter will try to suggest that you never lose by loving, you lose by holding back.

The script is a mess. Jae Hee revealed to Park Hoon that Prime Minister wants President to be under coma to have the power for the amount of time he wants. In the event of prolonged illness or absence of a President isn’t the vice-president act as President until the President recover or the next election is due ? In South Korea, the Prime Minister is also the Vice President of the country?

I watched the latest episodes. Thank goodness the plan was finally revealed after all this secrecy but why Hoon HAS to be involved is still not explained other than “cause he’s the best!!”.

I really hope this plot finally starts answering questions such:
Jae Hee = Seung Hee 100%
Jae Joon’s transformation into a rival again when him and Hoon finally built a rapport
Why Hoon’s mother was held at the hospital other than to manipulate him and what she might know about her time at the hospital once she recovers (I hope)
Agent Cha and Lollipop Ajusshi’s motives

Until then, my feelings towards the writer’s confusing and ambiguous take on the plot is this:

actually, i think that the prime minister is trying to set him up. he wants to give the appearance to the S. Korean people that he “dealt” with the surgeon who put the President in critical condition, or something along those lines… he wants to use him and dispose of him like he did with the dad.

[quote]I really hope this plot finally starts answering questions such:
Jae Hee = Seung Hee 100%
Jae Joon’s transformation into a rival again when him and Hoon finally built a rapport
Why Hoon’s mother was held at the hospital other than to manipulate him and what she might know about her time at the hospital once she recovers (I hope) Agent Cha and Lollipop Ajusshi’s motives[/quote]

good questions. I can add one more:
the relation between Jae Hee/Seung Hee and Soo Hyun’s mother. Who exactly was that lady?

In the  novel to which Doctor Stranger was adapted Jae Hee remain in North Korea with her child (the child she had with Park Hoon) and with the man who protected her and her child and loved her while Park Hoon was in  South Korea. Park Hoon will ends up with Soo Hyun, because she’s blindly in love with him, but he doesn’t love her, he’ll continue to crave for his wife from North Korea, the mother of his child, the woman he lost.

that’s a wonderfully sad spoiler without warning. what’s the name of the book?

Umm I still couldn’t start this drama buuut this sounds ehhh like a horrible sad ending. Not because the don’t end up together but because he stays with a women he has no feelings for. The worst thing you can do…

But I as well wanna know , what’s the name of the book ? Do you know that ? :slight_smile:

Soon Hyun followed Park Hoon like a little puppy dog all these episodes It’s time for her to wake up to reality.
I really enjoyed episode 15 ending :smiley:

I don’t think this drama has anything to do with the book, only the sets are similar, but not the story.
Hope Park Hoon will remain with his North Korean fiancee.

It’s the last week! Time flies…

Any thoughts to add for the last episodes this week? Disappointments? Theories? Hopes? :smile:

Good to see some questions I had were answered like Jae Hee is really Jae Hee after prolonging the initial theory.

Some plotlines I still don’t get:

The competition. I’m really not a fan of using patients for the sake of hospital politics, reputation, etc. but I’m glad to see Hoon puts his patients’ health first before the competition.

I’m really confused by Jae Joon. He wants revenge because of his personal vendetta. Then his plan gets thwarted because he finds out he really loves Soo Hyun and he’s still bent on revenge.

I have a feeling Agent Cha isn’t dead.

My theory at the moment is Jae Hee is looking for a way for Hoon and his mother to live in peace while fully aware it could be at the cost of her own life. Pushing Hoon away is making the situation more complicated than it needs to be.

I’m still a fan of the instrumentals though! :smiley:

omggg im gonna cry! i really hope quackhoon will happen, and i really hope jaehee doesnt die. URRGGGH! SO MANY FUSTRATIONS! im scared of a dissapointing end, or worse, an OPEN end.

me tooooo.

man,im gonna so miss waiting for this every week to come out. i will have MAJOR withdrawal symptoms. im gonna miss lee jong suk’s face… lol

ugh the instrumentals are so good!
i really have a feeling jae hee’s gonna die, he’ll suffer, she’ll tell him she loves him and for quack to make him happy or somethin. ORRRR,jaehee doesnt die and the couples go back to the way they were in the begining :confused: orrrr jae hee and jaejoon will just stay lonely birds and ill have my perfect ending with quackhoon xD i have a feeling that lollipop guy will save hoon in the end, and that hyeon’s father didnt actually die… and jae joon… i dont know what’ll happen to him.
im sooo gonna miss this show. i might cry at it’s end. no matter the outcome.

omgggggg GUYS SPOILER @Niennavalar im just into the 1st half 30 minutes of ep 19 and am DEVASTATED to find out that quackhoon wont happen T.T seriously, life sucks forever. lol . dang. i feel like ive wasted 19/20 hours of my life i cant get back. T.T i mean, to give us quack shippers all a little major hope and then pull it away from us, its like taking candy from a baby and laughing at it T.T why??? this wouldve been the (kinda) 1st official drama where they choose the 2nd lead for the 1st time too… i dont wanna watch anymore but i cant stop… lol

SPOILER ALERT
I knew it, lol, my ship went down to the bottom of the ocean… but besides that, I’m not mad or disappointed only because quackhoon is not possible. Is because such amazing characters are wasted in this lame plot. Hoon had all the characteristics to be an amazing role and he as an actor is great, but the plot between the prime minister and the president in which they waste half of the drama is so lame (the contest…I won’t even begin with that)…and he is just wasted there being in the middle because he is the only good doctor in Korea?!. THe second male lead role JJ. Really? they just took him out like that of the map…after 20 years of revenge they just found out about his plans and well is all done and he is gone…really…and quack will end alone in the big castle. SMH
To me this became like a game imagine The prime minister and the president in opposite sides, North Korea is there involved for plot purposes but actually became a bad excuse for the drama, and in the middle of those teams is the Hospital in which Hoon and jH and quack are trapped…
Also I have nothing agains JH except her character is boring, sorry , but to me she is boring, is since the beginning their love story never moved me on bit, to the point I still think he is obsessed, cause he waste all this time chasing her. and I see noooo chemistry at all.
I’m so disappointed, lol

SPOILER SPOILER (well, i warned you all ;)) i so agree, but i still think that quackhoon was possible (until ep 19) due to all the hints and plot twists they were throwing,like to name a few : hinting jae hee will die,her telling hoon that quack has feels for him and basically looking like she gives up, because she might die and all, jae joon telling him basically “you know she likes you, please take care of her”, quack being in almost every scene and her feelings being the main focus on the last couple of episodes,as well as the quackhoon relationship being a focus everyone was starting to get aware of, and we cant deny their chemistry together! the close kiss-like thingy, the fact that there’s was a progression and not this boring romance that we all didnt see which already happened and became quite the obsession… anyways, i just knew it. another drama where my ship sinks as well and there’s a stupid end that wasnt put that well together and kinda felt like we all wasted our time… sigh im just waiting for a drama to come out thats NOT PREDICTABLE and has a great end for once, where our ships dont get shot by a thousand bullets and stuffed with fluff and then tapdanced on.

ps. not only did the plot drag, there were some really repetitive and overused stuff (the competitions, that stupid video of her saying HOOOOOOOONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,) and some lame excuses at the end… “oh she went to china” and they somehow both magically survived, then the comrade shoots himself in the head and is still talking for 5 minutes…

anywaysssss… i really hope there will be a great drama to come out with an unpredictable ending that blows all our minds and that for the 1st time in history, a 1st lead will end up with a 2nd lead.

2 Likes