Dramas you wouldn't recommend?

Let’s see:

• Dr. Jin (Korean version): It was so bad, only completed it because Jaejoong was in it. A typical example of amazing cast but writer PD couldn’t pull it off.
  • Paradise Ranch: Only completed it because Changmin was cute. Seriously who goes on a date wearing a yellow jumper with a duck on it?! Boring story.
  • Flames of Ambition: Same kind of drama over and over again, decided to just drop it after ep 22.
  • The King of Dramas: Boring!
  • Poseidon: Dropped it after Yunho’s role was done, Sorry Siwon I tried to complete it because of you but no.
  • Skip Beat: They ruined one of my favorite manga series, how dare they?! Completed it though because Donghae and Siwon where entertaining
  • Queen of Ambition: The female lead annoyed me so much! Not the actress but her role
  • King 2 Hearts: I know many LOVED this series but I didn’t. I’m not really into political stuff .
  • Birdie Buddy: After all the rumours and such about it I expected a lot but no. It was entertaining but overall boring.
  • Blade and the petal: hated the ending, it ruined it all for me
  • When A man loves: Mi Do annoyed me a lot and SSH was such a sissy

Ok let’s stop here… I have more on my list but it’s already so long…whoops!

A few of skip-worthy dramas that come to mind:

1. Fashion King
  2. My Woman
  3. Sword and Flower (alternate name is something like Sword and Petal)

All three are looooong and unsatisfying.

2 Likes

Yes, even though she was the actress from BOF, the drama still sucked. I was able to look past her acting in BOF because the story line was so good but i couldn’t stand her acting skills in Absolute boyfriend.

GOO HYE SUN:–> Acting skill rank: 2 out of 10

2 Likes

Ahh I actually wanted to mention KING 2 HEARTS but I was afraid the fans would sacrifice me on here but o well since you mentioned it, I might as well jump on the bandwagon…yes I didn’t enjoy that drama at all because it was all military and politics…the only thing I did like were the cute scenes and of course the refrigerator kiss( too cute ^ ^)

SKIP BEAT: I had a peek and went like “HELL NO”

PANDA AND THE HEDGEHOG: Drama name turned me off instantly

BIRDIE BUDDY: Drama about golf right??..After I found out the drama was about golf I knew I wont be watching it

I didn’t like Big either, I still can’t believe the Hong sister are writing Master’s Sun coz I love it hahahah

I loved BOF and I liked her in that drama. But I tried to watch take care of us captain and I couldn’t finish. I don’t know if it is because of her, or the story line… Even know they main guy was super cute, I wasn’t able to finish hehe

1 Like

BIG was good at some points but the overall story fell short for me…also the ENDING…till today, I still have no idea what happened at the END???..LOTS OF QUESTIONS still remain UNANSWERED

1 Like

I don’t mind sad endings, but open endings are the worst, and big was like that. I really really hope that they won’t do this to master sun. I will be kind of pissed hahah

I actually liked “Take Care of us Captain.”…the storyline was kinda INSPIRING (It made me want to work harder in life and follow my dreams) but I have no idea why I didn’t finish it but I thought it was good. I would rate it about 7/10

I know right. The ending was really irritating. I stayed with the drama to see the end result and all i get are question marks…Master’s Sun better not end up like that or else…I watched Episode 12 of Master’s Sun yesterday and all I can say is -->HONG SISTER’S…I hope you are not gonna turn this drama into another “BIG”

tcruz I gotta go. Heading to school :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a friend who really liked it too. I don’t remember much about it, but I know that I really liked the beginning, I cried a ton when her mom died and then her dad, and she had to take care of her sister. But then I remember that after ep 10 or 11 I thought the story was getting slower and slower, so I stopped watching. I don’t like when they drag the story heheheh

Let’s mention one more: K-POP Extreme Survival. It was so bad but there where also some funny things about it. It’s about an artist/band and in the first ep they showed he was holding a concert abroad. But actually it was footage from SMTown in Paris, I’m still happy that my seat was located more in the back :stuck_out_tongue: If only Yoohwan was giving here a concert for real back then :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

(Came back to post a quick reply XD)

I did like her a lot in BOF. She used to be my favorite actress at that time but after the BOF era, I realized that acting wasn’t her strongest point.

I understand when you say take care of us captain got slow and draggy at some points. Yes it did get slow towards the middle but the beginning started off really great. I wish the writer had kept up with the drama’s beginning pace because that drama had so much potential

I decided to try out Take care of us captain because of the lead guy( the king from Dong Yi, I really liked dong yi) and of course Goo hye sun( since she acted in BOF)

AHH!! KPOP extreme survival. DUDIE I think you must be reading my mind!! I did think of that drama too!

I actually liked that drama as it progressed. It had that you are beautiful feel going for it but the abrupt ending/drama’s cancellation killed it for me

I second that!! Big was so disappointing! I felt sorry for the great actors who had to put up with the script and its weird ending.
Another “weird”/lame drama: 100 Years of Inheritance. After 20 eps, this drama got draggy, lame and it was full of “cliché”. Every time they tried to create a “dramatic” mood, I just rolled my eyes and laughed. Normally I don’t mind the typical drama cliché but it was totally overboard in some eps.
Another weird drama: I do, I do.
I am not sure yet whether I didn’t like the acting or the roles in this drama. On the other hand, this drama is quite daring, interesting and “modern” as topics like “getting pregnant before marriage” or “Older Woman is dating a young man” aren’t the typical issues that Korean dramas deal with.

1 Like

Panda and Hedgehog… The worst drama of all times… I love Donghae and Choi Jin Hyuk but it was so boring!!

2 Likes

Haha. Since it’s your own opinion, it’s okay if you hated the drama that I liked! :slight_smile: It’s everyone’s personal taste anyway. King 2 Heart almost made my top 3 because Ha Ji Won is my fav. Korean actress and I liked all Lee Seung Gi dramas so far. :slight_smile:

I also know a lot of people hated Dr. Jin but I enjoyed it. Actually, that drama holds a special place in my heart since that was the first drama I subbed as part of the subbing team at Viki. I didn’t know this drama got so unpopular (since I never read any comments back then) and was wondering why less and less subbers showed up towards the end of the drama! I think it was just me and 2 others left in the end! haha Despite lack of support, I can proudly say that I finished that project! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think Big is the only Hong sisters drama that I had no desire to watch whatsoever. I enjoyed all of their other dramas, although Master’s Sun isn’t my favorite of their work! Yes, I know that it’s massively popular right now but I’m really not into ghost stories much, except for Arang! :slight_smile:

Ajumma. Let me tell you something. Deep down in your heart I don’t think you like the drama for its story….I am pretty sure that it is the memories you have with it that makes you think you like the drama….I segmented on a licensed drama for the very first time and I hear people say that the drama sucks but to me, I cannot get myself to say that it was bad since it was my first licensed project.

A SOLID CLUE THAT LETS YOU KNOW A DRAMA IS BAD: subbers stop showing up

A CLUE THAT LETS YOU KNOW A DRAMA SUCKS REALLY BAD: Subbers, seggers, moderators, and editors stop showing up.

xx Kudos to you for finishing up that project. Thank you :slight_smile: xx

3 Likes

Ah i really, really need to go back and finish watching Arang. it was so good but I got sidetracked with something else