Dramas that you watched till the end that weren't worth it

Inspired by another thread + this has been on my mind for a while.

Which dramas have you watched till the end, but thought it wasn’t worth the time you invested in it? Where you thought : “Why am I still watching?” or “This feels like a chore.”

This is NOT for dramas where you didn’t like the ending.
This is for dramas where for example you thought the story would get better but it never did. Or the story was completely different (in a bad way) then was described. Or because of the chemistry between actors. Just trying to think of ideas :blush:.

My list:

1. King2hearts - the villain arc was so utterly ridiculous, I had to skip a lot of his parts (first time I skipped in a drama ever!). And it just didn’t get as good as I thought it would, considering the cast.

2. LoveO2O - I think I was expecting too much and it didn’t live up to my expectations. The main couple’s scenes were painful to watch.

I probably have more :laughing:

If this thread is too similar to others, let me know :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

Love, just come.

2 Likes

Yeah, 100%.
That rollercoaster wasn’t worth it and some of the characters did truly awful things :expressionless:

2 Likes

It’s bad and crazy for me.

I have a lot more though, will share them soon.

2 Likes
  1. Bad and Crazy
  2. My secret terrius
  3. The one and only

Probably a lot more… but I remember only these for now.

2 Likes

Love Alarm, especially the 2nd season.

7 Likes

I wanted to watch that one, but I’ve heard multiple people say that it was meh :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I have to admit that those are the dramas I most instantly forget, and I don’t even dare to go back to my long list to look it up for these dramas. I think I would waste my time a second time.

I know that there are some I said “I want xx hours of my life back”, but partial amnesia must have gotten the better of me. I can’t remember even a single title from memory.

4 Likes

Maybe I didn’t think so back when I watched them, but if I check my MDL list, everything under 7 goes in the category “It wasn’t worth it”. I never give a bad score just because the end wasn’t what I wanted or expected. For example " Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" and “The Red Sleeve” had a heartaching end, but are on the top of my list.
The one that comes in mind right away, the greatest disappointment of 2021 was “Lovers of the Red Sky”. I like both the actors and historical dramas, but this was such a waste of time! Bad story, bad acting, I can’ t believe now that I watced it till the end.

5 Likes

Oh, there was such a hype for this one. I wasn’t sure if I was going to watch it… I think I won’t now :laughing:

I experience this too with some dramas :rofl:. Before I started to keep my list, I would sometimes stumble across a drama, watch an episode and realize I already watched it… :no_mouth:

Still have a few that aren’t on my list, which I’m not sure I’ve watched or not

1 Like

Youth of May! I was soooo excited because I was a new Lee Do Hyun fan and I also love historical settings… it started out well but ended up being a big disappointment

4 Likes

This is on my list too. It is another of those dramas that was beautifully filmed and had a great cast, but the story was very one-dimensional and repetitive, IMO. A couple others are “The Dance of the Storm”, “Nice to Meet You”, and “Legend of Fuyao”. I guess it’s not surprising that these are all Cdramas, which tend to get dragged out for too many episodes.

6 Likes

Not to mention, the romance was kind of bland.

I liked the comedic relief in some of the episodes. I didn’t watch the last two episodes since I was pretty much done with the draggy plot.

6 Likes

I really liked a couple that have already been mentioned, but I’m sure I’ve loved some shows others don’t like so… :woman_shrugging:
The ones I finished but I didn’t think were worth it would be
ExtraOrdinary You - The FLs voice grated on me, she was so whiney
Kakafukaka - toxic
Love at First Sight - bad writing & acting
Please Enlighten Me - rushed and it seemed like the story was being made up as they were filming.
The Black Devil & White Prince - toxic

5 Likes

Guilty of enjoying this the first time it aired. I was hooked. Each week I would wait for the subber to release the subs. I tried to rewatch it but it didn’t feel the same. Like, why is this so weird? lol

I found out that while watching a show that’s on-air there’s a sense of piqued interest. For these shows, when I try to rewatch them at a later time it doesn’t have the same pull it did when I was waiting week after week.

5 Likes

I assume Young Lady and Gentlemen will be such Kdrama for me. But only 10 eps to go so I decided to stick to it. And Jirisan was a waste of time too in my opinion.

9 Likes

I honestly feel like its such a waste to have dramas with HUUUUGE budgets, A-list actors, flawless cinematography and OSTs sung by the best of the best – and the plot is sheer garbage. Its what I hate most.

8 Likes

These are the kind of dramas that feel like the biggest waste… They had the recipe for greatness and it still got ruined :sob:.

Please invest in good writers :pray:

5 Likes

That’s so true… I believe Jirisan was quite hyped but it didn’t deliver at all. Same for Heirs, just your basic highschool romcom and there where a few others.

7 Likes

Completely agree with King2hearts.
Generally there are way too many dramas that weren’t worth my time and I didn’t drop them, like Dark Hole and Mine. I really regret wasting my time to watch them. However, I am also thankful to them, because after watching them, I decided that I shouldn’t waste my time and that it is better to add dramas I don’t like on my dropped list.

5 Likes