Earn points for gifts with language-learning activities

Yay a new challenge, I wonder if I got them right since I don’t know much more the a hello and thanks in Chinese.
I have a tip for you @dee switch the comment section of for the challenges :smile:

2 Likes

@Dudie good luck chingu :wink:

Ohh… Viki… you’ve raised the bar with the third challenge! I’m liking it!
So, the one-liners were a soft warm-up for this real challenge.

Good job! Hope I get them all right fingers crossed

1 Like

Hm got b from the last one wrong =( I only knew the meaning of 水 and 我, but I guess it’s like an idiom or proverb…
The third challenge seems kinda hard :confused:

1 Like

Wow so far I got everything correct it seems. This time the challenge is a lot harder, I wonder if I have them correct because I have a hard time hearing the words in Thai and Chinese.

1 Like

I just send in my answers for the new challenge and it was so hard. With no knowledge of Chinese and Thai and only a little idea about Korean, I almost fell into despair. :wink:
But those dictionary links posted all over the discussion sections really came in handy.
The hardest one for me was the chinese sentence, I almost gave up, but somehow I pulled through, even though my translations might be nonsense. At least the team will have something to laugh about. :smiley:

Can we please go back to the multiple choice questions? Pretty please? :wink:
Seeing how the difficulty level went up so fast, I’m afraid that we will have to write an essay in Chinese about how amazing Jasper Liu is for the next challenge. :smile:

2 Likes

where´s the third challenge?

I finally found the third challenge, it’s getting harder every time

I’ll write down the link for people who are still wondering where to find it :wink: :
http://blog.viki.com/2014/07/language-learning-challenge-3-round-up.html

1 Like

Those books look great! I’d really like the Korean book!
But the challenges keep getting harder… >_<’ Fighting

That’s an amazing idea! I would love to win Korean for beginners <3

The first book giveaway needs to be a bit more challenging than the other quizzes, wouldn’t you all agree? :wink: Thanks everyone for participating and there’s so much interesting information in these Discussion comments!

1 Like

I’m up for the challenge :smile: I hope this won’t be the last give away because I like it so far :blush:

it´s good, everytime is harder but it´s so funny

2 Likes

Got a question. Do only the best get the gifts? 'Cause can see the future and I’ll be giving a lot of wrong answers. I’m still a beginner level.

Hi @Yahs! We plan to switch up how we’ll give the gifts away so that everyone has a fair opportunity :slight_smile:

What does everyone think about having a video hangout as one of the activities? It would be an opportunity to practice language learning together and meet fellow Viki users. If you think so, any ideas about what topics you’d like to chat most about? Please let me know, thanks :smile:

That’s such a nice idea but how do you plan on doing that? On skype? special thing on Viki itself. I like to practice my skills but I don’t want everyone to see my face :stuck_out_tongue:
About the topics, maybe people can give each other advise on how to keep motivated or maybe study techniques on how to remember things the best way? Or maybe you can pick a theme or language for each hangout so it’s not that random and you can go more in depth about a certain subject?

1 Like

Maybe we can have a theme per video to improve our vocabulary. Let’s see… since Korean and Japanese are trendy these days, let’s start with them.

I remember in my faculty days, given that we were studying a language that was new to us, Russian, we started from the alphabet and themed lessons, like “My apartment”, “Food and Drinks”, “Travel”, easy grammar and so on.

So what I propose is “Food and Drinks in Korean” and people can give the equivalent in their own language.

But like @Dudie, I also don’t want that video conference/chat room thingie… Maybe, ironically, because I associate Viki with the privacy of my apartment… you know where we can binge-watch our favourite dramas in pajamas, with ice-cream or popcorn :smile: And… i’m rambling… tsk tsk…

Back on topic - It’s a good initiative, but it has to be well structured, like a course or something. In order not to be a complete chaos of words ^^ it must deal with one topic per video. If we explore different languages, then it must be a language per video, otherwise is too confusing.

1 Like

that would be great , but not everybody likes video chat , I think the languages that most of people want to learn are japanese, mandarin, korean, and spanish we can start with those , and start with the alphabet and basic thing I think small tests can be done and we can revise each other like a small homework

2 Likes