Dramas you wouldn't recommend?

Yup, 2 of my fav. historical dramas! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here!!! I stopped right around there!

I know what you mean about long historical dramas. I normally refuse to watch anything longer than 24 episodes. But I make exceptions for really great historical dramas.

Hwang Jin Yi by Ha Ji Won was a short historical drama which I loved but I donā€™t think Viki has it.

You know what?
I was going to apologize to the originator for hitch-hiking this topic to carry on a conversation between us 3 and then I looked it up and YOU are the originator of this topic! LOL!

1 Like

I never watched the Taiwanese version, but have you seen the original version?? is called Zettai Kareshi

LOL I also didnā€™t finished ā€œlove rainā€, and I donā€™t think I will, I started watching ā€œGoddess of marriageā€ but I it was just bleh I got bored, I started watching ā€œLie to meā€ but Iā€™m stuck in episode 11 I mean I got bored just to the end, I know many people loves ā€œPanda and Hedgehogā€ but i can move from episode 9 or so I just get bored

1 Like

This is a tough one! But Iā€™d have to say that I found the following dramas a bitā€¦ below my expectations:

Time Slip Dr. Jin
Golden Time
Miss Ripley
Ohlala Couple
Love Rain
Athena and IRIS 2

I couldnā€™t pull myself to finish any of these! But Iā€™m glad I gave them a try anyway ^^

1 Like

I have to admit JOJā€™ s story was pretty strong from episode 1-10( you know when she and the king were getting to know each other and all) but episodes after thatā€¦hmm

LOLā€¦you have a good list of terrible dramasā€¦dr jin, ripley( only watched till ep 2) love rain (of courseā€¦yuck!) Athena( they tried real hard but never achieved what thy were aiming 4)ā€¦the producers/makers shouldnā€™t have bothered with such a dramaā€¦ that drama is just horrible.

My friend just told me that winter sonata, autumn in my heart and love rain are from de same writer, things really change I guess.

They wrote the 4 season series:

• Autumn Story/Autumn in my heart (ź°€ģ„ė™ķ™”) - Loved it!

• Winter Sonata (ź²Øģšøģ—°ź°€) - A bit strange but wanted to find out what all that craze was about Bae Yong Joon

• Summer Scent (ģ—¬ė¦„ķ–„źø°) - Just alright. Song Seung Hun looked good in it. Beautiful scenery

• Spring Waltz(ė“„ģ˜ ģ™ˆģø ) - Just alright

3 Likes

Oh I forgot about Ohlala and Athena, which I gave up after a couple episodes. Never saw Miss Ripley. I guess I didnā€™t miss much, eh? :wink:

But I have to say I really liked Golden Time. That was my very first medical drama to watch in my whole life AND the first medical drama to sub for. This is one of those cases where I had such a wonderful experience with the best subbing team working together. :slight_smile:

1 Like

These type of dramas are not my kind of thing at all.I found WINTER SONATA to be very boringā€¦i still do not understand what the hype was about.But i did like Autumn in my heart . My mom and I cried together, lol( I introduced my mom to korean dramas and she loved it :))

After watching Winter sonata, I didnā€™t bother with the rest.

1 Like

Oh yeah Love Rain, i just remembered that it was also part of the seasons seriesā€¦

I cried so so so much watching autumn in my heart and winter sonata, even know I hate amnesia hahahaha

Ohh yes IRIS2 and Athena where such a let down specially after all the promotion and such about this series.

That reminds me of an other one: Road Number One
That was supposed to become THE hitseries of uhh 2011? It had an over the top budget and everything but it failed so bad.

1 Like

I actually liked King of Dramas :smiley: It made me know the things that happens when filming dramas. Well, maybe because itā€™s in relation to my course. hahaha~

Fashion King Bad acting, boring storyline
Love Rain Story is so slow!
Reply 1997 Boring. Not worth anyoneā€™s time.
Dream High 2 Not even close to measuring up to Dream High.
Blade and Petal They both die at the end. Story was boring.
Jang Ok Jeong She dies at the end.

Uhm I really wish you didnā€™t attach spoilers to your comment.

1 Like

thanks for telling me i watched 3 and really like it it is even better than the manga :slight_smile:

I agree I wouldnā€™t recommend Fashion king to any one