Dramas that you watched till the end that weren't worth it

The hype is definitely misleading for Jirisan, but I caught that in the first episode, and left it on the shelf😉

4 Likes

The Ending for “Black” the KDrama killed it for me. It made no sense at all.

4 Likes

Manhole - I watched this a couple of years ago. The whole drama was odd and the acting / writing wasn’t great overall. Why did I even bother finishing this? Have no idea :laughing:.

3 Likes

its was called a loop, took him back to the beginning, yeah didn’t make sence to me either

2 Likes

The Man Who Defies The World Of BL was just a chore to watch, all the actions were exaggerated and everything just seemed cringe.

1 Like

I am surprised that so many of you think that king 2 hearts was a waste of time. It definitely is one of my favourite dramas, maybe in second place behind heartless city/cruel city.
Also I admitted that I also nearly skipped the parts with the villain. But maybe that was when I watched the drama for the second time, which you obviously never did.

I recently got rid of most of the dramas in my watch list, that I finished but thought of as a waste of time but I still remember 3 dramas that fit the description for me:

1. Goong - no surprise, I already said it in another thread.

2. Sponsor - Maybe not that fitting, as I realised pretty soon, that the drama wasn’t as good as I expected. Well it did get better later on, but I would not watch it again.

3. High Society - I felt absolutely no chemistry between the main leads. Uee, who I liked in white nights (netflix) was awful in this drama. Didn’t like her acting at all.

I had a 4th one in mind, but I forgot.

Thought about mentioning Sweet Munchies here, but that might be too harsh, as even though I didn’t like the show as a whole I actually liked designer Kang, my one reason to watch the show till the very end. But the show definitely had a lot of lengths.

5 Likes

Hmm…

Inborn Pair - no idea, why I started this, but I skipped through it to see the MC scenes anyway
Touch - wth
Extraordinary You
The Liar and his Lover - annoying
Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo - I know people love this and there are some iconic scenes, but I wasn’t much into it
Birth of a Beauty
Way back into love - first it was okay, but then absolutely nothing happened
Sm:)e - horrible

4 Likes

I agree with the 2nd season, I was binging it until the 2nd season just started being confusing and hard to watch.

3 Likes

Really? I thought it was a riot. JDramas are always Extra, and this one is certainly pushing the limits, but somehow it worked for me. LOL

1 Like

I watched Inborn Pair early in my Drama watching so I quite liked it, but I don’t think I’d enjoy it near as much now. And why, oh why, is it so many episodes? The only other 2 on your list that I’ve watched, Extra-Ordinary You & Weightlifting Fairy, I didn’t think were worth it either. For the life of me I couldn’t understand they hype of either.

Well, it’s not like it wasn’t interesting… the acting made it hard for me to watch, and yeah I started to notice how JDramas are all extra.

2 Likes

My Love, Enlighten Me - I had seen Eleanor Lee in Fake Princess and loved her performance there so I decided to check out some of her other dramas. My Love, Enlighten Me came highly recommended as one of her best dramas. Ugh! I forced myself to finish it because of EL. I kept hoping it would improve as the drama progressed and I would see some EL magic-never happened. Story and characters were by turns boring and unlikable for me. EL performance was just OK, nothing special. I used the FF button liberally after the halfway point of the drama. 24 episodes seemed more like 50 as I slogged my way to the end. Totally not worth it. I should have just done a Fake Princess rewatch.

Professional Single- I found the male lead character toxic and the “romance” not cute at all. I kept hoping things would change since I was desperate for a good rom com and others had been raving about how cute this drama and the OTP was, so I did not drop the drama but kept going to the end. A total waste of my time.

3 Likes

ikr it started out nicely but then it became such a draaaaaaag… I forgot to continue watching it multiple times and I still don’t remember whether I finished it. Romcom cdramas never seem to have proper plots to hook you… it mostly depends on the main actors’ ability to charm and the writers’ ability to get you attached to the characters. When you get attached, you want closure and hope for all sorts of stuff - like weddings and proposals. So even though there’s no actual direction to the plot itself, you want to watch the characters grow and mature and find happiness. You’re invested in their story. This one just didn’t hook me at all. There was no point in watching further. There was nothing I wanted to know, nothing I wanted to see.

I also didn’t get the immense hate towards the ML when he just did his job. Sure, he was callous and hurt their careers, but he never went out of his way to do it. He just followed the manager’s command without rebelling for justice’s sake… everyone makes it look like he was the mastermind behind it all, intent on bringing everyone down for his personal amusement when he just did what he was told. His only fault was that he didn’t care enough to go against the management and save the girls.

3 Likes

I watched Taxi driver because the first 12 episodes were fast, suspensful and tense and had good lines and interesting subplots.
I watched the last episodes from curiosity. The last episodes were written, directed and acted differently, as if the production team changed after episode 12. The characters made choices that didn’t align with how they were portrayed. Plot lines that were tight started derailing. The “social messages” were too obvious and too abundant. The writing became a medium for enunciating slogans and “social advice” and the dialogues were messed up.
Anyway.
I pretend that the last 3-4 episodes never existed.

4 Likes

Same! I remember starting My Love, Enlighten Me but I’m not sure where I left off. I only remember the beginning sort of. She was part of a girl group or in some sort of competition… The guy was like a sound engineer or famous producer right?

Conner’s dramas haven’t grabbed me yet. His acting is still stiff. He’s not that expressive nor has he developed a charm. He has the looks and height to be visually attractive with his female leads though. I’ll still keep up with his dramas in hopes he can improve.

2 Likes

I agree. I just think he needs to loosen up a little

2 Likes

I know people going to k!! Me but, the king eternal monarch. I didn’t like the end I mean they should have worked more on it. For me was like they run out of ideas. It got kinda bored at the end.

4 Likes

really? i thought that the ending is perfect…
i love tkem!

2 Likes

I’m very detail so I usually get pretty what they trying to communicate overall in K drama but with this one was something weird first the way that he got into the real was kinda goofy but anyways I also think that the bodyguard Woo Do-hwan. They should give him more cause I know his potential. Anyways that was something that I couldn’t catch because of the beginning and he was looking for her because he thought that she saved him but wasn’t like that in very very end they showed that actually he save himself and was really weird because how they show it in the present since this was a memory that he had in the past and he still having it so how that can be happened two times I probably would understand that part if it they wouldn’t have added the part in the past’s memories but I really didn’t understand it was like a memory attached to the past happened in the present going to the future?

3 Likes

I don’t usually watch JDramas because of the acting, but I figured why not try this one. My Beautiful Man, I thought it’ll be worth the watch since it looks different from most JDramas. The show wasn’t bad per se…it was just a lot but not a lot going on. With 6 episodes and about 25 mins in each episode, there wasn’t much of a story. The ending wasn’t bad, it was just the journey it took to get to the end was weird…idk how to explain it.

3 Likes