Dramas Over the Years - a little game!

It’s been a little quiet, and I just thought we could play a little… everyone, mention one drama title for each year(your favorite) - we’ll keep countries separate. Movies are also allowed.

Okay, my explanation isn’t very enlightening, so here we go:

KOREAN DRAMAS
2010 - SECRET GARDEN
Yes, im a baby who hasn’t watched anything older than 2010 :sweat_smile::smiling_face_with_tear: can’t stand anything older than that

2011 - ALWAYS (Movie)
I could watch So Ji Sub in almost anything, even that horrific haircut :joy:

2012 - Love 911
I heard it was one of SK’s most iconic romances, so I gave it a try. It was pretty good, no lie there. Bonus: BTS’ Jungkook said the movie contained his dream kiss so i got terribly curious :sweat_smile:

2013 - My Love from the Star
Didn’t exactly enjoy it but a classic is a classic.

2014 - Healer
Iconic JCW drama. Still my favorite Park Min Young role.

2015 - Oh My Venus
One of favorite go-to romcoms. Can’t believe it’s from 2015! Loooooveddd the So Ji Sub-Shin Min Ah pairing… it was like a dream come true!

2016 - oh dear, this is almost as hard as @kdrama2020ali forcing me to choose ONE number 2 hottie :sob: lots of amazing dramas like W, Weightlifting Fairy, Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, Dr Romantic, LOTBS, The K2, Shopaholic Louis, GOBLIN… but i guess I’ll have to go with
DESCENDANTS OF THE SUN

2017 - okay I hate myself for creating this topic now. How on earth am I supposed to choose when Tomorrow With You, While You Were Sleeping, Suspicious Partner, Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, and Go back Couple are all staring at me in the face? This is terribly hard, but I’ll have to go with my first love - the one that drew me down the kdrama rabbit hole
I’M NOT A ROBOT

2018 - Terrius Behind Me, The Player, and Lawless Lawyer are all my favorites but, with a heavy heart, I’ll have to choose
THIRTY BUT SEVENTEEN
The cast was wonderful, it was one of the most heartwarming, romantic, and funny shows I’ve ever watched

2019 - I loved The Secret Life of My Secretary, Crash Landing on You, Never Twice, and He is Psychometric, but the top rank would have to go to
TOUCH YOUR HEART
Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na were hilariously adorable here, and the supporting cast was amaaaazing.

2020 - okay I spent forever trying to decide. With great difficultly, I eliminated Kiss Goblin, Mute, and The Good Detective. But you CAN’T make me choose between
18 AGAIN
It was one of the most meaningful and heartwarming shows I’ve ever watched. And i spent hours laughing over it.
https://www.viki.com/tv/37395c-18-again

FLOWER OF EVIL
The acting, plot and romance was top notch. It really moved me.
https://www.viki.com/tv/37073c-flower-of-evil

2021 - not a very good year for kdramas, IMO. Move to Heaven was pretty good but i loved the movie
MISSION POSSIBLE
https://www.viki.com/movies/37731c-mission-possible

2022 - its just started, so i cant really decide - but A Business Proposal is definitely one of my top all-time dramas. I’m also enjoying From Now On, Showtime! and highly anticipating Tomorrow, Our Blues, and Again My Life.

10 Likes

i am curious now, so i will definetely watch it tomorrow

2 Likes

Hahaha so you finished watching Secret Garden? :laughing:

2 Likes

Lol it was a cute kiss but i couldn’t stop giggling because i was imagining Jungkook doin that with someone :joy::joy:

1 Like

Yesss it was a nice drama… didn’t expect to see Son Ye Jin there - my jaw dropped and I had to turn off the decade-old TCs wishing the SG leads would get married :sob::sob: i wanted to write “nooooo im from the future, and Hyun Binnie is married to Son Ye Jin!!” :joy:

4 Likes

hhahahahaha

she did a cameo ?

2 Likes
4 Likes

Is this list complete? I guess not, with the help of Viki search, not everything is in there and not everything shows, since licenses have gone …

I did not start in 2001, more like 2009, but I watched what I could in the beginning and when I found Viki, it was great because I discovered where to get information about what I was watching.

And sorry again sometimes I can’t limit myself, too much love for some dramas.

It was not my first drama, but still one of the first ones I never forgot.

Have watched it only a few years ago, when Viki got it with some Soompi stuff, and I liked the development of the story and characters.

Just seen her and all the sweet stuff and Hyun Bin playing an “ass”, but hey - I just loved it watched it over and over … Now, I no longer have a source, so I am missing it …

A wild mix here, but can’t help even sometimes the story was going all around and back again. The story setting was still fresh to me and I like them one for the odd characters, one for the odd couple, and one for the odd story, still couldn’t help it …

One of my all-time favorites, so probably in my Top 3-5 forever.

Was at Viki, watched it probably in 2010, I just love family dramas, aunt was somehow my favorite character in it.

My first historical and I loved it.

Family dramas, when nothing else works for me, I am getting back to this genre.

It was so crazy back then, I just had to love it.

Was so well written, directed and played, no regrets watching it

A drama I watched without having subtitles, but a passionate blog writer, who did a review every single day.

My medicine, even though in the past weeks it did not work for me …

Just a joy to watch, that OTP and all the sceneries …

Crazy fun watch, even it took me years to finally pick it up.

I love Rock’n’Roll, so don’t judge my love for it.

Not much I can do about, just So Ji Sub and his magic.

This year is somewhat hard on me … Need to go down from 11 to 1?
I thought there was something missing, sorry I that added this one later as it is no longer at Viki - I had so much love for this one, but I don’t know anyone else loving this drama as much as I did.

Oh, well, 2014 was my last “full range” year of drama watching, so forgive me.

So, I (tried) to cut it down, to one I repeatably watched when I was feeling down, one I really adored while watching - it was such a comfort drama to me, and one that was kind of refreshing because it was not the usual kind of drama, characters seemed more real and majored compared to other dramas I watched until this point. For the last one it has gotten the license back in my area, so I might try it again to see, if it is still the way I recall it.

Tragic, I can watch this actor again and again …

Love it if a beta man comes across an alpha woman and instead of the alpha woman becoming a beta woman, he becomes an alpha man.

Love the characters, it’s as simple as that.

Really enjoyed the drama.

Another all-time favorite.

Edit: How could I forget about this one? Well not at Viki but I got to see it …

and this one

A hard case I can’t solve again - I am back with 3

Touching! Maybe this is why I Am Not a Robot and Are You Human Too? didn’t work with me …

It was my pleasure to watch.

Creepy, but splendid.

Edit: plus this one

Girl power!

Such an unexpected gem!

Is not easy either because I have not watched too many dramas of this year, so I am left with one, …

Seems I have not watched or not finished anything from this year …

Now, it’s done. :end:
So enough editing done - this is now final, I just forgot about the other source.

5 Likes

Wowwwww all the way since before I was born! :scream:
Putting Fantastic back on my watchlist… and you’ve convinced me to try Where Stars Land :sweat_smile::grin:

And Queen In Hyun’s Man… I remember starting it but idk why i didnt finish it. I’ve been BEGGING Viki to bring it back into my region :pensive:

2 Likes

Yes! She does a cameo in the last episode and I couldn’t enjoy the final romance scenes after that :joy::joy:

1 Like

I really don’t like picking ‘favs’ since that’s something that keeps changing the more you are exposed to other experiences. So, I’ll mentioned dramas I (really) like :wink:

Also: Old Boy was one of the first Korean films I watched and oh boy! They are so different from the dramas.

One of the first silly Korean movies I watched

86 episodes that I didn’t regret watching

Same! First historical drama and it was really epic.

Soft spot for the Master and his crew

2010 had some many, but have to give it to the very first Korean drama I watched, even though we cringe-watched it :rofl:

Such a fun movie

Okay, I’m stopping here. You get the picture :laughing:

7 Likes

Let’s go :grinning:

I also loved My Tutor Friend

I was more into movies that year.

My Brother
100 Days with Mr. Arrogant
He Was Cool
A Moment to Remember

And a great movie The King and the Clown

Such a great year:
Descendants of the Sun
Signal
W
A Beautiful Mind

Catch the Ghost
Kingdom
Extreme Job :rofl:
Exit :rofl:

Mr. Queen
Start-Up

4 Likes

Yes, I had a hard time choosing in that year as well :smiley:

2020 Hospital playlist would be my choice too :blush:

3 Likes

2016 was just phenomenal

4 Likes

This looks fun, but I need some time to sort through my list. I already know I’m probably going to have a hard time choosing for some years. I don’t like to commit to just one favorite :blush:.

4 Likes
  1. First Korean movie I ever watched. Would recommend everyone to watch it, but it’s heavy. One’s not the same after it.
  1. Characters were build up excellently.
  1. Sam Soon is just so pure despite all the swearing and cringe-worthy moments she finds herself in.
  1. One of my absolute favorites. The epitome of true love.
  1. LJG at his finest.
  1. The show which got me into K-dramas.
  1. Ah, the feeeeeelssss…

1. The year I discovered Seo Hyun Jin.

2018 was for me another hit year. I didn’t watch a lot of dramas, but those I did, they were epic!

Four or five times I got a warning that @mas4 has already posted this link :smirk:

7 Likes

Hmm, it won’t let me post anymore of the cool ‘link boxes’. I don’t know if that’s a problem on my end or what.

1 Like

K-movies

Still need to edit this one but want to reply to someone else so …
Bear with it for the moment …

Edit:
I think, I will leave it at that, I had that comment open for an hour and couldn’t change a thing.

3 Likes

Did you try with double-enter?

1 Like

Edit: Never mind, it turns out that once I post it, it shows up correctly, even though it doesn’t on the post preview.

2 Likes